Garage Epoxy

jmoney74 said:
I guess the UV ray protection will help keep the concrete slab gray.. I mean.. who knows what I would do if that ever changed colors.

my Garage Door isn't open log enough to discolor that badly?  Not sure why I'd ever need UV protection...unless that 10-15 minutes it's opened through out a day is going to do that much damage. 

I imagine it's for people who don't use their garage to park their cars and do leave it open all day (like my neighbors).

Don't they know all they are doing is giving ideas to TIC to remove the garage altogether from their upcoming new homes?

I see some people setup their home office in their garage, and they already got letters from the HOA saying they need to have room for 2 cars...and to make the room.

Try to get a little air in your home office with the garage door open and get written up by the HOA.

So in new builds, if I'm trying to get air for a heated ping pong match or the mahjong tournament spills over into the driveway, I can get HOA-cited?

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So in new builds, if I'm trying to get air for a heated ping pong match or the mahjong tournament spills over into the driveway, I can get HOA-cited?

beep beep? trolling...
What? That's a valid question that I'm sure ZeroLot might know that answer to.

I find it funny that the HOA can dictate what you use your garage for. Are they going to check if you are cooking in your kitchen... or mastering in your master bedroom?

bones said:
Well - all HOAs with garage guidelines can do this - not just new builds.
But I think only new builds have started instituting garage guidelines.

I'm going to look at one of my old HOA docs and see what it says about garages.
Someone I know got so fed up with owners not using their garage - he actually faked an HOA letter and put them on all the cars.  By the next day, all the cars were gone.  But that only lasted a week or two - they always come back.
That's funny.

Dear ZeroLot,

Please use your garage to park your car, not your mahjong tables.

Regards,

HOA

@bones:

I'm thinking 1999+.

Basically when the motorcourts started popping up in more products.

Does anyone in Oak Creek or Harvard Square have garage guidelines in their HOA docs (those are the homes I think were built around that time frame)?

I had Premier Garage come out today to PP to give me a write up / estimate for Epoxy.  He was surprised how big my garage was - over 24ft deep.  I'm not complaining, gives a lot of extra room for storage/etc. but epoxy will cost more...

aquabliss said:
I had Premier Garage come out today to PP to give me a write up / estimate for Epoxy.  He was surprised how big my garage was - over 24ft deep.  I'm not complaining, gives a lot of extra room for storage/etc. but epoxy will cost more...

nobody here wants to here about your bigger than normal garage problems! :)

bones said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

I do!  I do!  How much did it cost approximate?  Or pm me :)

I had the owner (Chris) measure for garage cabinets, closet built ins, media center built ins, office desk, etc.  Soooo, he's going to need 2-3 days to formulate an itemized quote and he said he'll also do some 3D renderings of the built in stuff so takes a bit of time, but should be cool to see.

I don't think I can afford everything but at least I can get an a-la-carte menu from which I can pick and choose which is nice. 

I'll pass you the info and pricing when I get it...

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

Yeah, I can only fit one car with all my car parts, wheels, tires, and floor jack.  I need a 3-car garage!!! :(

I have my bat handy just in case I ever meet the guy who thought a 20'x20' garage is a good enough standard size 2-car garage.  What I would do for a 24'x24' 2 car garage.

My garage is going to be 20 x 20.. I don't know if I even have a place to put my tool box.

Back