• Yes, but I am non-religious

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No, but I believe in a higher power

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
@eyephone

Stay here for this topic. It was a joke. I mentioned that above for you since you tend to take joke seriously.

And you?re right. Churches should teach the Bible and stay out of politics.

The Hill article: The Rev. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Dallas said this week that "there is no credible religious argument" against receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.

Jeffress, an ardent supporter of former President Trump, told The Associated Press in an interview that he and his staff at First Baptist Dallas "are neither offering nor encouraging members to seek religious exemptions from the vaccine mandates."

The comments from Jeffress come after members of different Christian communities say that they oppose taking the coronavirus vaccine because fetal cell lines were used in COVID-19 vaccine testing, according to the news outlet. Fetal cell lines, however, are not present in the actual vaccines.

"Christians who are troubled by the use of a fetal cell line for the testing of the vaccines would also have to abstain from the use of Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Ibuprofen, and other products that used the same cell line if they are sincere in their objection," Jeffress told the AP in an email.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-jeffress-says-there-is-no-credible-religious

Like I said right above, churches should stay out of politics and teach the Bible which has been lost for majority of churches in America today sadly.

irvinehomeowner said:
Was it Christian-like for Grace church to sue the city/county for all that money?

You know the State took away their parking spots and mandated them not to gather for awhile, right? Not to mention the State sued them first so the church had no option but to sue back to stay open as a church and ask for the parking spot they've been leasing for 40+ years.

All in all, the church won the case and there was and is no real outbreak of Covid from that place which meets thousands of people weekly. If you think they sued to win money, you're very mistaken.

They mandated all churches... not just Grace... but Grace defied state orders.

And you know there were Covid cases... they hid them.

Are you really that gullible?

irvinehomeowner said:

First, you said Grace Church sued the city/county for all that money. I explained it was not about money but was about being a church which gathers people weekly and to get their parking spot back. The church was sued first and the parking spot was shut by the state so they had to defy the order and fight back. 

Which brings to the second point, why did they defy the state order? Because they felt like not being able to gather was against God's order. So it's just as simple as them choosing to obey God's order over the State's order. If you're going to argue God never ordered us to meet weekly, that's another subject. I'm strictly talking about their lawsuit case because you first asked about it along with wrong information. BTW, if you're all about following the order, they won the case. So the order is that they're allowed to meet regularly weekly.

Third, can you find the fact they were hiding the Covid cases? They actually had some cases. They were like 3 or 4 people infected which was posted here by me as well. Have you seen more cases from there? Just because your logic says meeting thousands of people weekly must bring more cases, it doesn't mean that really happened. Even if it did, where did you find the information they were "hiding" it?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

First, you said Grace Church sued the city/county for all that money. I explained it was not about money but was about being a church which gathers people weekly and to get their parking spot back. The church was sued first and the parking spot was shut by the state so they had to defy the order and fight back. 

Which brings to the second point, why did they defy the state order? Because they felt like not being able to gather was against God's order. So it's just as simple as them choosing to obey God's order over the State's order. If you're going to argue God never ordered us to meet weekly, that's another subject. I'm strictly talking about their lawsuit case because you first asked about it along with wrong information. BTW, if you're all about following the order, they won the case. So the order is that they're allowed to meet regularly weekly.

Third, can you find the fact they were hiding the Covid cases? They actually had some cases. They were like 3 or 4 people infected which was posted here by me as well. Have you seen more cases from there? Just because your logic says meeting thousands of people weekly must bring more cases, it doesn't mean that really happened. Even if it did, where did you find the information they were "hiding" it?

Adding...
I did some search now and it looks like the head pastor there also may have been contracted covid himself. He said he took 2 weeks off and came back fine. It looks like this happened end of last year. So I'm not sure where you think they were hiding anything.

The same may go with you, my friend. If you are against that church, there is nothing I can do. I'm only stating facts. If you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong if I am.

How can I prove something when they are hiding it? If you Googled correctly, there are articles where Grace church asked their members not to admit they got Covid.

Science says with gatherings that large and indoors without masks, the % of infection should be much higher than reported... but you will only see what you will see. If you actually believe there was no "real outbreak", there is nothing I can tell you otherwise.

God does not go against science... God is science... and as morekaos likes to say... virus is gonna virus.

You just have to read or listen really carefully into the articles. There are more than just what the headline says most of the time. Find me where they asked their members not to admit it. I'll gladly look into it.

And let me correct you if you don't mind. God is not science. God created science and he sometimes goes against it for His people. The earth cannot be made in 7 days by science. The sea cannot get divided into a walking land by science. A virgin can't have a child by science. The water cannot turn into wine by science. The dead man cannot get raised to live again by science. Are you really a Christian?

Now I don't mean to say defy science. God made it and we live with it. You just need to know God is above it to do His will when He wants.

Good luck trying to figure it out in the name of science. BTW someone might actually tell you he/she figured it out as you'd hope in a future. Just know that person is most likely the Anti-Christ who Jesus warned us about.

akkord said:
Imagine some of you at /r/atheism, and isn't Christianity in the US at a low for younger people?

The lack of true bible teaching in US churches or anywhere around the world to be honest resulted as such. Too much emotionalism and ?church cultures? took over while the actual teachings about God or Jesus have been lost for centuries. Hence people especially young people tend to leave churches when they question the hypocrisy of such churches.

Mety said:
akkord said:
Imagine some of you at /r/atheism, and isn't Christianity in the US at a low for younger people?

The lack of true bible teaching in US churches or anywhere around the world to be honest resulted as such. Too much emotionalism and ?church cultures? took over while the actual teachings about God or Jesus have been lost for centuries. Hence people especially young people tend to leave churches when they question the hypocrisy of such churches.

So as the population ages, people will be less religious in the US.  I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anyone who chooses to go to church, mosques, temples, whatever it may be. My brother's family goes to church, my family doesn't, and we never push our beliefs on each other.  When people start pushing their beliefs on others is where problems begin and people start being dicks to each other.

akkord said:
Mety said:
akkord said:

So as the population ages, people will be less religious in the US.  I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anyone who chooses to go to church, mosques, temples, whatever it may be. My brother's family goes to church, my family doesn't, and we never push our beliefs on each other.  When people start pushing their beliefs on others is where problems begin and people start being dicks to each other.

I agree forcing can only cause problems. I believe in Christianity and Jesus taught that we believers are to love one another among us so that non-believers would know that we really are God's people. Many churches in America and other places actually implemented other traditions and cultures to attract people in ways that are not about loving among believers but about being accepting and friendly of the world. It seemed to work for some time, but many forgot about loving within and we now see people walking away because it was never our Lord's commandment that way. It's been sort of forcing in a "friendly way" if you know what I mean.

As for someone who completely has no idea about God or Jesus, the faith would most likely come from questioning God on his/her own -
Who created the universe? How did everything come together as we see? Why are there so much evil in this world? Why are there so many beautiful things in this world? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do bad people succeed? What is sin? What happens after death? Where are we going?

These are the questions any person, believer or not, can ask some time in life. I personally found answers from The Bible, not by some people forcing their cultures on me.

Back