Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

The Motor Court Company said:
I went also. I liked the food.
Model for plan 4 is still under construction.
Garden Hill is indeed motor court homes with driveway. front landscaping is included.
What I don't like the most is where the masters are located.  One side of the windows is your driveway. The other side of window is your left/right neighbor. Privacy can become a concern.

You need to make an appointment to see the model 4. 

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So did anyone go to Garden Hill for their Grand Opening last weekend?

I went...
You need to shine the IHO Signal when you go.

I didn't know you were looking in that area??  I also looked at the Verandas over in Aliso Viejo... Loving that model 3 there... but the MR is soooooooooo high!

ok. the sales misled me or because I forgot to bring my suit case with cash with me.

homer_simpson said:
Garden Hill is indeed motor court homes with driveway. front landscaping is included.
What I don't like the most is where the masters are located.  One side of the windows is your driveway. The other side of window is your left/right neighbor. Privacy can become a concern.

ok. the sales misled me or because I forgot to bring my suit case with cash with me.

homer_simpson said:

LOL.. They asked me if I was serious in buying or just looking.  If I'm not serious about purchasing, would you think I'll be lugging my pregnant wife and I out to a model home in 100+ degree weather?? They thought I was 21 years old....  ???

homer_simpson said:
They thought I was 21 years old....  ???
Milk the fountain of youth while you have it... once the grey hairs (or the hair loss) sets in... it will be harder to perpetrate.

At least they have driveways, Augusta doesn't, so it's more like a back alley set up (but I still prefer the 3CWG).

Did anyone notice if the home had square internal corners? Their Primrose tract did and I found that strange since everyone uses round corners (where is that guy by the way?).

What kind of food did they have???

USCTrojanCPA said:

Didn't stop for food as there was a line... Wife and I were on a mission to look at the homes...

BTW, sorry about your Trojans! STANFORD BABY!!!!

How big of a patio do you get with these homes?  Any lot size info?  and a plan 4 for nearly a 1 mil? why not just go across the way to lambert?  Also just from looking at the floorplans and elevations, KB homes makes IP's designers/architects look like Frank Lloyd Wright...dear goodness those are some boring floorplans

thedude111222 said:
How big of a patio do you get with these homes?  Any lot size info?  and a plan 4 for nearly a 1 mil? why not just go across the way to lambert?  Also just from looking at the floorplans and elevations, KB homes makes IP's designers/architects look like Frank Lloyd Wright...dear goodness those are some boring floorplans
Maybe KB is using the same copier as TIC?  haha

thedude111222 said:
and a plan 4 for nearly a 1 mil? why not just go across the way to lambert? 

i said the same thing a while back.  you can get a plan 1 (about 2,700 sq ft) at lambert for 900K for about the same cash out the door as Garden Hill Plan 1 or 2. And it is a traditional house in a gated community. This makes no sense to me.

qwerty said:
thedude111222 said:
and a plan 4 for nearly a 1 mil? why not just go across the way to lambert? 

i said the same thing a while back.  you can get a plan 1 (about 2,700 sq ft) at lambert for 900K for about the same cash out the door as Garden Hill Plan 1 or 2. And it is a traditional house in a gated community. This makes no sense to me.

With no MR  :p

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So did anyone go to Garden Hill for their Grand Opening last weekend?

I went...
You need to shine the IHO Signal when you go.

I didn't know you were looking in that area??  I also looked at the Verandas over in Aliso Viejo... Loving that model 3 there... but the MR is soooooooooo high!

What is MR further down in south county? Is the total with property taxes higher than 2%? I used to play that golf course all the time before it became  a private country club and always thought that area was kinda nice

For the home I was looking at it was over $7k alone for MR.  The MR varies with the size/sqft of the home.  I believe the tax rate was 1.12% not factoring the MR, don't quote me on that as I walked out almost coughing up blood looking at the MR.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-burnt-truck-orange-county
4.5 stars, not too bad

USCTrojanCPA said:

Anyone on the wait list here?  I was told by sales they have some units available, read: unsold.  Does that mean the wait list is exhausted and they can't sell the left over units?

$1M for a motor court home! I could never understand how this project could sell any homes when next door @ The Field in Lambert Ranch you could a traditional SFR and no MR for the same price.

iacrenter said:
$1M for a motor court home! I could never understand how this project could sell any homes when next door @ The Field in Lambert Ranch you could a traditional SFR and no MR for the same price.

LR has been sold out for a while now. Yes, they only officially sold out a few weeks ago, but it's been several months where, if you weren't already registered and on the wait list, there was no way you'd be getting a home. So, some people had no choice.

Back