Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

People at KB are idiots!
Just look at Garbage hill Plan 3X
If I enter the house from garage, first I have to open the door to get into laundry room, then HAVE TO CLOSE that door (at least partially) to open another door to get out of laundry room.  What about the person behind you?  Then you have to negotiate two turns to just get to great room.  This is a rat maze!  No thanks KB.

Irvine_Dreamer said:
People at KB are idiots!
Just look at Garbage hill Plan 3X
If I enter the house from garage, first I have to open the door to get into laundry room, then HAVE TO CLOSE that door (at least partially) to open another door to get out of laundry room.  What about the person behind you?  Then you have to negotiate two turns to just get to great room.  This is a rat maze!  No thanks KB.
Plan 3X has a downstairs master too...complete FAIL!

not sure if anyone has mentioned pricing on these before. I called KB, Garden Hill will be starting in the $800's (they didnt know if low, mid, or high 800s) and open for sale on 7/28. Sage will start in the mid $500's and go on sale on 7/14. The plan 1, which is the smallest at Garden Hill is 2,681 sq ft, at 800K that puts it at $298 sq ft.  I dont see why someone would by a garden hill home on a motorcourt when you can get a lambert ranch field plan 1 (which is similar in size) for a little more money and get a driveway and bigger lot.

qwerty said:
I dont see why someone would by a garden hill home on a motorcourt when you can get a lambert ranch field plan 1 (which is similar in size) for a little more money and get a driveway and bigger lot.
Not to mention you are most likely going to have to pay Mello Roos at Garden Hill.

Called and found out that there will be mello roos for this community (they couldn't tell me how much yet) and HOA starts from about $260.  So yes, there will be an extra charge of hoa+mr for this motor court community (no views/tightly packed in/no curve appeal).  Sage will start in the mid-$500K, this is different from what we saw originally on their site (before they deleted the pricing) which was low $500k.  So maybe they have some demand for these? 

Reactions: lnc
The Scubasteve floorplan is going to be the cheapest detached 4 BR new home on the market and should sell very quickly.

SunCare said:
Called and found out that there will be mello roos for this community (they couldn't tell me how much yet) and HOA starts from about $260.  So yes, there will be an extra charge of hoa+mr for this motor court community (no views/tightly packed in/no curve appeal).  Sage will start in the mid-$500K, this is different from what we saw originally on their site (before they deleted the pricing) which was low $500k.  So maybe they have some demand for these?

KB Home plans to start selling 174 homes in the hot-selling north Irvine area as soon as this month.http://lansner.ocregister.com/2012/07/03/174-more-new-homes-hit-irvine/164238/

KB Home should release the prices by end of the month.  They need to price Garden Hills at least 10% lower than Lambert Ranch's Field in order to be competitive due to mello-roos.  Any idea what their mello-roos will be?

SunCare said:

Looking at these floor plans again, I still can't get over the Plan 3X at Garden Hill's entry from garage to the rest of the house. Besides the fact that it's a pass-thru laundry, which I personally hate, what is up with those two back-to-back doors? If you have more than one person entering, everyone has to come in to the laundry vestibule before anyone can enter the house, unless you want to sit there and alternate the opening and closing of those two doors. How awkward and impractical!

People always tell me that kb home reputation isn't that good... Is their workmanship really that questionable?

OCgasman said:
SunCare said:
Jenita143 said:
is Sage and Garden Hill both motorcourt communities?

Yup.  They are motor court homes.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a 3000+ sq foot home won't have it's own private driveway.
Welcome to the future of new home construction in Irvine, squeezing more SF onto a smaller and smaller lot.

If you look in Columbus Grove at the Cantara tract, you will find 3000 sqft homes without a driveway. They have an alley style garage in the rear of the property and a side yard (similar setup to Stonetree homes in WB).
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16608-Sonora-St-92782/home/7202582

My 1st preference would be for a traditional setup (i.e. driveway crosses a sidewalk and front door faces a street), 2nd choice alley style garage, last would be a motor court setup.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCgasman said:
SunCare said:
Jenita143 said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a 3000+ sq foot home won't have it's own private driveway.
Welcome to the future of new home construction in Irvine, squeezing more SF onto a smaller and smaller lot.

iacrenter said:
If you look in Columbus Grove at the Cantara tract, you will find 3000 sqft homes without a driveway. They have an alley style garage in the rear of the property and a side yard (similar setup to Stonetree homes in WB).

My 1st preference would be for a traditional setup (i.e. driveway crosses a sidewalk and front door faces a street), 2nd choice alley style garage, last would be a motor court setup.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCgasman said:
SunCare said:
Jenita143 said:

$1M for a home without a full traditional driveway?  I have one word for that....FAIL!

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCgasman said:
SunCare said:
Jenita143 said:

$1M for a home without a full traditional driveway?  I have one word for that....FAIL!

I agree. I doubt they will get $1M for that home. Another home with the same floor plan sold for $812K in May.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16630-Sonora-St-92782/home/7215248

Back