ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
This article really tied the room together…😂😂😂🦄🌈

Tale of two car giants: Ford loses $47,000 per EV sold as electric bet backfires - while gas hybrid pioneer Toyota is set to enjoy record profits

· Ford's electric vehicle division reported record losses in the fourth quarter

· Its CEO Jim Farley indicated 'hybrids will play an increasingly important role'

· Toyota, a historic advocate of hybrids, is set to record its highest profits ever

IMG_1782.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmoney/cars/article-13056613/Ford-EV-Toyota-record-profits.html

Like I said…Toyota has this more figured out than the others….build things people want…not what the government tells you to….🙄😂😂😂🦄🌈

The world’s top carmaker got mocked for rejecting EV hype—not anymore. ‘I want to congratulate Toyota’

Toyota was skeptical of electric vehicles back when that wasn’t fashionable. In October 2022, for instance, then-CEO Akio Toyoda said that EVs “are just going to take longer than the media would like us to believe.” As other big carmakers made bold proclamations about when they go all electric, Toyota refused to play along, vowing instead to keep offering a wide array of powertrains and letting consumers decide for themselves.

“That’s our strategy and we’re sticking to it,” he insisted, vowing to focus on hybrids, which this carmaker pioneered with the release of the Prius in Japan in 1997, and three years later in the U.S. Since then, the Japanese giant has steadily increased its hybrid offerings.

Toyota’s stance was not a good look at the time—and it didn’t go over well.

“Toyota is not correctly responding to calls from the market to take a lead in electric vehicles,” Satoru Aoyama, senior director at Fitch Ratings, told the Financial Times, warning the carmaker could “lose investor confidence.”

Environmentalists were none too pleased, either. “The fact is: a hybrid today is not green technology,” blogged Katherine Garcia, director of the Sierra Club’s Clean Transportation For All campaign. “The Prius hybrid runs on a pollution-emitting combustion engine found in any gas-powered car…Rather than invest in EVs, though, Toyota is putting corporate profits and the status quo over tackling the climate crisis.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...31&cvid=51419e619a50456ea632545866c9dbb4&ei=3

We lead the way!!! Right?...😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️🦄🌈
First EV sales decline in a decade; hiccup or lasting trend?

California has been at the forefront of a booming electric vehicle market, but recent trends show signs of fatigue. EV sales significantly declined in the latter half of 2023 for the first time in over a decade.

Sales of all-electric cars and light trucks surged at the start of 2023, showing a 48% increase in the first half of the year compared with a year earlier. By that time, California alone contributed over a quarter of the nation’s EV sales — roughly 190,807 units.

In the third quarter, EV sales in California experienced their first quarterly drop since 2012. Additionally, fourth-quarter sales declined by 10.2%, falling from 100,151 to 89,933 units.

Even the popular Tesla is reporting a 10% decline in sales in the final quarter of last year.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...tial-california-ev-sales-essential-california

In before morekaos... Fisker not looking good:

Other than Tesla and Rivian... not sure what other pure EV is going to make it... I'm not too sure about Lucid either.

…. and fantasy crashes into economic reality, just like I said it would…. massive waste of taxpayer money in the foolish pursuit of unicorns and rainbows…🤦🏽‍♂️😡😂😂😂🌈🦄

Biden Administration Is Said to Slow Early Stage of Shift to Electric Cars​

The change to planned rules was an election-year concession to labor unions and auto executives, according to people familiar with the plan.

stupid policy isn’t just stupid. It really affects peoples lives….😡😡🦄🌈

America's EV boom goes bust! Lithium and nickel producers begin mass layoffs and pause multi-billion-dollar projects as US says no to electric car push​

• Lithium mines have closed and employees are laid off as demands for EVs drop
  • More Americans turned to hybrid vehicles last year than EVs
  • READ MORE: Demand for EVs continues to decline

I have seen more Lucid vehicles on the road recently. Must be cheap leases?

It will be interesting to see Rivian's R2 roll out early next month. If they keep the price near to the Model 3 and/or the newly reduced price of the Ford Mach-E they might be able to survive.

I've noticed something interesting... seems like used EV pricing is tanking. While morekaos may be happy to hear this... it might also be a good opportunity to pick up those "$100k EVs" for pennies on the dollar.

Ford also cutting prices on their Mach-E and Lightnings... bleeding gonna bleed.

The reasons for the collapse in the secondary EV markets are all bad. Over supply, battery replacement costs, lack of demand. And lease cars are proving to be horrible investments for the lease companies, there’s no recovery cost for them at the back end of the deal. It’s a lose lose. Just further proof that that market was artificial, wasteful and not ready for prime time….doomed!🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

I've noticed something interesting... seems like used EV pricing is tanking. While morekaos may be happy to hear this... it might also be a good opportunity to pick up those "$100k EVs" for pennies on the dollar.

Ford also cutting prices on their Mach-E and Lightnings... bleeding gonna bleed.

Luxury EVs are tanking, but in general all the luxury 100k+ models get hit with depreciation even ICE, only the hard to get/rare cars go up in price.

Doomed!!!😂😂😂🦄🌈💩
Is Britain facing an EV car finance bombshell? How electric car owners who take out PCP loans risk paying far MORE than vehicle is worth due to collapse of second-hand market

Bahahaha…green new deal is a job creating jaugernaught!!!😂😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️💩🦄🌈

Rivian stock falls as EV maker reports fourth-quarter results, announces 10% job cuts​

Rivian said on Wednesday it would cut its workforce by 10% and forecast EV production this year that widely missed estimates, hurt by downtime for factory upgrades and slowing demand for electric vehicles due to high interest rates.

Shares of the company tumbled about 17% in extended trading after Rivian said it expects to produce 57,000 vehicles in 2024, well below estimates of 81,700 units, according to eight analysts polled by Visible Alpha. It produced 57,232 vehicles last year.

IMG_1838.jpeg

Do more than rely on the end of an article…Mr McNally had a similar recommendation and price targets in November 2022 at $32 a share…It quickly collapsed to $13.00…do your research…most of these analysts are putzes who buy into the …🦄🌈🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Evercore ISI Starts Rivian Automotive at In Line With $35 Price Target

November 30, 2022
at 07:38 am EST

Evercore ISI analyst Chris McNally initiates coverage on Rivian Automotive Inc ...View attachment 9234
Remember this…like I said, price targets like leasing are for suckers!!😂😂😂🦄🌈💩

I think I've already lapped you multiple times just with TSLA.

Here's a question you won't answer... when RIVN hit $14.40 on March 30 (your post in this thread), and someone asked you if you should buy... would have said no? Even on June 8 (your other post) when it was below $14? And we already know that you don't recommend TSLA, so when it was at $100 in December, you would have passed?

Scoreboard? Currently RIVN is at $24 and TSLA is $242... you can do the math. See... I can go back in time too but I based these on your posts.

That's your reverse moremidas touch... you say something is doomed and then it goes up... nice job.

I'll give you everything else, but there are just certain sectors (mostly tech and science) that you lack knowledge in.
Now do you understand why? TM and Race have lapped these dogs several times😂🌈😂

Last edited:
This is the strongest EV company after Tesla? There is talk now that they don’t have enough liquidity to last past the end of ‘24 without a significant capital raise.🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

IMG_1846.jpeg

More good news for morekaos:

But not doom. Most drivers of an EV will tell you it's better than driving an ICE.
🤦🏽‍♂️So now that CNN is forced to admit it it’s legitimate? This is what I have been saying all along. The knee jerk jump into EV nirvana was doomed. And the massive waste of our tax money promoting it is what infuriated me the most😡😡💸 It was obvious from the start. Now after wasting billions of our money chasing 🦄🌈 the market will dictate wether the product survives….as it should.

More fails….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Volvo falls 5% after it sets out to dilute stake in electric vehicle maker Polestar

· Shares of Volvo Cars fell on Friday after the company said it would dilute its stake in electric vehicle maker Polestar by distributing 62.7% of its holdings to its shareholders.

· The announcement comes after Volvo Cars said earlier this month that it would stop funding ailing brand Polestar and is considering adjusting its holdings in the electrical vehicle maker.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/23/vol...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Back