Garden Hill and Sage in Portola Springs

The plan 1 garden hills will feel claustrophobic, with the only opening onto the motorcourt.  Are there any older irvine homes around this size (2500-3000 sq ft) and on a motorcourt? 

If not iPac then who?  It looks like something they would build.

So basically if iPac builts these mourtcourt homes they'll be the supersized version of the San Mateo detached condos at Stonegate?

I actually don't think IrvPac will be the builder for PSII homes.

Just like the build out of PS, TIC will still use the independent builders.

Garden Hill doesn't seem to follow any current Stonegate/LagAlt template... so either it's TIC's/IrvPac's new Xerox original or another builder.

But you never know... depends on TIC's greed business plan.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Hurry, hurry, hurry, this is the last opportunity to buy in Coastal Landfill Preserve. The 7th largest ecological wonder in America!

I like reading all the funny names you guys come up with for the Irvine Villages. I try to remember them and recite them to Mr. SoCal when we're sitting around the dinner table. It makes for fun conversation.  :)

The detached condos that look like the Coronado condos in WBE that were built by KB.  There will probably be smog absorbing roofs (that solves the pollution j/k) and solar gimmicky offerings packaged in.

There is another planned product between Landfill Ranch and Garbage Hill. It is also motor court homes. I think motor court homes are the future.

TIC outdone itself by introducing 5 feet setback in the first floor and 10 feet setback in the second floor - it is probably the first of its kind in Irvine for detached products as it blurs the line between attached and detached products, as you probably get more privacy in attached products.  I guess if your rear neighbor is SoCal then you are probably ok but it is iho view then you are screwed.

The Motor Court Company said:
There is another planned product between Landfill Ranch and Garbage Hill. It is also motor court homes. I think motor court homes are the future.

TIC outdone itself by introducing 5 feet setback in the first floor and 10 feet setback in the second floor - it is probably the first of its kind in Irvine for detached products as it blurs the line between attached and detached products, as you probably get more privacy in attached products.  I guess if your rear neighbor is SoCal then you are probably ok but it is iho view then you are screwed.
I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see the day where buyers give TIC the big F U to trying to push the limits on their motorcourt offerings.  I know, I know.....it's only a dream.

Many on the TI board (including myself) really hate motorcourt homes but there must be a market for them otherwise why would TIC keep building them (yes I know greed is one motivating factor). The big F*U only will come if buyers stop buying these products. The market will decide who is right or wrong.

My only concern is that TIC is becoming a one trick pony--okay maybe a two trick pony: 1) The Great Room rubber stamped floor plans 2) Motorcourts.

Whatever happened to offering a range of products and floorplans?  The Las Ventanas plans seemed to offer a reasonable alternative to motorcourt homes, smaller sqft detached SFH with traditional setup on a small lot--driveway that crosses a real sidewalk, some side yard, and some backyard. Nothing too fancy.

Just don't drop the community right next to a major freeway/trash dump/toxic waste site/prison/or any other unsightly/dangerous mess. If you do, at least cut the price in half  :)

If folks don't like what TIC is building you have plenty of other choices--resale, other cities for new construction, or waiting for future products (Alderwood, The Great Park etc...)

USCTrojanCPA said:
The Motor Court Company said:

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see the day where buyers give TIC the big F U to trying to push the limits on their motorcourt offerings.  I know, I know.....it's only a dream.

irvinehomeshopper said:
GREED made possible by Chindians

Are you sure it's the "Chindians," or just the Chinos? From my observation, it is mostly the Chinese buying these homes and for cash.

If you open your eyes and be observant, you will see 8 out of 10 Asians in Irvine drives a luxury vehicle. How many Indians have you seen driving such cars? Not many. So the term "Chindians" should not apply to Asians in Irvine. I might add, it should be ChinKors (Chinese and Koreans) more like it.

Also, luxury goods such as designer handbags are mostly bought by the Chinese and Koreans, not the Indians if you look around at places like South Coast Plaza/or the Spectrum. Indians are misers and they usually dress poorly, saving their money to buy a franchise like Dunkin Donuts. The Chinese on the other hand are savers also, but they do also like to shop for designer clothes, bags, and European cars etc. with their disposable cash. It's no wonder Irvine is the most fashionable city in America, according to a research by Bundle, seehttp://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/04/irvine_most_fashionable.php

Sage looks like Coronado II from KB at Woodbury East - plan 2 seems like going to be the cheapest 4 BR detached new product in Irvine and I expect to it be very popular, and the side entrance is another plus. Budget buyers such as Vietnamese (scubasteve) will be among the main buyers. If there are people willing to live next to an active Landfill and cell tower, some people won't mind products from KB

ps9 said:

hmmm...links now require login and password... oh well.. KB x PS x landfill x motorcourt = a definite no go for me.

The links were password-free for about a day when they were posted here. Unfortunately, I didn't download or save anything when the opportunity was there.

Back