Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

USCTrojanCPA said:
The Motor Court Company said:
looks like some one backed out from a plan 1. 4 of the 6 are sold. typical sales pitch: "the price is going up every phase, the lot size is getting smaller, so buy now!!"

Is the quality of Krap Box homes really that bad?

Jenita143 said:
5 of the 6 are sold. There is only 1 plan 3 left priced at $629,990. The price is pretty deceiving because their mello roos is ridiculously high. It's an extra $602/month on top of your mortgage and taxes for just mello roos + HOA.
Yeah, their sales people need to chill the hell out...both women are so annoying that I want to slap them.  They could learn a thing or two from the sales folks over at Taylor Morrison and The New Home Company.

One of the things I hate about visiting model homes in general is being forced to sign the interest list and/or conversing with the sales people because the only way to enter the models is to go through the sales office. I was surprised at Lambert Ranch's unique way of doing this. There is no forcing of anyone to walk through the sales office, since the models are not gated off, and at least at the Grove, besides a "hi" or "welcome", the sales people are there to answer your questions and do not pester you unless you have questions to ask them. You sign the interest list and give them your information only if you really are interested.

jodi called us to let us know that lot 150 has a $50k lot premium. NOT worth it considering a 13 foot driveway isn't really considered a driveway. We went by there again today since Garden Hill was supposedly opening up this saturday, but the models don't look close to being done.

garden hill pricing is up
http://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-orange-county/garden-hill-at-portola-springs

Residence 1 - 2,681 sq ft - $825,000

Residence 2 - 2,806 sq ft - $855,000

Residence 3 - 3,084 sq ft - $910,000

they are not advertising a lack of mello roos so it im guessing it has it. I dont see why anyone would by one of these when you can get a plan 1 at lambert ranch for 900K for 2,700 sq ft.  im curious to see how these will sell. There should only be on HOA on these, probably $120? whatever the master PS HOA is. this is a disaster in the making.

qwerty said:
garden hill pricing is up
http://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-orange-county/garden-hill-at-portola-springs

Residence 1 - 2,681 sq ft - $825,000

Residence 2 - 2,806 sq ft - $855,000

Residence 3 - 3,084 sq ft - $910,000

they are not advertising a lack of mello roos so it im guessing it has it. I dont see why anyone would by one of these when you can get a plan 1 at lambert ranch for 900K for 2,700 sq ft.  im curious to see how these will sell. There should only be on HOA on these, probably $120? whatever the master PS HOA is. this is a disaster in the making.
Wow, pricing at over $300/sf for large SFRs on a motorcourt with high Mello Roos....this should be interesting.  I predict a price drop within 3 months of the grand opening.

My friend was showing me the latest site map of Sage. Plan 2 and 3 sales are slow, Plan 1 sales was the worst only 2-3 sold after the opening. I do not think the floorplan is bad more like is because of San Mateo 2 release. What other reasons Sage is ur attractive to buyers?

We toured Potty Springs this weekend and saw Sage on our way to Casero.  We originally did not consider Sage because the sq footage was too small for us (we prefer 2000+)  but we decided to take a peek after reading that article posted above about Sage being very feng shui.

We were impressed by residence 3. The flow of open space is very noticeable and calming, and it makes the house look a lot bigger than some of the other models we saw with more sq footage. I liked the den on the first floor but I would close up the low wall and put french doors on it to keep it as a home office/guest room. The only thing we didn't like was that the first floor bathroom is far away from the den/guestroom, next to the kitchen so anyone staying there has to walk through the living room to go pee pee at night. If I remember correctly there was also no shower in that bathroom either, so they would have to come upstairs to bathe.

I think Sage is in a good location because it is next to the Pool, and next to that planned shopping center, which we think could increase the value of the home once built. This one is definitely on our consideration list.

Oh, and HOA is in the $200s....Casero told us their HOA was a whopping $250 which I thought was very pricey.

irvinehomeowner said:
So did anyone go to Garden Hill for their Grand Opening last weekend?
It was last weekend?  I had no idea.  I hope KB offered water misters and sno cones.  It must have felt like a billion degrees in PS on Sat.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Homer - is Augusta 3 > Garden Hill 3?
3CWG > 2CWG

I forget... are these motorcourt homes? Do they have pseudo driveways like Montecito?

i believe they are like montecito, on a motorcourt with its own driveway.

I went also. I liked the food.
Model for plan 4 is still under construction.
Garden Hill is indeed motor court homes with driveway. front landscaping is included.
What I don't like the most is where the masters are located.  One side of the windows is your driveway. The other side of window is your left/right neighbor. Privacy can become a concern.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Homer - is Augusta 3 > Garden Hill 3?
3CWG > 2CWG

I forget... are these motorcourt homes? Do they have pseudo driveways like Montecito?

i believe they are like montecito, on a motorcourt with its own driveway.

Qwerty- August Plan 3 is better for sure in regards to price and layout.  But NWH > THS.  :p

Also, it's going to be a motorcourt driveway.  Not sure what to call them but it's going to be tight.  :eek:

Back