Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

Just stopped by today as well. I echo everyone's opinion about the yard in plan 2. It's about 2.5x the size of mine. Love that they added the second sliding door and that the units are spaced out further compared to WBE.

It's funny that you mentioned the plan not being ideal for a young family because that's what we are currently facing with our family and 1 year old. We rarely go upstairs and our son currently sleeps with us since we don't feel comfortable leaving him alone so far away at the moment.

Dropped by Sage to sign up a few buyers today.  I like Plan 1 the best, very efficient use of space and loved the high ceiling as you went the home (similar to my home).  Plan 3 wasn't too bad either but thought it wasn't laid out quite as well as Plan 1.  I liked the double patio sliding glass doors and amount of windows to bring in lots of light.  Most of the other lots will have smaller yards but still larger than San Mateo.  Looks like they sold most of their Phase 1 homes already (except for 2 I think).

Scubasteve,  if you had a chance to choose to buy Coronado, Primrose and Sage, which one will you go for?

While I personally like the floor plan of Primrose Plan 3 the best and love the backyard of Sage Plan 2, I think I would still purchase Coronado simply due to the lower MR and HOA (being the budget buyer that I am!).  If MR/HOA and price are all equal, I'd probably buy Primrose out of the 3 tracts since the floor plan is the most ideal for our young family as IACR mentioned (although in 4-5 years, Coronado/Sage's floor plan might be more ideal when we can let the kid(s) run amok upstairs in their own living area).  PS looks a helluva lot better than WBE and will look even better when it is built out (town center and all), but the high taxes and HOA deterred me from really ever considering the area. 

Cannot disclose yet. My paranoid wife is going to kill me if I do as she is very sensitive about privacy. Let's just say we have been following similar moving pattern as akim.

rkp said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:
The Motor Court Company said:
July is such a busy month for me...moving into new IPAC home and kid going to preschool..
Which new IPAC home?

congrats TMCC - where did you buy?

scubasteve said:
While I personally like the floor plan of Primrose Plan 3 the best and love the backyard of Sage Plan 2, I think I would still purchase Coronado simply due to the lower MR and HOA (being the budget buyer that I am!).  If MR/HOA and price are all equal, I'd probably buy Primrose out of the 3 tracts since the floor plan is the most ideal for our young family as IACR mentioned (although in 4-5 years, Coronado/Sage's floor plan might be more ideal when we can let the kid(s) run amok upstairs in their own living area).  PS looks a helluva lot better than WBE and will look even better when it is built out (town center and all), but the high taxes and HOA deterred me from really ever considering the area.

Gosh, i hope the town center gets built soon. I suppose that Garedn Hill and Sage being offered means the town center shouldnt be too far away.

Taylor Morrison is also going to be building a las colinas type product east of lambert ranch. So looks like the buildout is picking up some steam, so hopefully that does mean the retail center will be built out soon, but i think some lessons have been learned store owners opening up shop before the community (or surrounding communities) are built out (Woodbury and Orchard hills) and TIC will hold off on the retail center closer till the end. 

qwerty said:
there are going to be some homes with driveways [...] the lady said the ones with the driveway would have a 30-50K premium.
I never thought I would see the day where a driveway would be an added premium.

In the near future MLS listings won't just say "view lot"... they will also say "driveway lot". And Redfin will add a search option that says "Driveway? Y or N".

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
there are going to be some homes with driveways [...] the lady said the ones with the driveway would have a 30-50K premium.

In the near future MLS listings won't just say "view lot"... they will also say "driveway lot". And Redfin will add a search option that says "Driveway? Y or N".

I thought the same thing when the airline industry started charging for bags--the new reality of flying and buying new homes in Irvine.

images

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

I thought the same thing when the airline industry started charging for bags--the new reality of flying and buying new homes in Irvine.

images

Hasn't this style of building been going on for a while already?  I would think it not a majour player and as we've seen people do NOT want to buy w/o a driveway.  Places trying to sell without appear to have been suffering for a while and places like LV and LR have seen sale increase from pent up frustration.

Cannot disclose yet. My paranoid wife is going to kill me if I do as she is very sensitive about privacy. Let's just say we have been following similar moving pattern as akim.
Congratulation, TMCC
They must be selling pretty well.
About 2/3 sold?
I really need to go back and check it out again to see if they have any summer sale.

5 of the 6 are sold. There is only 1 plan 3 left priced at $629,990. The price is pretty deceiving because their mello roos is ridiculously high. It's an extra $602/month on top of your mortgage and taxes for just mello roos + HOA.

Jenita143 said:
5 of the 6 are sold. There is only 1 plan 3 left priced at $629,990. The price is pretty deceiving because their mello roos is ridiculously high. It's an extra $602/month on top of your mortgage and taxes for just mello roos + HOA.

With San Mateo at the similar price range and having high MR, is it worthy to pay that extra 200 more every month for a bigger yard and better floor plan at Sage?

Same here,  the asian lady refused to give us the floor plan. 

blocks said:
Got a chance to tour this weekend.
Upon entering, the asian sales lady asked to sign the interest list. We refused to do so,in return, she refused to give us floor plan. She said after we came back then she will give us one...Not a good sign on the customer service.

impressive about the famous KB quality now.

we toured the models last week and had same experience with them not giving any materials.  we did sign but with fame names as usual so it really didnt help them.

the funny part was the security guard.  first, why the heck do they have a security guard?  to protect the cheap decor items??  that guy seemed so lonely.  but the funny part was him coming up to us and saying that these are way to expensive and how its cheaper in other areas.  serves KB right for having him alone all day in an area that has no need for security.  at least a mall cop has something to do...

looks like some one backed out from a plan 1. 4 of the 6 are sold. typical sales pitch: "the price is going up every phase, the lot size is getting smaller, so buy now!!"

Is the quality of Krap Box homes really that bad?

Jenita143 said:

looks like some one backed out from a plan 1. 4 of the 6 are sold. typical sales pitch: "the price is going up every phase, the lot size is getting smaller, so buy now!!"

Is the quality of Krap Box homes really that bad?

Jenita143 said:
Yeah, their sales people need to chill the hell out...both women are so annoying that I want to slap them.  They could learn a thing or two from the sales folks over at Taylor Morrison and The New Home Company.

Back