INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

morekaos said:
Is Elon Musk gouging his customers?....Yes! ;D ;D >:D

This is true. There are several articles asking Tesla to explain their earnings report because their profit margins are higher than previous ones.

But the point is, it's not just Tesla.

irvinehomeowner said:
This is true. There are several articles asking Tesla to explain their earnings report because their profit margins are higher than previous ones.

But the point is, it's not just Tesla.

It's definitely not just Tesla. Really felt the price hikes in almost everything during spring break. From car rentals to Airbnb to Thai massages. And on top of price hikes, there were low availabilities too.

In Tesla's defense, their operations have become very efficient.

Tesla had lower operating expenses in Q1 than Rivian posted in Q4, despite 375X higher revenue.

Revenues:
TSLA - $18.8B
RIVN - $0.05B

Operating Expenses:
TSLA - $1.9B
RIVN -$2.1B

Some people still think of Tesla as a semi startup due to low # of total cars delivered. But vs a real startup like Rivian, you can see how efficient Tesla has become.

Much like Tesla, I'm the only game in town that actually has product.

You gotta pay me if you want your goods in a timely manner.
With Shanghai locked down and Beijing testing massively....I foresee higher prices.

Maybe Jerome can cause a recession to cool inflation.  My warehouse is only 30% full.

My customers are treating current times like back when Costco had no TP inventory.
They are stocking up bigly.

Kenkoko said:
Some people still think of Tesla as a semi startup due to low # of total cars delivered. But vs a real startup like Rivian, you can see how efficient Tesla has become.

For sure... morekaos is the one still having doubts. :)

zubs said:
Much like Tesla, I'm the only game in town that actually has product.

You gotta pay me if you want your goods in a timely manner.

I get this... and like Tesla, it's the consumers who have to decide to pay or not.

But for goods that are necessary items like gas, food, etc... this needs to be tempered. But like Irvine home prices... people just keep paying.

They are stocking up bigly.

I just wanted to quote this because we know where funny things like this comes from.

And now the best of all worlds STAGFLATION!!...And this is the brain trust in charge?  Wrong in the past, unfortunately will be wrong in dealing with it too...

See If You Can Follow Yellen?s Bouncing Inflation Ball

Let?s look at what Yellen has claimed about inflation since early last year and the actual results.

February 2021: ?I?ve spent many years studying inflation and worrying about inflation, and I can tell you, we have the tools to deal with that risk if it materializes.?
March 2021: ?I don?t think it?s a significant risk. And if it materializes, we?ll certainly monitor for it, but we have tools to address it.?
May 2021: ?I don?t think there?s going to be an inflationary problem, but if there is, the Fed can be counted on.?
June 2021: ?Supply bottlenecks have developed that have caused inflation. I believe that they?re transitory, but that doesn?t mean they?ll go away over the next several months.?
October 2021: ?I don?t think we?re about to lose control of inflation.?
November 2021: ?If we want to get inflation down, I think continuing to make progress against the pandemic is the most important thing we can do.?
January 2022: ?If we?re successful in controlling the pandemic, I expect inflation to diminish over the course of the year and hopefully revert to normal levels by the end of the year around 2%.?
February 2022: ?I think people heard ?transitory,? and to them it meant a couple of months. Maybe a better word could have been chosen.?
March 2022: ?We?re likely to see another year in which 12-month inflation numbers remain very uncomfortably high.?

Keep in mind who we are talking about here. Yellen has a sterling resume. A doctorate in economics from Yale. Professorships at Harvard and the University of California, Berkeley. On the faculty of the London School of Economics. President of the Western Economic Association and vice president of the American Economic Association. Head of the Council of Economic Advisors under President Bill Clinton. President of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve.
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/04/27/see-if-you-can-follow-yellens-bouncing-inflation-ball/

Their policy causing "unintended consequences" in trying to "avoid" an economic downturn caused by those very policies...its a circle jerk of idiots...and yet she still is in charge...astonishing...

Janet Yellen Admits Biden?s Spending ?Did Feed? Inflation

President Joe Biden?s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan did contribute to inflation, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen conceded on Wednesday.

Speaking in an interview with Matt Murray, editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, the former head of the Federal Reserve admitted that the White House?s enormous spending had played a role in today?s inflationary environment, adding that it was ?justified? due to the various economic risks.

?So, look, inflation is a matter of demand and supply, and the spending that was undertaken in the American Rescue Plan did feed demand,? she said.

She added that today?s 40-year high inflation was an unintended consequence of the Biden administration attempting to avoid a sharp economic downturn and facilitate full employment.
https://www.nationandstate.com/2022/05/05/janet-yellen-admits-bidens-spending-did-feed-inflation/

...in relation to these countries?  They are and have always been "S**t-holes" (certainly relative to inflation)...who cares? ;D ;D >:D

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Inflation Rates (Trading Economics Jan 2022)

Venezuela ? 1198.0%
Sudan ? 340.0%
Lebanon ? 201.0%
Syria ? 139.0%
Suriname ? 63.3%
Zimbabwe ? 60.7%
Argentina ? 51.2%
Turkey ? 36.1%
Iran ? 35.2%
Ethiopia ? 33.0%

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Oh yeah... you don't care about people dying in an unnecessary war either.

My bad.

Iraq anybody?

You tried this tactic already... different situation... but still... no one really wanted that one either.

Are you going to bring up WWI and WWII next? What about the Civil War? Or the colonization of America? How about when the Vikings invaded England.

Or when Grog was mad at Loka for taking his fire away?

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Oh yeah... you don't care about people dying in an unnecessary war either.

My bad.

Iraq anybody?

You tried this tactic already... different situation... but still... no one really wanted that one either.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in real time lots of people were itching for revenge over 9/11.  It didn't matter that Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks.  That's why even many Democrats voted in favor of the war.  It was seen as "unpatriotic" to vote against it.  Hillary, Kerry, Biden all voted in favor.

Who are you, Keira Knightly?

That's the point.

You would think people would have learned from our mistakes... what were the reasons Putin stated for invading Ukraine? He's not claiming false WMD intel, is he looking for revenge... or maybe he is being patriotic?

Stop cherry picking and living in the past... I was talking about inflation and how the US compares to the rest of the world, but morekaos doesn't seem to think the rest of the world matters.

irvinehomeowner said:

That's the point.

You would think people would have learned from our mistakes... what were the reasons Putin stated for invading Ukraine? He's not claiming false WMD intel, is he looking for revenge... or maybe he is being patriotic?

Stop cherry picking and living in the past... I was talking about inflation and how the US compares to the rest of the world, but morekaos doesn't seem to think the rest of the world matters.

Cherry picking = inconvenient information for IHO, CalBears, other Irvine housing bulls

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

That's the point.

Cherry picking = inconvenient information for IHO, CalBears, other Irvine housing bulls false data point for LIAR LIAR Loan to prove his incorrect predictions

Fixed that for you.

Back