ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Here is my experience after owning Tesla Y for 2 years.
~My monthly gas bill for my old ICE car was around $400/month so about $4,800 annually
~I had to pay $1,000 more annually in electricity bill due to Tesla charging @Home (I have solar panels)
~Insurance on old ICE car is $800/year
~Insurance on Tesla Y is $1,700/year

4,800 - $1,000 + $800 - $1,700 = $2,900 savings per year on Tesla Y.

I also have to change the tires on Tesla more but it's negligible if you accelerate slowly. I'd give it another -$300 per year estimated.
Savings around $2600/year.

There's also no gas stations or oil change downtime so that may be a +$200/year....
Back to $2,800 savings you go.

I plan to drive it 10 years so we shall see if I can get it there.
I'll update in 2032.

….and initial purchase price or financing costs and interest interest rates over an ICE needs to be added.

not really - in fact my M3P was much cheaper than the 911 I previously wanted before succumbing to the lure of quiet performance

Again, that’s great for you. But we’re talking about mass acceptance and adoption, we’re not talking about Porsches, we’re talking about Fords and Chevys and Toyotas.🤷🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

I already posted about the $25k Tesla Model 2 (that morekaos will think is $50k) and other mfrs are coming out with lower cost EVs too. Even Rivian is putting their focus on a lower priced R2S.

Drill Unicorn Drill!

For morekaos:

I've been thinking about their reluctance and it makes sense:

1. EV direct sales hurts their business
2. Less maintenance, less recurring revenue
3. Margins might be smaller on EVs than ICE
4. Usually more sophisticated buyer so they can't dupe... and if it's a less sophisticated one, it's a support headache

:)

or the simple answer, they don’t make sense and forcing them is a giant waste of time and money…what I have been saying all along. Let the market bring them naturally, if that is what the public wants.

How did Tesla become one of the top selling car makers if all their cars cost over $100k and they didn't have Fed subsidies for years?

You are contradicting yourself.

Toyota sold 10 million cars last year. That is significant. Ford sold 2 million, GM sold 2.6 million each sold more vehicles🤷🏽‍♂️

This reminds me of 2007-2008 when the rally cry on Bond desks was “dump it on Düsseldorf!!” when an issuer was junk. These days it’s “dump it on China!!”, they’re dumb enough to ride it into the ground!😂😂😂👍🏽🇺🇸

Volvo shares jump 26% on higher sales, plans to stop Polestar funding

• The group announced that it may hand stewardship of ailing luxury car brand Polestar over to majority Volvo shareholder Geely Holding.
  • Volvo Cars CEO Jim Rowan told CNBC’s Silvia Amaro on Thursday that this was a “natural evolution” in the relationship between the two carmakers.
The group announced it may hand stewardship of ailing luxury car brand Polestar over to majority Volvo shareholder, China’s Geely Holding, which has a 78.65% stake in the company, according to LSEG data.

and that probably will be the peak by the companies owned admission…😂😂😂🦄🌈

· Vehicle volume growth in 2024 “may be notably lower” than last year’s growth rate, the company warned.

This article was interesting because of the morekaos' misinformation machine. It shows sales data for non-Tesla EVs and despite slowing demand, Ford and GM still did pretty well in 2023, in fact, they were at the top EV sales chart:

1706894292932.png

Percentage of their EV sales vs the brand's total sales confirms what I posted earlier, the luxury brands (the more expensive ones that morekaos says are too high priced to sell) are doing the best:

1706894457435.png

And... remember that most of the non-US brands don't qualify for Fed credits so it's surprising they are able to move a larger percentage of EVs than the domestic brands.

So it's not just subsidies that sell EVs... people actually want them.

keep putting lipstick on that pig, someone’s gonna kiss it. 2024 sales are going to be a disaster. You can mark my words on that.😂😂😂🦄🌈

This is going as planned…right?🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Ford’s Model e electric vehicle unit posted a $1.57 billion loss from October through December, more than doubling a loss of $631 million during the fourth quarter of 2022.

Edsel Ford augers the company into the ground in the vein persuit of unicorns and rainbow glory. Shareholders are not amused….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Ford is reassessing its EV plans, including vertical battery integration​

• Ford is rethinking its electric vehicle strategies, CEO Jim Farley said Tuesday.
  • The Detroit automaker previously confirmed plans to delay or cut $12 billion in spending on all-electric vehicles.
  • Farley reiterated the company still believes EVs will grow, but noted widespread adoption for mass-market consumers won’t happen until the costs are more in line with traditional vehicles.

Back