Garage Epoxy

Just got my epoxy completed by Premiere Garage this week.  It looks really nice.  Love the color.  The installers were really friendly and professional as well.

They originally were planning to show up late afternoon on the second day.  When they found out our painters were waiting on the epoxy to dry before they could paint the garage, the epoxy team showed up extra early on the second day and finished the job before noon.  This way my painters could paint in the garage after 12pm the next day.  I considered that to be very thoughtful to take our schedule into consideration.

ZeroLot said:
Just got my epoxy completed by Premiere Garage this week.  It looks really nice.  Love the color.  The installers were really friendly and professional as well.

They originally were planning to show up late afternoon on the second day.  When they found out our painters were waiting on the epoxy to dry before they could paint the garage, the epoxy team showed up extra early on the second day and finished the job before noon.  This way my painters could paint in the garage after 12pm the next day.  I considered that to be very thoughtful to take our schedule into consideration.

Thanks for the review. I will look into them.

Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:

Thanks for the review. I will look into them. Post some pics! :D

Chairman said:
Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:

Thanks for the review. I will look into them. Post some pics! :D

I got pics on my phone.  I will upload them tomorrow at work.  Moving has been crazy today.  More moving later on this week.  I'm even thinking about having Brandon return to repaint with a different color in certain parts of the house.

Here's a pic.  Not the best with the sun being so bright yesterday.  I got LOTS of compliments on my epoxy already.  So far all my friends LOVE my garage the best.  I think that's a good thing ... right?  :-\

20140309_124859.jpg

I'm still trying to comprehend that you painted the garage. I mean... I love the garage probably more than anyone here... but painting it? It's going to get dirty anyways... unless you're like my neighbor and use it as a living room (actually in two different hoods, the neighbor to our right has done this).

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm still trying to comprehend that you painted the garage. I mean... I love the garage probably more than anyone here... but painting it? It's going to get dirty anyways... unless you're like my neighbor and use it as a living room (actually in two different hoods, the neighbor to our right has done this).

The glaring Vista white was confusing me when I was parking.  I painted it Eggshell because I will be spending a lot of time in the garage and Brandon gave me a GOOD deal on it.  REALLY good deal.  Although it was painted with the wrong color ... it was still a good deal.

ZeroLot said:
Here's a pic.  Not the best with the sun being so bright yesterday.  I got LOTS of compliments on my epoxy already.  So far all my friends LOVE my garage the best.  I think that's a good thing ... right?  :-\

20140309_124859.jpg

The garage floor looks fantastic! I see the peachy color you were talking about. It isn't the worst thing in the world. Garage looks super clean and nice. Great job!

I'm going with polyaspartic garage floor coating.  Similar to epoxy but with additional benefits such as quick cure time = 24hrs., resistant to abrasion, chems and UV rays.  I frequent the forums at Garage Journals, lots of good info there regarding garage flooring.  I'll be using Perkins Garage Flooring to do my garage once my house is built.

My Ridiculously Long That's Wat She Said Yellowneck USERName said:
I'm going with polyaspartic garage floor coating.  Similar to epoxy but with additional benefits such as quick cure time = 24hrs., resistant to abrasion, chems and UV rays.  I frequent the forums at Garage Journals, lots of good info there regarding garage flooring.  I'll be using Perkins Garage Flooring to do my garage once my house is built.

Any idea the cost of this vs. epoxy?  I like the "Epoxy Wall Of Shame" on Perkins website:http://www.perkinscustomcoatings.com/epoxy-hall-of-shame.php

I got a "rough" estimate from Premier Garage (epoxy) vs. Perkins (poly) for 400 sq ft. and the estimates were within $200 from each other.

UV Ray protection.. for your garage floor?  sounds more like marketing to me.

I guess the UV ray protection will help keep the concrete slab gray.. I mean.. who knows what I would do if that ever changed colors. 

Back