INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

Smoke, Mirrors and feel good sloganeering (unicorns and rainbows)... ;D ;D >:D

Reporter Asks General Motors CEO Where The Charging Electricity Comes From For Their New Chevy Volt ? Her Answer Is Hilarious

During an unveiling of the new Chevy Volt, Zimmerman demonstrated for the media how the supposedly ?green? vehicle is simply plugged into a power source for energy. And this power source, at least in Michigan, is mostly (95%) burned coal.

While some areas of the country are heavy on nuclear and hydro power sources, the fact remains that coal is still what powers America. Consequently, electric vehicles are nothing more than greenwashed virtue signaling tools to make climate fanatics feel as though they are better than everybody else.
https://www.usasupreme.com/video-re...their-new-chevy-volt-her-answer-is-hilarious/

My previous post said that the $350/month in gas savings was a major contributor to picking EV.
Feeling good about cleaner air was just an extra. 

Everyone follows their wallet.  Stop generalizing electric car buyers as wanting to save the world. 
Saving the world ranks way lower than cold hard cash.

https://news.yahoo.com/gas-prices-surge-again-record-090034707.html

?Increasing crude oil supply does little to solve the global shortage of refining capacity,? Natasha Kaneva, JPMorgan head of global commodities, said.

Why is there a shortage of refining capacity?
When COVID-19 struck and world economies closed, demand plunged for oil and gas, so many companies closed their plants. Others were hit by bad weather. Some companies stopped investing in refineries because of uncertainty over how the transition to green energy would affect their business. When Russia invaded Ukraine, more refineries in Russia were taken offline.

morekaos said:
Smoke, Mirrors and feel good sloganeering (unicorns and rainbows)... ;D ;D >:D

Reporter Asks General Motors CEO Where The Charging Electricity Comes From For Their New Chevy Volt ? Her Answer Is Hilarious

During an unveiling of the new Chevy Volt, Zimmerman demonstrated for the media how the supposedly ?green? vehicle is simply plugged into a power source for energy. And this power source, at least in Michigan, is mostly (95%) burned coal.

While some areas of the country are heavy on nuclear and hydro power sources, the fact remains that coal is still what powers America. Consequently, electric vehicles are nothing more than greenwashed virtue signaling tools to make climate fanatics feel as though they are better than everybody else.
https://www.usasupreme.com/video-re...their-new-chevy-volt-her-answer-is-hilarious/

Fossil fuel power plants produce about 75% less CO2 per MPGe than internal combustion engines.

It?s those pesky regulations. Smokestack scrubbers, etc.

morekaos said:
Flood supply and prices will fall...it doesn't get more basic than that.

Without consideration for ramifications... sure... but you also said "Do what is right for everybody" and that definitely does not mean "drill everywhere".

Your comments really seem science oblivious.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Without consideration for ramifications... sure... but you also said "Do what is right for everybody" and that definitely does not mean "drill everywhere".

That might be true if you believe in global warming?that it?s man made?and it is preventable or can be stopped?I don?t.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

That might be true if you believe in global warming?that it?s man made?and it is preventable or can be stopped?I don?t.

IHO - do you realize the US leads the world in emissions reductions? We are the greenest country on the planet and can withstand much more fossil fuel use without seriously damaging the environment than any other industrialized nation. And we have the cleanest burning coal in the world, a 300 year supply. Solar is for rich guys like us, not your gardener who is doomed to suffer from high inflation driven by the green energy lobby. Drill for him.

OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

IHO - do you realize the US leads the world in emissions reductions? We are the greenest country on the planet and can withstand much more fossil fuel use without seriously damaging the environment than any other industrialized nation. And we have the cleanest burning coal in the world, a 300 year supply. Solar is for rich guys like us, not your gardener who is doomed to suffer from high inflation driven by the green energy lobby. Drill for him.

No.  Pay him a decent wage. 

OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Unicorns and Rainbows...for the rich...

Joe Biden's 'Green Energy' Dreams: Enriching Friends, Crushing the Working Class

The EPA cannot make anything cost less. It can take money from poorer people and give it to richer people in the form of subsidies for EVs. It can make normal cars much, much more costly. Climate hysterics in the government know this and simply won?t admit it.

As high interest rates and inflation, along with pushback against ESG investing, curtail investment in higher-risk projects, Granholm and others know that they must increase the suffering of the average American via policy to push more money into the pockets of their friends in the ?green? energy sector. Take, for example, the recent interaction between Senator John Barasso (R-Wyo.) and Interior Secretary Deb Haaland. Sen. Barasso pressed Haaland to admit that gasoline prices were too high and Haaland adamantly refused. Instead, she deflected.

As the Biden administration begs OPEC dictators to sell us more oil, they increasingly put us in the path of disaster. Western Europe used policy to destroy its own energy independence and relied on Russia for oil and gas. Now that decision has come back to bite them. Producer price inflation in Germany topped 30% in March, a level not seen since the 1940s. We won?t be far behind them if Biden?s anti-oil-production policies continue. Even the far left admits the so-called green dream will cost in excess of 10 trillion dollars. What will our inflation rate be like when they print all that money?

An even more extreme example is Sri Lanka. The government, filled with environmental-religious zeal, banned the use of chemical fertilizers in 2021. As a result, production of rice fell 20%. As the agriculture sector collapsed, the government ran out of foreign currencies and could no longer import gasoline and other essentials. The country fell into disorder and over 200 protesters were killed by the military.
https://www.realclearenergy.org/art...riends_crushing_the_working_class_836339.html

we're headed for being Germany - that PPI figure is mind boggling. Can't get Trump back in office, or an acolyte, fast enough.

The CA election returns and Biden's polling indicate the era of public support for progressive policies is over.

nosuchreality said:
OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

No.  Pay him a decent wage. 

That shoveled more dirt on the grave.  Paying that kid $15 bucks to scoop my iced cream or flip my burger had effects all the way up the labor wage line and is a mighty contributor to the inflation spiral we find ourselves in.  Basic Econ 101 but the fools in DC just keep shovelings.  Change is a comin...we are going to enter the Reagan years again but getting there will not be fun (Carter years)
https://youtu.be/dDpQmCGjEPc

morekaos said:
[size=12pt]That shoveled more dirt on the grave.  Paying that kid $15 bucks to scoop my iced cream or flip my burger had effects all the way up the labor wage line and is a mighty contributor to the inflation spiral we find ourselves in.  Basic Econ 101 but the fools in DC just keep shovelings.  Change is a comin...

I expect at a certain point, automation will be adopted more

Fuel and Labor costs...Econ 101...

Food prices set to soar even MORE: Kraft, Tyson and McDonald's owners say higher fuel, labor and ingredient costs will be passed on to customers
Executives at companies like Kraft Heinz, Tyson Foods and McDonald's have announced they will continue to raise prices
The executives say they are passing the high costs of fuel, staff shortages and increased costs of grains on to consumers
The Labor Department reported on Friday that grocery prices were up 11.9% last month, while food away from home increased 7.4%
Now, many Americans are changing their consumption behaviors - buying cheaper brands, and eating out less
Companies are trying to keep customers with deals as they raise the prices
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...owners-say-higher-costs-passed-customers.html

irvinehomeowner said:
Let's use the morekaos solution... drill for more food... or look to Texas. :)

Paying farmers not to grow food does have its consequences.  There are all sorts of backwards incentives built into the agriculture industry.

Another inflation loop to consider. Later this year the 2023 Cost Of Living (COLA) for benefits like SSI are going to be recalculated. I've read that some expect these benefits to rise between 8 and 11 percent. Imagine what that will do to SSI and other Benefits compared to the inflow of funds needed to fund these programs.

"May we live in interesting times" seems more like a curse today than a charming aphorism.

My.002c

Its not just the Cola adjustments, wait till the interest rates on Treasury bills, bonds and notes rise more.  The governments ability to fund its debt will become panful.

morekaos said:
Inflation is about to explode?now that this (Nobel prize winning) fool says it won?t?. ;D ;D >:D

Paul Krugman: Inflation is about to come down

The inflation report for March came in hot, as expected: Consumer prices are up 8.5 percent over the past year. But more than two years into the pandemic, we?re still living on COVID time, where things can change very fast ? so fast that official data, even about the recent past, can give a misleading picture of what?s happening now.

In this case, the consumer price index ? which roughly speaking measures average prices over the month ? probably missed a downward turn that began in late March and is accelerating as you read this. Inflation will probably fall significantly over the next few months.
https://www.berkshireeagle.com/opin...cle_e873cfea-ba9f-11ec-b933-9baed88e0d60.html

Why does anyone even listen to these morons?  Spot on Paul!...

Wait. Didn?t The ?Experts? Tell Us Inflation Had Peaked Months Ago?

Bank of America analysts said inflation has ?likely peaked.? So did Reuters. Forbes reported that consumer inflation likely peaked in March. Our alma mater, Investor?s Business Daily, was part of the ?inflation has peaked? chorus. The New York Times ran a story on April 13 headlined: ?Has U.S. Inflation Peaked??

Here are some of the other headlines from that month:

Why inflation may have already peaked
Inflation Will Fall Soon, Economists Say
3 Signs Inflation May Have Peaked and Prices Could Come Back Down
Top investment banks are calling peak inflation after a red-hot report. Here?s why they think consumer prices are set to cool
Inflation at its peak | UBS United States of America
CPI Inflation Rate Surges To 8.5%, But May Be ?The Peak?
4 Reasons Why the US Could Be Past Peak Inflation
And here are some of the quotes from the ?experts?:

Pantheon chief economist Ian Shepherdson: ?Core inflation has peaked, and this is the start of a run of bigger declines,? pointing out that softening vehicle prices could help usher in a ?significant moderation? in inflation in the coming months.
Nationwide senior economist Ben Ayers: ?Consumer inflation likely peaked in March as the Russian invasion caused a sharp spike in food and energy costs.?
Beth Ann Bovino, chief U.S. economist for S&P Global Ratings: ?This is likely near or at the top of the price gains.?
Moody?s Analytics chief economist, Mark Zandi: ?It feels like we?re topping out.?.
Ryan Detrick, chief market strategist for LPL Financial: thinks it?s likely that inflation has already reached a peak on its own, and that the Fed could start to pull back on interest rates by the second half of the year.
Analysts at UBS: expect inflation will likely peak in March and then fall ?sharply.?
Rick Rieder, chief investment officer of global fixed income at BlackRock: The economy could be past peak inflation rates as some supply chain constraints have eased and demand has declined, said. Both core consumer price index (CPI) and personal consumption expenditures (PCE), which excludes food and energy inflation, peaked in March and February and should ?move appreciably lower by the end of 2022,? Rieder wrote.
Of course, who can forget what our favorite ?economist,? Paul Krugman, wrote in April: ?inflation will probably fall significantly over the next few months.?
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/06/13/as-inflation-keeps-climbing-these-experts-owe-you-an-apology/

Is anyone but CalBruin or USC purchasing right now? I personally pulled back from levering up to get a unicorn property months ago based on how I read the tea leaves but I?m conservative by nature and support a family on my earnings and am well into a 1.99 15 yr. My equity portfolio seems to have priced in the looming stagflation but I feel that pain is still to come in residential real estate pricing, and given none of us have lived the bursting of a 40 yr bond bubble I fear the decline will be slow and long.

Back