ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Now this is a great use of technology…😆😆😆

Ford patents self-driving car that repossesses itself if the owner fails to keep up with payments – and drives itself back to the showroom or scrapyard

· Ford's new patent describes self-driving cars that repossess themselves

· A computer tells the car to drive back to the showroom if payments aren't made

Ford is not taking any chances with owners missing car payments - the company is working on a system that prompts the vehicle to repossess itself.

A newly awarded patent describes a car self-driving back to the showroom or a scrapyard if the owner does not answer messages about their delinquent account.

The American carmaker would start the process by disabling 'comfort features,' playing noises inside the car and limiting where the vehicle can drive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ing-car-repossesses-owner-fails-payments.html

We will produce and use fossil fuels long into the future…including COAL….Drill and dig baby…Drill and dig!!.. China certainly could care less, for that matter India too…why should we?

U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Set To Hit Record Highs In 2023

By Tsvetana Paraskova

· Fossil fuel production in the United States is set to hit record levels in 2023 due to increased efficiency and higher prices

· The combined production of coal, natural gas, and oil rose in 2021 following a decline the year before

· While coal production did fall in 2021, it is expected to grow again in both 2022 and 2023

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-... only,2022 and another 5 percent rise in 2023.

China approved equivalent of two new coal plants a week in 2022, report finds

China is surging ahead with coal, a new report shows, rapidly approving and building new power plants despite its own promises to cut back on carbon as the world plunges ever deeper into the climate crisis.

Last year, the country approved the highest number of new coal-fired power plants since 2015, according to the report, released Monday by the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) and the Global Energy Monitor (GEM).

“China continues to be the glaring exception to the ongoing global decline in coal plant development,” said Flora Champenois, a research analyst at GEM.

“The speed at which projects progressed through permitting to construction in 2022 was extraordinary, with many projects sprouting up, gaining permits, obtaining financing and breaking ground apparently in a matter of months,” she added.

China’s emissions are more than double those of the United States, and though the country’s leaders have previously vowed to cut back on carbon, its reliance on coal poses a significant challenge.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...lants-a-week-in-2022-report-finds/ar-AA17YHjM

Doomed!…🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

Lordstown Motors says it still has $220 million in cash as it grapples with production issues and an EV pivot

· Lordstown Motors said Monday that it still has over $220 million in cash.

· It delivered just six Endurance EV pickups to customers before halting production last month.

· Lordstown is working with contract-manufacturer Foxconn on a new electric vehicle program.

Doomed!…🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

Lordstown Motors says it still has $220 million in cash as it grapples with production issues and an EV pivot

· Lordstown Motors said Monday that it still has over $220 million in cash.

· It delivered just six Endurance EV pickups to customers before halting production last month.

· Lordstown is working with contract-manufacturer Foxconn on a new electric vehicle program.

I recall there was a photo op with President Trump on Lordstown Motors with its Made in the USA message but the company is essentially owned by a foreign company FoxConn now..how things have changed.

How is the 3rd party charger experience?

I haven't used the Level 3 chargers yet, just my WallBox Level 2 charger at home during my super off peak times while my solar is producing power. I'll try charging at one of the EA stations in Irvine next week.

If you're doing a road trip, Tesla has a huge advantage. I've seen multiple online reviews of broken 3rd party chargers, slow charging, or not enough chargers in the right places.

If you're doing a road trip, Tesla has a huge advantage. I've seen multiple online reviews of broken 3rd party chargers, slow charging, or not enough chargers in the right places.

That's what I've heard too but I've already read that Tesla will be opening up their charging network to non-Tesla cars this year. But yeah, there haven't been good reviews of EA charging stations.

That's what I've heard too but I've already read that Tesla will be opening up their charging network to non-Tesla cars this year. But yeah, there haven't been good reviews of EA charging stations.

Curious to hear your experience. The Taycan is beautiful but at 3x the price of a Model 3 Performance I never see them on the freeway up here or on long drives to Napa/Pebble Beach etc, just sparsely around town. And what’s interesting is the numerous 3rd party charging stations between my house and the Supercharger are empty 95% of the time while the SC is usually at least 30% full. I guess everyone here is afraid of the broken 3rd party charger boogeyman.

The only guy at my golf club who has one is a weird chiropractor that plays slow and uses a belly putter 😝

Curious to hear your experience. The Taycan is beautiful but at 3x the price of a Model 3 Performance I never see them on the freeway up here or on long drives to Napa/Pebble Beach etc, just sparsely around town. And what’s interesting is the numerous 3rd party charging stations between my house and the Supercharger are empty 95% of the time while the SC is usually at least 30% full. I guess everyone here is afraid of the broken 3rd party charger boogeyman.

The only guy at my golf club who has one is a weird chiropractor that plays slow and uses a belly putter 😝
It’s annoying both for Tesla owners and non Tesla owners. But it is really innovative and clever the way Tesla locks the adapter when you pull after you enter the charger number in the app.

Watch Marques video to understand the many reasons why it annoys both parties, he does a good job explaining:

Doomed!...

Vietnamese EV maker VinFast remains optimistic despite challenging entry to U.S. auto market

· Vietnamese EV maker VinFast has been attempting to crack the U.S. market amid tough competition and softening demand.

· “We still have a lot to prove. It’s a lot ahead of us,” CEO Le Thi Thu Thuy said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box Asia.”

· VinFast’s issues include software problems and its vehicles being ineligible for certain tax benefits in the U.S.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/08/vie...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Remember when @morekaos posted that misleading video about the Lightning towing range which the author apologized for? Looks like the Lightning is actually getting more people to do "truck" things with their EV truck vs their ICE trucks:

Here are a few of the key insights highlighted in the survey data:

• 74% of Lightning owners use the truck once a month for home projects like landscaping, renovations, and more, compared to just 51% of ICE owners that reported doing the same.
  • 48% of Lightning owners go camping once a month, including storing bikes, camping equipment, kayaks, etc., compared to 40% of gas-powered truck drivers.
  • Over 50% of Lightning buyers are coming from a non-truck vehicle, while that number is around 33% for the F-150.
  • 27% of Lightning buyers use the electric truck for home projects versus 14% of ICE buyers.
[...]
Ford’s new data dispels the idea that electric trucks are less capable than their gas-powered peers. As Lightning drivers are proving, EVs can do just as much and more as their gas-powered peers, and their owners are putting them up to the task.

I think part of that is owed to the ease of driving, less gas usage and the frunk. The frunk alone makes EV trucks more versatile in that you can store stuff securely without needing a lockable tonneau cover.

And about that towing... see a need, fill a need... Lightship has created an electrified RV trailer that not only helps EV towing range but ICE towing range with its own electric drivetrain:

At first I thought it just had extra batteries that the EV can charge from but having its own drivetrain makes it usable for ICE trucks... but I could see versions that are just battery only and has solar panels (like having an extra power bank for your phone).

‘Pfft, can't coal roll elitest bicyclists like a real man in a foofoo LoaferLightning
Remember when @morekaos posted that misleading video about the Lightning towing range which the author apologized for? Looks like the Lightning is actually getting more people to do "truck" things with their EV truck vs their ICE trucks:

I think part of that is owed to the ease of driving, less gas usage and the frunk. The frunk alone makes EV trucks more versatile in that you can store stuff securely without needing a lockable tonneau cover.

And about that towing... see a need, fill a need... Lightship has created an electrified RV trailer that not only helps EV towing range but ICE towing range with its own electric drivetrain:

At first I thought it just had extra batteries that the EV can charge from but having its own drivetrain makes it usable for ICE trucks... but I could see versions that are just battery only and has solar panels (like having an extra power bank for your phone).

Back