• No, not at all

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Google it. I do not want to get sued by a church.

I was talking about Grace Community Church and Bethel and how there are no COVID cases in one and 100+ cases in the other. If you're not talking about one of those churches, then I can't really see your point of quoting my post.

I can quote all I want. You piece of crap.

Welcome back, YF!

This conversation is one sided. You did not say one or two churches. So my comment is valid.

I was comparing Grace Church and Bethel Church. That's two. Now, you can read my post again and stop with your wrong assumptions. ;)

It does not matter the church name. Use google to find the name of the church. Where the pastor or patrons got sick.

Like I said previously. I am not here to single out a church. But you are acting like covid was never transmitted at a church in the US. You are making a big deal out of this.

Grace - 0 case
Bethel - 137 cases

Which was what I was saying from my first post today. Are you still going to call me a piece of crap and tell me to shut up?

Again for the record. I am not here to call out a church. I read an article where a pastor died. I am not going to say the name of the church. It is really unfortunate that the pastor died. He did not have to. People need guidance during the pandemic.

eyephone said:
Again for the record. I am not here to call out a church. I read an article where a pastor died. I am not going to say the name of the church. It is really unfortunate that the pastor died. He did not have to. People need guidance during the pandemic.

I'm saying COVID is not or has not yet been transmitted from Grace Community Church although they meet 7000+ people every week and it's been for months now. But there has been 137 cases from Bethel at Redding and I'm sure there are other churches with COVID cases also. I agree it is a very unfortunate thing that someone died out of this, but we're not, or at least I'm not, really talking about COVID here in this thread. I'm talking about how irony it is that such churches who call themselves miracle workers or healers are not being to heal their own sickness including the head pastor there. Yet, somewhere that's been teaching the Word of God for decades (Grace Church in this case) is not having a single COVID case. If you don't find that interesting, then that's your take, but I don't think it was wise for you to call me a piece of crap and tell me to shut up. I think of you a little better than that.

Maybe I should say good for Grace church and bad for others. The fact there are people that are getting sick or dying going to a church throughout the US.

irvinehomeowner said:
Still waiting for Mety's fact check on Grace church.

Yeah, I can't find any news about a single report. I'm 100% positive that if there was one case of COVID, the media will be all over it as they're been a target for many mainstream medias for a long time. Again, if you know if there's been a case there, let us know. All I see is they keep having more and more people each week. I heard they reached like 8000-9000 last week. I don't think more and more people would come each week if there was someone with COVID there, wouldn't you think?

eyephone said:
Maybe I should say good for Grace church and bad for others. The fact there are people that are getting sick or dying going to a church throughout the US.

Believe or not, I'm with you that we all need to be careful of this COVID-19. While you might think of it a far more severe and deadly of this disease than how I think of it, I do think it's wise to practice some cautions.

Now, Christians can get infected indeed. I'm not saying no Christians will be getting it since God is protecting them no matter what. God does protect His people for sure, but that is not defined by whether you get COVID or not. God protects His people so that they will be more like Jesus and finally their soul and body saved.

But I do think God does allow some interesting things to happen. Such as Grace Church not having a single COVID case in the midst of thousands of people gathering. Also revealing some false churches to be exposed like how their wrong doctrines and theology are not really being met and practiced at times like this.

COVID is definitely something I wish never it happened, but God does allow everything and times like this is where you can know and see how God does His wonders. If you're a real Christian you're not supposed to be afraid of anything even death. While I do think it's wise to be careful of COVID, I also think it is not something you need to be afraid of. It could however be something you get closer to God than other times and be more like our Lord, Jesus Christ. I hope you get what I'm saying and I wish you're not offended or feel like I'm spreading fake news since I'm only sharing my belief. 

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, I can't find any news about a single report. I'm 100% positive that if there was one case of COVID, the media will be all over it as they're been a target for many mainstream medias for a long time. Again, if you know if there's been a case there, let us know. All I see is they keep having more and more people each week. I heard they reached like 8000-9000 last week. I don't think more and more people would come each week if there was someone with COVID there, wouldn't you think?

Isn?t this something you would say?

If someone at Grace got Covid, because of the scrutiny, do you think they would report it?

The odds are someone has it... you can?t beat science because God is science.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If someone at Grace got Covid, because of the scrutiny, do you think they would report it?

So you think they would lie and not report? If you think that way, you must think they?re not a real church. That?s where you and I have different opinions or even beliefs.

You seem to firmly believe the science proves they must have COVID there. You say God is science, but I again disagree. God is ABOVE science. God created science. He controls it. Now please don?t say I don?t believe in science. You know that?s being extreme one way or another.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So you think they would lie and not report? If you think that way, you must think they?re not a real church. That?s where you and I have different opinions or even beliefs.

No. I think they are human with all the faults that come with it.

You seem to firmly believe the science proves they must have COVID there.

It's just numbers. Let's say the infection rate of Covid is only 1%, that's still at least 70 people who would be infected. Name one state in the US that did not have any Covid cases. The point is, of those 7,000, they come in contact with exponentially more people, so it's impossible for none of them to be infected. That's like saying none of them lie.

You say God is science, but I again disagree. God is ABOVE science. God created science. He controls it. Now please don?t say I don?t believe in science. You know that?s being extreme one way or another.
Now you are just using semantics.

You know what I mean. To say that you don't think any one of those 7,000 got Covid really means you are arguing against science. And if God created science, is above it and controls it... than you are arguing against him. Just like many others... including members of Grace Church.

But that's okay... everyone is a sinner.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

No. I think they are human with all the faults that come with it.

You seem to firmly believe the science proves they must have COVID there.

It's just numbers. Let's say the infection rate of Covid is only 1%, that's still at least 70 people who would be infected. Name one state in the US that did not have any Covid cases. The point is, of those 7,000, they come in contact with exponentially more people, so it's impossible for none of them to be infected. That's like saying none of them lie.

You say God is science, but I again disagree. God is ABOVE science. God created science. He controls it. Now please don?t say I don?t believe in science. You know that?s being extreme one way or another.
Now you are just using semantics.

You know what I mean. To say that you don't think any one of those 7,000 got Covid really means you are arguing against science. And if God created science, is above it and controls it... than you are arguing against him. Just like many others... including members of Grace Church.

But that's okay... everyone is a sinner.

All of your arguments are correct only if the case study of COVID-19 is as exactly as you believe it to be. In other words, you have your own belief of COVID which could be what the majority believe, but how can you be 100% sure of that belief? Even the scientists can?t fully grasp this new virus. Are you better than the scientists?

You know what you should be 100% sure especially if you call yourself a Christian? That God?s will is you should not be afraid of COVID. That God will protect you even in the midst of possible harmful situations if you are loving and obeying Him. That God controls everything even the nature and science to lead His people into His good will. All of these examples are written in the Bible all over as you know and might believe and yet you?re putting God in a box of your own scientific belief?

People at Grace Church started to come to hear the Word of God after weeks of the lockdown order. They were not commanded by the pastor or anyone but just out of hunger for God?s Words and to meet in person with other believers, they started to come week by week and now they?re over 7000. I don?t believe that?s being ignorant of the safety protocols. I know and believe they want to love and obey God. I mean those protesters and Lakers fans are gathering without masks and social distancing with so much passion and yet no one calls them out to be ignoring the science. Why call out such hungry Christians though? Those genuine ones who are not afraid of the deadliest diseases in the world seem to be more Christian than someone who tries to follow the science even the scientists can?t fully present the study of. BTW, speaking of the science, the death rate in California out of COVID is less than 0.1% (0.04% to be more accurate) and the majority of them are people with multiple pre conditions. 

Uh... the fans/rioters are also not being safe. I've said that multiple times. Please don't try to change the narrative to support your position.

Believing God will protect you from a virus is a terrible stance. See IC's previous post about the people who did not want to be rescued during a flood.

If that's what you believe, why did you stay at home? Why use safe measures?

You are just one giant contradiction.

irvinehomeowner said:
Uh... the fans/rioters are also not being safe. I've said that multiple times. Please don't try to change the narrative to support your position.

Believing God will protect you from a virus is a terrible stance. See IC's previous post about the people who did not want to be rescued during a flood.

You believe Covid is a BMW. eyephone might think a Ferrari. I think Covid is like a Camry. These are the comparisons with the price tags on each vehicle more expensive ones being more severe. That?s where the main difference is in this and many other conversations. I will say it again just to back my position. Covid death rate in California is 0.04% majority of them being with pre-existing conditions. This is not changing the narrative because our main opinions or the beliefs are divided from what we think of this virus as. But if bringing rioters into the conversation seemed like it, then I apologize.

You and IC keep misunderstanding me. I even said in reply to eyephone that Christians can get the virus indeed. They could even die if that is the will of God. Getting Covid has nothing to do with you being a Christian or not. And yes, God can send people and help in various ways. I never said God will protect you from the virus no matter what. But to me it surely is interesting that no case is known from Grace Church. It could be either Covid is really just a Camry or there are some with no symptoms or maybe there really is no cases at all. Maybe God is really protecting them since they?ve been faithfully serving and teaching the Word of God? I?m not eliminating that possibility. In all possibilities and with given the Covid death data, there should not be any hesitancy to fully open the Church. If you?re not feeling well, just stay home until you?re better. No one?s forcing any sick person to come to church every Sunday.

Now for me to stay home back then was because we all thought we really needed to (Grace church also closed for weeks at first) and I personally thought the stay home order would last only a short time. I even wrote here that online streaming was giving benefits in different ways. But once we figured the data and rates and the long uncertain lockdowns were keep getting announced, that?s when I started to question and write posts. And also for the sake of others, meeting outside is beneficial so I don?t think it?s really contradicting my beliefs. If not wearing a mask is offending other believers, then I would wear them. If they want me to deny Christ, I won?t do that for them, but little things like safety protocols are something I can practice to give others some comforts myself. Not that I think everyone should, but that?s just me. Besides, masks are kind of handy when you need to cover your needed shave. BTW. Camry is a good car. I?ve had it once and it was fine. Just so that no Camry owner is offended.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

You believe Covid is a BMW. eyephone might think a Ferrari. I think Covid is like a Camry. These are the comparisons with the price tags on each vehicle more expensive ones being more severe. That?s where the main difference is in this and many other conversations. I will say it again just to back my position. Covid death rate in California is 0.04% majority of them being with pre-existing conditions. This is not changing the narrative because our main opinions or the beliefs are divided from what we think of this virus as. But if bringing rioters into the conversation seemed like it, then I apologize.

You and IC keep misunderstanding me. I even said in reply to eyephone that Christians can get the virus indeed. They could even die if that is the will of God. Getting Covid has nothing to do with you being a Christian or not. And yes, God can send people and help in various ways. I never said God will protect you from the virus no matter what. But to me it surely is interesting that no case is known from Grace Church. It could be either Covid is really just a Camry or there are some with no symptoms or maybe there really is no cases at all. Maybe God is really protecting them since they?ve been faithfully serving and teaching the Word of God? I?m not eliminating that possibility. In all possibilities and with given the Covid death data, there should not be any hesitancy to fully open the Church. If you?re not feeling well, just stay home until you?re better. No one?s forcing any sick person to come to church every Sunday.

Now for me to stay home back then was because we all thought we really needed to (Grace church also closed for weeks at first) and I personally thought the stay home order would last only a short time. I even wrote here that online streaming was giving benefits in different ways. But once we figured the data and rates and the long uncertain lockdowns were keep getting announced, that?s when I started to question and write posts. And also for the sake of others, meeting outside is beneficial so I don?t think it?s really contradicting my beliefs. If not wearing a mask is offending other believers, then I would wear them. If they want me to deny Christ, I won?t do that for them, but little things like safety protocols are something I can practice to give others some comforts myself. Not that I think everyone should, but that?s just me. Besides, masks are kind of handy when you need to cover your needed shave. BTW. Camry is a good car. I?ve had it once and it was fine. Just so that no Camry owner is offended.

But I was right to sound the alarm at the beginning of the pandemic. It turns out Trump told Woodward (the journalist) that covid is more deadlier than the flu.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But I was right to sound the alarm at the beginning of the pandemic. It turns out Trump told Woodward (the journalist) that covid is more deadlier than the flu.

As always, I respect your genuine passion to share your beliefs to help others. If your intentions are to get more attention and praise on yourself, then that's something you need to work on humility, but in general, you seem to be on top of all things and share more quickly than the most members here.

But if you're going to talk about Trump, maybe talk about him in political threads. I personally don't think he's a real Christian, but I do hope and pray he will be. Maybe he already is. Who knows? I'm just guessing based on his life style so I could be very wrong on that. Also if you keep calling him a liar, then why even believe what he said to Woodward or anybody at all? Instead of focusing on what he said wrong, maybe focus on promoting what your favored candidate or party does good at. But please do so in political threads. I think it's better to keep the discussion of God and church here.

Back