INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
That really seems cheap now, Huh?... :D :D >:D

So does my EV.

What happened to selflessness?  The other 98% of the country suffers for the benefit of the 2% who own heavily subsidized unicorns and rainbows?  I thought we were all "in this together?" ;D ;D >:D

We are... and it starts with us trying to get off of non-renewable fuel reliance... don't see you doing that.

2% will become the majority eventually... you will be left behind.

irvinehomeowner said:
We are... and it starts with us trying to get off of non-renewable fuel reliance... don't see you doing that.

Not in our lifetimes?unicorns and rainbows.

Your article just makes it more imperative for people to buy an electric car asap.
Or stockpile batteries.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not sure how old you are... but things will be different in 5-20 years.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not sure how old you are... but things will be different in 5-20 years.

They said that 5-20 years ago...we were supposed to be underwater by now...or frozen solid ...or cooking in our own juices..I forget which but...here we are...perfect boating day! ;D ;D >:D

Or maybe 40-50 years ago... ;D ;D >:D

Brown Warns of Drought Disaster; Says ?Hard Choices? Face California

LOS ANGELES, March 7?Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr., warned here today that drought?stricken California was ?facing a disaster of immeasurable magnitude.?

?The specter of drought has been gathering momentum, not only in California, but across the country,? the Democratic Governor declared, adding that people must learn that ?this is an era of limits and there are very hard choices to make.?
https://www.nytimes.com/1977/03/08/...saster-says-hard-choices-face-california.html

Climatologists Forecast Stormy Economic Future

They believe that the earth's climate has moved into a cooling cycle, which means highly erratic weather for decades to come. And that, they say, has profound implications?most of them bad?for world food production, economic stability and social order. With the world's population now so high, the results of even minor yearto?year shifts in climate could be catastropihc, they say.
https://www.nytimes.com/1976/07/12/archives/climatologists-forecast-stormy-economic-future.html
;D ;D
From the NY Times so it must have come true?....Unicorns and Rainbows...

Jerry Brown is the crook that enabled collective bargaining for the state public sector unions - never has one man done so much damage to an entire state

OCtoSV said:
Jerry Brown is the crook that enabled collective bargaining for the state public sector unions - never has one man done so much damage to an entire state

Really to the country too.. that was the blueprint for all public service unions...once again we lead the way into the toilet...

Pushing inflation upward and in the end just Unicorns and Rainbows...

Beware: 100% Green Energy Could Destroy the Planet

Some environmentalists are pointing to a little-noticed study by the World Bank showing that moving toward 100% solar, wind and electric battery energy would be just as destructive to the planet as fossil fuels. This was precisely the conclusion of a story in Foreign Policy magazine, hardly a right-wing publication.

According to the Foreign Policy analysis, moving to a "carbon-free" energy future "requires massive amounts of energy, not to mention the extraction of minerals and metals at great environmental and social costs."

Here are some of the numbers. Going all-in on batteries, solar and wind would require:

-- 34 million metric tons of copper

-- 40 million tons of lead

-- 50 million tons of zinc

-- 162 million tons of aluminum

-- 4.8 billion tons of iron

Those tens of millions of windmills, solar panels and electric batteries for cars and trucks aren't exactly biodegradable. So, we will have the most prominent energy graveyard with toxic pollutants that will be 100 times larger than any nuclear waste storage. And yet, the Left is worried about plastic straws!

In other words, real nature lovers are finally starting to awaken to the reality that wind and solar aren't so green after all. A nuclear plant takes up at most 1 square mile of land. Wind and solar farms require hundreds of thousands of acres. So, to provide enough electric power to keep Manhattan lit up at night would require paving over nearly the whole state of Connecticut with windmills and solar farms.

The public is starting to ask: How is any of this green? The Green New Deal strategy makes especially no sense given that by increasing our use of clean-burning and reliable natural gas, we are reducing energy prices AND cutting carbon emissions. Add nuclear power to the mix, and we wouldn't need to start building wind and solar farms in our forests, deserts and national parks.
https://townhall.com/columnists/ste...reen-energy-could-destroy-the-planet-n2608294

Metal is recyclable. You don't need it to be biodegradable, you just need to re-use it.

I agree that there are challenges to switching to greener energy sources but at the same time, whatever infrastructure is used for fossil fuels is a wash in costs/usage/construction materials.

Natural gas is a good alternative, but we should move to biomethane or any type of renewable gas.

As for acreage usage, I don't mind seeing windmills or solar farms where there would otherwise be just desert but that's me.

It is all just a big scam....

How ESG investing came to a reckoning
With allegations of greenwashing at the highest levels, does it still make sense for funds to package together environmental, social and governance factors?

Investing within an ESG framework is now the fastest-growing segment of the asset management industry. Assets in ESG funds grew 53 per cent year on year to $2.7tn in 2021, according to data provider Morningstar, amid a gold rush by asset managers to tap into rising investor demand by rebranding their funds as sustainable or launching new ones.

The term has become an increasingly broad catch-all for a range of approaches to investment: everything from negative screening (removing sectors such as tobacco or defence) to positive screening (picking sectors such as clean energy), to really any kind of strategy that promises to bring about positive social or environmental change.
But there?s a fine line between flexibility and ambiguity, and ESG?s critics say some companies and investors are using the loosely defined term to ?greenwash,? or make unrealistic or misleading claims, especially about their environmental credentials.

Those criticisms came into sharp focus on May 31, when German police raided the offices of asset manager DWS and its majority owner Deutsche Bank as part of a probe into allegations of greenwashing. It was the first time that an asset manager has been raided in an ESG investigation and signals a moment of reckoning for the industry.

It?s a ?real wake-up call,? says Desiree Fixler, the former DWS executive who blew the whistle on her company for allegedly making misleading statements about ESG investing in its 2020 annual report (DWS denies wrongdoing). ?I still believe in sustainable investing, but the bureaucrats and marketers took over ESG and now it?s been diluted to a state of meaninglessness,? she says.

On top of the allegations of greenwashing at the industry?s highest levels, there is the impact of Russia?s invasion of Ukraine, which is forcing companies, investors and governments to wrestle with developments that at times appear to pit the E, the S and the G against one another. For example, governments in Europe are reneging on environmental goals by turning to fossil fuels to reduce dependence on Russian gas, in order to fulfil ethical goals.
https://www.ft.com/content/5ec1dfcf...egmentId=b385c2ad-87ed-d8ff-aaec-0f8435cd42d9

What an out of touch, stupid and elitist thing for a political leader to say.  I know some of you think this too but the vast majority of Americans 98-99% can't and wont make this statement...what a DB.

Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow brags that it doesn't 'matter' to her how high gas prices are because she drives by every station in her electric vehicle
Democratic Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow said that it 'doesn't matter' to her how high gas prices get because she has an electric vehicle
'On the issue of gas prices went by every gas station [in my electric vehicle] and it didn't matter how high it was,' the Michigan senator said during a hearing
Added: 'I'm looking forward to the opportunity for us to move to vehicles that aren't going to be dependent on the whims of the oil companies'
As of Tuesday, the average price per gallon of gas in the U.S. reached a new high of $4.92 ? even higher in Stabenow's home state of Michigan at $5.17
United States senators make an annual salary of $174,000
The average cost of an electric vehicle is $56,437, which is approximately $10,000 higher than the industry average

United States senators make an annual salary of $174,000.

The average cost of an electric vehicle, according to Kelley Blue Book, is $56,437, which is approximately $10,000 higher than the industry average including cars that are electric and gas.

Michigan's average household income is $59,234 between 2016-2020 ? just a few thousand over the typical cost of an EV, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-doesnt-matter-high-gas-prices-drives-EV.html

irvinehomeowner said:
Almost like saying I use a golf cart or don't care about how much it costs for my yacht.

Illustrating just how grateful I am...besides, I am not a politician whos policies advocate to her constituents detriment not their benefit..that is sad.

Back