Garage Epoxy

bones said:
OpenSky said:
jmoney74 said:
My garage is going to be 20 x 20.. I don't know if I even have a place to put my tool box.

Mine is 20x20 also. Apparently many of the new builds are 18x18, some 20x18 and even smaller. If you have ceiling height, that helps too for overhead storage. Job #1 is to fill that damn ceiling up with overheads galore. Outside of that, yah, everyone's gotta get out the car before Dad pulls in. Cuz I needs me my workspace, and that cuts into door swing space.

ditto.  it's a real problem when you have car seats on both sides.  can't exactly ask them to get out while I pull in ;)

That's what a minivan with double automatic sliding doors are for. ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Someone I know got so fed up with owners not using their garage - he actually faked an HOA letter and put them on all the cars.  By the next day, all the cars were gone.  But that only lasted a week or two - they always come back.
That's funny.

Dear ZeroLot,

Please use your garage to park your car, not your mahjong tables.

Regards,

HOA

[/quote]

Dear HOA,

No offense but, to you seriously think there's room in my garage for a mahjong table?  You have obviously not have met the little Zerolots.  They are busy parking their bikes, scooters, razors, power wheels, and multiple strollers in my garage.  The day they move to college is the day I will start parking my car in my garage.  Thank you.

Zerolot

ZeroLot said:
Dear HOA,

No offense but, to you seriously think there's room in my garage for a mahjong table?  You have obviously not have met the little Zerolots.  They are busy parking their bikes, scooters, razors, power wheels, and multiple strollers in my garage.  The day they move to college is the day I will start parking my car in my garage.  Thank you.

Zerolot

Dear ZeroLot,

You should consider 4 letters:

3 C W G

It will set all your wheeled vehicles free.

Sincerely,

IHO-A

can't the HOA start towing?  I know the same cars will keep parking on the street so they'll have their license plates lined up. 

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
Dear HOA,

Zerolot

Dear ZeroLot,

You should consider 4 letters:

3 C W G

It will set all your wheeled vehicles free.

Sincerely,

IHO-A

Dear IHO-A

3 is technically not a letter.  Just saying ...  8)

Best Wishes,

Zerolot

aquabliss said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
I had Premier Garage come out today to PP to give me a write up / estimate for Epoxy.  He was surprised how big my garage was - over 24ft deep.  I'm not complaining, gives a lot of extra room for storage/etc. but epoxy will cost more...

nobody here wants to here about your bigger than normal garage problems! :)

I do!  I do!  How much did it cost approximate?  Or pm me :)

I had the owner (Chris) measure for garage cabinets, closet built ins, media center built ins, office desk, etc.  Soooo, he's going to need 2-3 days to formulate an itemized quote and he said he'll also do some 3D renderings of the built in stuff so takes a bit of time, but should be cool to see.

I don't think I can afford everything but at least I can get an a-la-carte menu from which I can pick and choose which is nice. 

I'll pass you the info and pricing when I get it...

I would love to hear about the pricing you got for your garage and closet! I am planning on doing the exact same thing in the next couple of weeks. I read previously that $1300 to $1600 is pretty normal for garage epoxy. Do these prices still stand a year later?

Ended up going with Premier for epoxy only.  Got him down a bit on price but still not cheap due to the garage size. 

Was almost going to do this myself with Costco stuff but read some bad reviews about peeling a few months later.  Premier gives lifetime warranty against peeling so felt it was worth the few hundred extra.

They're installing in about a week, will give an update afterwards.

aquabliss said:
Ended up going with Premier for epoxy only.  Got him down a bit on price but still not cheap due to the garage size. 

Was almost going to do this myself with Costco stuff but read some bad reviews about peeling a few months later.  Premier gives lifetime warranty against peeling so felt it was worth the few hundred extra.

They're installing in about a week, will give an update afterwards.

How much did you pay? (How many sq ft)

We are in the same process of installing epoxy flooring.  After some research, ended up ordering commercial grade 100% solid epoxy from Lowes >>  Epoxy-Coat Premium Kit 768-fl oz Interior High-Gloss Garage Floor Epoxy Kit Taupe with Clear Coat Epoxy-Base Paint and Primer in One with Mildew-Resistant Finish

It's going to be a back-breaking weekend, I will post my work (if presentable) here next week.

Before I was going to have it professionally installed, priorities got changed upon me.  Now I will DIY epoxy floor myself.  :-\

good luck.. everyone I have known that did it themselves.. well it cracked within 2 years.

Back