Garage Epoxy

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CogNeuroSci said:
I'll post the pics here.

Just to let anyone know, the company I used is Concrete Creations but there are other vendors with that name on Yelp. One of those phone numbers is theirs, but I don't remember which one. However, I do have Kevin's (the prep guy) cell phone: (949)568-7614.

Thank you for sharing. Mind how much you paid for this work?

They charge $1480.

CogNeuroSci said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
CogNeuroSci said:
I'll post the pics here.

Just to let anyone know, the company I used is Concrete Creations but there are other vendors with that name on Yelp. One of those phone numbers is theirs, but I don't remember which one. However, I do have Kevin's (the prep guy) cell phone: (949)568-7614.

They charge $1480.
Is this charge for the industrial grade 100% solid epoxy or the regular one?

CogNeuroSci said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
CogNeuroSci said:
I'll post the pics here.

They charge $1480.
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind sharing which brand did you use for epoxy?

I just called Kevin, and he explained everything to me. They only use Versatile products, which are professional grade. There is no industrial grade vs regular grade. It's one grade: professional grade. They would never ever use the Rust-Oleum product at Home Depot.

I made a mistake on pricing. They actually charge anywhere between $1450 and $1650 for 2-car garages. Some garages may have a little closet space on the side, etc, and would command a higher price. I didn't know that several months ago when they did my garage because the home builder gave me the epoxy for free (flooring contractors left stains on my garage concrete that couldn't be removed).

One final correction to my earlier post. Earlier, I had said that they put primer on the vertical lip so the epoxy and sealer (polyaspartic or polyurethane) won't peel off, which is incorrect. Rather, they use the primer to smooth out the tiny bumps on the vertical lip so the epoxy and sealer will be nice and smooth. You may have noticed that the vertical lip portions of your garage feel different from the rest of the garage concrete. That's because home builders will use a polymer modified concrete to shape and "finish" the vertical lip. This material will have a ton of tiny bumps, and because it's porous, the epoxy will soak into it instead of just grab the surface, thus preventing a smooth epoxy finish. The primer solves this issue.

Back