ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
I was very much against that... GM was a union bailout.. Chrysler bailed out a foreign company. They should have been allowed to reorganize like Unoted AirInes did. Another Total waste of taxpayer money.
So it has nothing to do with EVs... guvment cheese gonna guvment cheese.

Anyone here own an MB EQE SUV? Starting to take a liking to these, but would like to get some feedback from owners on how they like it so far.

That reads like an OpEd... but how would you know? :)

@aquabliss: You can negotiate some major price reductions on the EQE/EQS line as they are growing in inventory. They are nice cars but there is some concern about the software/ battery/coolant like many other EVs. 1st/2nd year EVs always have the most growing pains... I would lease one instead of buying until they get the kinks out.

Keep shooting the messenger…even though the message is the same no matter who says it….UPI ok for you?….🤷🏽‍♂️🙄
The layoffs will cut across all three divisions of the company including Ford Blue, the traditional internal combustion engine division; Model e, Ford's electric vehicle unit; and Ford Pro, the company's fleet service operations.

Aren't like a lot of companies cutting their workforce right now?

Is this all you can find to try to convince yourself the future is not already here?

Economy gonna economy.

You are confusing macro with micro economics. Your contention is the EV industry is so explosive and new it will continue to grow, regardless of the overall economy. It won’t. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Economics will economic though….
Volkswagen scales back EV production
Works council head cites “strong customer reluctance”
While the production of combustion-engine models, including the Volkswagen Passat, continues unchanged, the factory holidays for electric vehicle line workers have been extended
Wulff indicates demand for electric vehicles is up to 30% below originally planned production figures.

“We are experiencing strong customer reluctance in the electric vehicle sector,” he told the North West newspaper.

You are confusing macro with micro economics. Your contention is the EV industry is so explosive and new it will continue to grow, regardless of the overall economy. It won’t. 🤷🏽‍♂️
My opinion:

You need to specify timeframe, because you’re on the wrong end of the timeline.

I’m looking at EV as a % of total sales, that’s increasing unless you can show otherwise. That’s the EV growth trend, up, cannibalizing ICE sales. Just look at all the pipeline from all the major manufacturers. Including Ferrari.

At some point the growth (EV as a %) will slow, (your point of contention), sure, but that’s going to be far down the line, many years from now (most likely when you’re finally able to leave Cali), haha

The total sales (either now or later) obviously can go down if the macro economy is in the shitter which is what you like to post now and infer it’s all due to EV transition.

Show me where I said that? Now you are pulling a LiarLoan.

What I did say is it's growing faster than YOU think (which is 0% based on your numerous stick in the mud posts).

Why would I ignore the economy like you just did?

Hypocrisy.

That reads like an OpEd... but how would you know? :)

@aquabliss: You can negotiate some major price reductions on the EQE/EQS line as they are growing in inventory. They are nice cars but there is some concern about the software/ battery/coolant like many other EVs. 1st/2nd year EVs always have the most growing pains... I would lease one instead of buying until they get the kinks out.
Ya, agree - I was looking at maybe a 2 year lease on an EQE but the numbers on LeaseHackr don't seem great for June, will wait and see if anything changes in July. There were a couple people who posted (if true) that got an EQS SUV 2 year lease for $598/mo $0 down/drive off. I'd jump on that quickly if it were an option.

Is that $0 with MSDs? MBZ is notorious for high lease fees ($1095 acq fee!) so zero down makes monthlies higher than they should be.

I also looked at the EQB/EQE/EQS SUVs... the EQB is the cheapest as a buy (and also the smallest) but so expensive to lease compared to the bigger brothers and just an ICE convert vs the EQE/S which are true EV platforms.

And I also like MBZ products (and they get 2-years of free EA charging too).

Yes I believe no MSD's. My co-worker was close to a similar deal on EQS at Fletcher Jones but at the end he decided he didn't need the vehicle right now. It also requires combined incentives like EV Conquest (have to currently own an EV in the buyers name), AMEX, Sams Club, maybe one other.

EQB I couldn't do it, just looks so much worse to me than EQE and EQS.

I think using EA chargers would just drive me mad after ease of Supercharger use. Probably would just charge at home.

I'm seeing more R1S SUVs in and around Irvine... really makes me want one.

But I want to see how the EV9 and Ioniq 7 look.

Probably in 2 years I'll get one of the large EV SUVs... don't think I'm interested in the CyberTruck anymore.

The morekaos Midas touch is working on Rivian:

Tesla and Hyundai also breaking sales records on their EVs.

Unicorn gonna unicorn

The morekaos Midas touch is working on Rivian:

Tesla and Hyundai also breaking sales records on their EVs.

Unicorn gonna unicorn
Yup…I’m right every time….😂😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_0211.png
    IMG_0211.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0210.png
    IMG_0210.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 6
Back