ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
I'm not even going to provide links:

TSLA stock going up as more sign up to adopt their NACS standard (the most recent is Rivian)

Isn't this redundant since the "S" in NACS already stands for "Standard"? Also I heard that "Tesla" made up the name "North American Charging Standard" even though it's their own proprietary network. Sneaky Elon.

Even an OIL company believes in EV.

Greenwashing and virtue signaling come cheap but reality pays the bills….dollars any sense not unicorns and rainbows😂😂😂

‘Fundamental Culture Change’: Here’s Why Europe’s Energy Giants Are Pivoting Back To Oil​

Both Shell and fellow U.K. energy firm BP opted against further cuts to oil production recently, in a bid to restore investor confidence as their renewable ventures struggled, according to Bloomberg. While the moves were met with criticism from climate-focused investors — activist investors and protestors attempted to storm the stage at Shell’s annual shareholder meeting in late May — the companies are likely to stay the course despite criticism, thanks to the reliability of oil and gas to drive profits
“Smart energy executives looking at the long term recognize that politics are fleeting,” Kish said. “Politicians may be flighty and distracted by today’s shiny objects, but real business sense combined with a knowledge of engineering and physics shows that real energy makes good business because it is what people need and want.”
“At the end of the day, we’re responding to what society wants,” BP Chief Executive Bernard Looney said.

We have had electric boats for decades..they call them Duffy’s. No self-respecting boater would own one. Useless for all boating needs except sipping wine on a short harbor cruise. Boats are an even rarer Unicorn. Weight, Range, Power and charge are almost insurmountable in anything longer than 20 feet. Like jumbo jets there is no economy of scale that can function on a commercial or even recreational level.. I drove a 32 foot electric cruiser at the Lido boat show a few years ago….total disaster and the price would make you faint….Not an area you’ll find any unicorns or rainbows in the near future.

I raced a brand new GT3 yesterday - he was not happy he couldn't shake my M3P and I marveled at how that car sounds like a giant lawnmower as he was pushing it and was thinking how much longer there will be enough ICE lovers to fund future product development. Basically the only thing that car has on mine for $100K+ more is a cool body style and a wing, and you still need to put your golf clubs in the front seat.

Almost any pleasure yacht over 35 feet will start at $300,000.00. The EV I drove started at $450,000.00

$140,000 for a 21 foot boat that only goes 50 miles at 30 miles an hour? that might as well be a Duffy. You really don’t understand boating do you😂😂😂

Wonder how much in government Loan guarantees and Grants went down the tube with this one? Who cares, huh? It’s just your money they lose…them and all the idiots who bought into the SPAC craze.🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Lordstown Motors files for bankruptcy, sues Foxconn over $170 million funding deal​

• Lordstown Motors filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection early Tuesday.
  • Lordstown also sued Taiwanese contract manufacturing giant Foxconn, alleging that it breached a deal to provide the EV startup with additional funding.
  • Foxconn, which bought Lordstown’s Ohio factory for $230 million last year, said it had been proceeding in good faith, but it will now consider legal action of its own.

Back