Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

irvinehomeowner said:
Looks like they are building more wall along Jamboree.

They should have took a cue from TIC and put the apartments along the Jamboree side and put the homes in more interior locations.

This x1000000000000000000000.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Looks like they are building more wall along Jamboree.

They should have took a cue from TIC and put the apartments along the Jamboree side and put the homes in more interior locations.

thats what happens when the city of tustin is the developer and sells off parcels of land to different companies. TIC is definitely a superior planner, no doubt about that.

TIC = private > Tustin = public

qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

Is there a key to the # situation?  Or am I missing something?

no key, the map was just to show the location and quantities of different schools attended, not the names. for high school mater dei seems to be popular. ive seen several neighbors with the MD sticker on the car window.

Ah ok, thanks.  Interesting site.  Did you or anyone here attend the meeting referenced @ TUSD last night?  Wonder how it went.

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

Is there a key to the # situation?  Or am I missing something?

no key, the map was just to show the location and quantities of different schools attended, not the names. for high school mater dei seems to be popular. ive seen several neighbors with the MD sticker on the car window.

Ah ok, thanks.  Interesting site.  Did you or anyone here attend the meeting referenced @ TUSD last night?  Wonder how it went.

i didnt go. im guessing someone will post an update on nextdoor.com

Manager said:
Will greenwood and beacon park have the same schedule for opening?

No...greenwood is scheduled to open in April/May, and Beacon Park is scheduled to open in July/August.  I really don't think they are competing for the same pool of buyers.

gasman said:
Manager said:
Will greenwood and beacon park have the same schedule for opening?

No...greenwood is scheduled to open in April/May, and Beacon Park is scheduled to open in July/August.  I really don't think they are competing for the same pool of buyers.
Gasman - are you going to leave CS to Greenwood?

qwerty said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
Are Mello Roos comparable to each other??

I believe they are pretty darn close

+1 with qwerty.  If Tustin approves the additional CFD for TUSD, then the mello roos should be comparable to any of the new Irvine buildouts.  I would expect it to be between $5K-7K/year all-in, bringing the total tax to between 1.7-1.9% of assessed value.

The biggest difference in Irvine is that some mello roos can be adjusted upward by 2% yearly.  I don't believe any of the Tustin CFDs are like that.

gasman said:
qwerty said:
FARMMMMMIE said:

+1 with qwerty.  If Tustin approves the additional CFD for TUSD, then the mello roos should be comparable to any of the new Irvine buildouts.  I would expect it to be between $5K-7K/year all-in, bringing the total tax to between 1.7-1.9% of assessed value.

The biggest difference in Irvine is that some mello roos can be adjusted upward by 2% yearly.  I don't believe any of the Tustin CFDs are like that.
Isn't that more than a lot of the Irvine buildouts.  I haven't seen many places where the Mella is > $5K in Irvine. I suppose maybe in some of the larger OH homes that might be the case? But Stonegate / OH / Cypress are all right around 5K or slightly below IIRC.  Plus I think some of those bonds fall off in the next few years as well (which drops the mella down lower).

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Same feeling. So what development is on the gasman's radar?
Johns Creek!

Actually I am looking out of state for second property. The monthly cash flow makes sense and the amount to purchase is a lot less.
Wouldn't do it.  Real Estate gain is purely from appreciation, cash flow gains are minimal in comparison

Bullsback said:
gasman said:
qwerty said:
FARMMMMMIE said:

Isn't that more than a lot of the Irvine buildouts.  I haven't seen many places where the Mella is > $5K in Irvine. I suppose maybe in some of the larger OH homes that might be the case? But Stonegate / OH / Cypress are all right around 5K or slightly below IIRC.  Plus I think some of those bonds fall off in the next few years as well (which drops the mella down lower).
PP probably has the highest MR

Back