Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No, but I believe in a higher power

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
I agree mostly here except for the first sentence. I believe pastors or any Christian leaders should look out for other's spiritual well-beings. Everyone in this world is looking out for the body no matter the races or religions. Christian teachers are to be different in a way to teach about the soul first and foremost, about the spirit. That's what shepherds do. That is what Jesus was commanding Peter to do so(John 21). Shepherds are to protect their flocks from wolves who teach and try to bring about all sorts of wrong doctrines and false fears associated with physical needs.

BTW, if one feels sick or thinks he should stay home for worship, he can do that no problem. He can listen to the doctors who don't teach the Bible. No one is forcing him to come to church.

Yes...Jesus told Peter to feed the flock but He also preached to them to model and to help.  Jesus himself modeled this for all to see.  Shepherds are to protect their flock both spiritually and physically. 

I do not know why adhering to medical protocols is somehow anti-Biblical....if you are good with people not coming to church based upon medical concerns...why is there a requirement that anyone goes to church physically? 

I mean, should a person with COVID go to church anyways?  I mean he and the rest of the church would be protected anyways right?

Please give verses where it says about shepherds protecting flocks physically. I asked similar to IHO and he said because our bodies are God's temples. I think that's so that we would not abuse our bodies to sin, not necessarily to take care of our bodies to be healthy. Just in case you go too far again, I'm all for being healthy also. I just need you to educate me where in the Bible it talks about being healthy or pastors leading people with physical protection. So far, I only know we are actually to take spiritual training more than physical according to 1 Timothy 4 and also we are to be not too concerned about our body which is corrupting anyways but look for the new one like Christ's.

Also there is no requirement in the Bible you have to go to church physically every week. If you're sick, not just COVID sick but even a small cold, you just rest at home until you are well.  I mean even from Moses' Laws, God gave descriptions how to quarantine "not-well" people in a separate place for awhile. Obviously you think my definition of God's protection is just a physical one which is not true since I see more as the spiritual one. So much misunderstanding.

Irvinecommuter said:
Are you sure those were non-believers? I believe they were actually real believers over the religious leaders at the time. They were real believers because they recognized their sin while religious leaders didn't. Jesus was just letting them know they were forgiven. Who the Father has given to the Son were these (John 6, 10, 17). This is also one of the pre-destination arguments I can talk about.

He literally called them sinners and the ones who are lost and that He came to lead them to repentence. 

I have no idea how those are predestination arguments. 

That's your personal view of how you're seeing predetermination theology. We are all fallen. No one deserves to be saved by God's standard. You're right up to there, but you're into your own interpretation when you start saying things like "Who cares about those people, they're not chosen." God does want everyone to be saved (Ezekiel 18:23), but it's the unwillingness to repent that holds them from being saved. Jesus accepts you as long as you repent. But that repenting heart is also from God. It's the Holy Spirit who does that good work. Think of it this way. It's not some kind of elitists mindset. It's that we can't do any good works, but God chooses to good works through us (Romans8). The focus is on God with His love, grace, sovereignty and all good things instead of us. The focus should not be on "who's not saved?" There also are plenty of verses to back this theology and it makes more sense with clear understanding once you have this mindset when you read the Bible.

I am not into my own interpretation...it is literally why the Pilgrims came to this country...they believed that they were the chosen few and were commanded by God to leave the old and corrupt world.  Pilgrim then kicked out anyone who challenged the concept of predestination.
http://mayflowerhistory.com/religion#:~:text=Predestination.,grace, and would have faith.
https://www.ushistory.org/us/3e.asp

ut that repenting heart is also from God. It's the Holy Spirit who does that good work. Think of it this way. It's not some kind of elitists mindset.

Of course it is some sort of elitist argument...why did God choose some over others?  Those who are chosen are by definition elite.

If all fall short of the glory of God, why do some get saved and others do not? 

The focus should not be on "who's not saved?"

Why not?  It is why Jesus came.  To look for the one lost sheep...

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?  Matthew 18:2

Why else would God keep believers here if not to spread the word of God and to bring as many into the Kingdom of Heave as possible? 

There also are plenty of verses to back this theology and it makes more sense with clear understanding once you have this mindset when you read the Bible.

You keep saying this but I see the opposite.  Please elaborate.

Couple verses to back the theology of predestination...

(Jesus is saying) All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. - John 6:37

(Again Jesus is saying) You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. - John 15:16

Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world.. - Ephesians 1:4

He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will - Ephesians 1:5

For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. - Romans 8:29-30

?Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.? - Jeremiah 1:5

Now for those who are not saved...

The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. - Proverbs 16:4

Christians are to be thankful and stay humble because even though we deserve to be punished like those wicked in the day of trouble, in His judgement, we are somehow saved by His grace.

For he says to Moses, ?I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.? - Romans 9:15

Why we still here then you ask? Because it's not God's time to bring His full judgement yet. You should be thankful you got to believe God and His Son before that time though. You say that's elitist mindset, but I see as God's patience and His perfect sovereignty to orchestrate everything in His order to write history even over everyone's mess ups.

Churches are starting to open as the restrictions soften. I guess there is still this 100 people max limit with masks, but I'm seeing people with joy for being at worship together. Outdoor services seem more harmful since the weather and the air quality have been not so great lately in California .

Grace Community Church, on the other hand, has been having 5000+ people indoor worship services for months and not a single COVID broke out there. The state tried to take away their parking spots and threatened for possible jail times and penalties for the pastor, but all those have been failing miserably by the court so far.

Where is IC?

You made it sound like you know something I don?t so I was simply asking if you knew any news about COVID case from that church. I personally don?t and can?t find any news about it.

Grace Church at Sun Valley which has been meeting with 7000+ people for months has no COVID cases and yet Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry has 100+ cases popped up. Bethel is the one with a popular worship band, Jesus Culture and many others. I personally don't agree with their Charismatic theology while I do believe Grace has been faithfully teaching the Word of God for decades. IC might call me crazy if I say God is protecting Grace, but it's kind of unusual to just think of it as a coincidence. Maybe it is. I personally just don't think so.

Mety said:
Grace Church at Sun Valley which has been meeting with 7000+ people for months has no COVID cases and yet Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry has 100+ cases popped up. Bethel is the one with a popular worship band, Jesus Culture and many others. I personally don't agree with their Charismatic theology while I do believe Grace has been faithfully teaching the Word of God for decades. IC might call me crazy, but it's kind of unusual to just think of it as a coincidence. Maybe it is. I personally just don't think so.

A paster from a big church test positive for covid. (just saying)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Grace Church at Sun Valley which has been meeting with 7000+ people for months has no COVID cases and yet Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry has 100+ cases popped up. Bethel is the one with a popular worship band, Jesus Culture and many others. I personally don't agree with their Charismatic theology while I do believe Grace has been faithfully teaching the Word of God for decades. IC might call me crazy, but it's kind of unusual to just think of it as a coincidence. Maybe it is. I personally just don't think so.

Which church?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Which church?

I guess eyephone just wanted to talk to me. Let me know when you got the full story, man.

eyephone said:
Google it. I do not want to get sued by a church.

I was talking about Grace Community Church and Bethel and how there are no COVID cases in one and 100+ cases in the other. If you're not talking about one of those churches, then I can't really see your point of quoting my post.

Mety said:
eyephone said:

I was talking about Grace Community Church and Bethel and how there are no COVID cases in one and 100+ cases in the other. If you're not talking about one of those churches, then I can't really see your point of quoting my post.

I can quote all I want. You piece of crap.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

Welcome back, YF!

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:

Welcome back, YF!

This conversation is one sided. You did not say one or two churches. So my comment is valid.

eyephone said:
There are many churches that got covid. I think I read one paster died of covid. So please shut up.

Not sure how it's related to what I was saying. Maybe you should know there is a church with 7000+ people meeting with no masks and no social distancing and not a single COVID case broke out from. On the other hand, a church so called themselves a miracle workers is having an issue with many COVID cases and can't seem to do the miracle of healing themselves. I really hope you get what I'm saying some day, bro.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
There are many churches that got covid. I think I read one paster died of covid. So please shut up.

Not sure how it's related to what I was saying. Maybe you should know there is a church with 7000+ people meeting with no masks and no social distancing and not a single COVID case broke out from. On the other hand, a church so called themselves a miracle workers is having an issue with many COVID cases and can't seem to do the miracle of healing themselves. I really hope you get what I'm saying some day, bro.

It is totally related. Because you are insinuating that if you go to church that it is safe. I have to say maybe or maybe not.

Back