Fresco @ Eastwood Village

Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:
Does anyone know whether Fresco in Eastwood released phase 15 and what is the new pricing?

Phase 15A sold out (2 homes). And phase 15B being currently signed for (another 2 homes).

Do you have the pricing for phrase 15?

Thanks,

Btw, phrase 12 has COE end of May which is on schedule.  I am surprised there is no delay.

Phase 15A:
Plan 1 (no conservatory): 1.851M
Plan 3 (no conservatory): 2.088M
Phase 15B:
Plan 2 (conservatory): 2.235M
Plan 3 (conservatory + bonus room): 2.426M

How much is the sqt for plan 2? Is it 2600 or more like 2900?

huuur said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:
Does anyone know whether Fresco in Eastwood released phase 15 and what is the new pricing?

Phase 15A sold out (2 homes). And phase 15B being currently signed for (another 2 homes).

Thanks,

Btw, phrase 12 has COE end of May which is on schedule.  I am surprised there is no delay.

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

It seems that the price growth slowed a bit in Phase 15A compared to previous phases. I remember Phase 15B is the big lots ones

Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

If plan 3 included a loft then it is cheaper than previous phrase 14. Loft option is $110k.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

2944 sqft. Conservatory plus first floor suite

Danimal said:
huuur said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

It seems that the price growth slowed a bit in Phase 15A compared to previous phases. I remember Phase 15B is the big lots ones

Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

If plan 3 included a loft then it is cheaper than previous phrase 14. Loft option is $110k.

The plan 3 price in phase 15a doesn?t include a loft, so it?s is actually 32k more expensive than the previous 14c release.

As for phase 15b, the price includes a loft and a conservatory (110k+90k value), so it?s actually $138k more than in 15a. My guess is it breaks down to a $38k increase in base price plus another ~$100k in lot premium. Not sure exactly how big the lot size is, but it appears to be one of the largest lot sizes in this whole development. Not to mention having no neighbour's on the back side, and being one of the very few floorplan 3?s available that can accommodate a conservatory. So all around, it?s a pretty unique lot.

Yousr said:
Danimal said:
huuur said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

Phase 14C

The plan 3 price in phase 15a doesn?t include a loft, so it?s is actually 32k more expensive than the previous 14c release.

As for phase 15b, the price includes a loft and a conservatory (110k+90k value), so it?s actually $138k more than in 15a. My guess is it breaks down to a $38k increase in base price plus another ~$100k in lot premium. Not sure exactly how big the lot size is, but it appears to be one of the largest lot sizes in this whole development. Not to mention having no neighbour's on the back side, and being one of the very few floorplan 3?s available that can accommodate a conservatory. So all around, it?s a pretty unique lot.

The lot size and not having any neighbors in the back is nice...but I'm fairly sure all of the plan 3's before the extension (<= Phase 11) had the option of the conservatory?

box said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
huuur said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

Phase 14C

The lot size and not having any neighbors in the back is nice...but I'm fairly sure all of the plan 3's before the extension (<= Phase 11) had the option of the conservatory?

True, but these were built on fairly larger lots on average compared to the extension phase lots (i.e. ph 12 and beyond), so the floorplan 3 conservatory was the rule back then not the exception. And even then they still had to pay a lot premium (~20-40k at the time). Now, fast forward to the extension phase lots, with the plan 3 conservatory being the exception not the rule (only 3 out of the 23 plan 3 lots offer a conservatory because of the setback limitation). So factor in time and scarcity, and you get the idea

box said:
sleepy5136 said:
Yousr said:
box said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

How does this make sense? This house hasn?t even been done being built yet. It probably sold a couple of weeks ago by IP and won?t close escrow until July/August timeframe. This is a joke listing

If you look at the lister, this is being sold by IP.

Normally if a home isn't selling well, IP will post the home to Redfin, Zillow, etc. themselves.

Wow? they must have messed up pretty good on this one. I?d have thought anything would fly in this market
Quite a big yard though. But didn?t someone say there is no driveway?

The single story houses in Eastwood (they all border the walking trail on the west side) have driveways, but they are very short driveways. They usually won't fit a car parked on the driveway without blocking the sidewalk.

You can use Google Street View to look at other houses in this houses' position on the other streets to the south of this one to see what I mean.
Yeah I saw them. I cannot believe a 2.3m home cannot give you a legit full driveway. Buyers should be pushing back and straight up give them the finger to builders that do this. It's ridiculous. No one should settle for this BS.

Yousr said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

Does the plan 2 in phase 15b include a bonus room (loft) + conservatory, or only a conservatory?

Since phase 14c = 2.113M for 2944 sqft, if phase 15b = 2.235M for 2944 sqft, assuming with 100K big lot premium, then the price increase between 14c and 15b is only 22K, much smaller than the plan 3 increase.

huuur said:
Yousr said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
huuur said:

Thanks,

Phase 15A:
Phase 15B:

Does the plan 2 in phase 15b include a bonus room (loft) + conservatory, or only a conservatory?

Since phase 14c = 2.113M for 2944 sqft, if phase 15b = 2.235M for 2944 sqft, assuming with 100K big lot premium, then the price increase between 14c and 15b is only 22K, much smaller than the plan 3 increase.

They say it includes a 5th bedroom, 4th bathroom, so not sure how much more expensive than a loft this upgrade is. But also, this lot premium should be less steep than the plan 3 home. It looks much smaller on the map. Overall, it?s kind of difficult to gauge exactly how much the base price went up by over the previous phase, but yes, looks like it slowing down a bit (in the 30-40k range)

Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

How does this make sense? This house hasn?t even been done being built yet. It probably sold a couple of weeks ago by IP and won?t close escrow until July/August timeframe. This is a joke listing

Talked to IP rep today about this house.  You are right. The house was signed for. He said quite a few people were interested in the home since it was on redfin but someone high on the pre-approval list got it. 

All houses in phrase 15 a, b are gone too. 15c should be coming soon next month.

Danimal said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Talked to IP rep today about this house.  You are right. The house was signed for. He said quite a few people were interested in the home since it was on redfin but someone high on the pre-approval list got it. 

All houses in phrase 15 a, b are gone too. 15c should be coming soon next month.

Thanks Danimal for the update. I think like Irvinehomeseeker said before, it?s good to take what the sales office says with a grain of salt. They make it seem like there was lots of interest in the house when it shouldn?t have made it to Redfin in the first place. Interestingly, my wife shared with me a couple of days ago an IP email directly marketing this Fresco single story home to their list of subscribers. I haven?t seen this happen before?ever.

Perhaps with pricing peaks ahead, rate surges, and other factors the CP wait list had been thinning out. A little to no cost Redfin Listing was a thrifty way to gauge buyer interest and reach a wide, tightly focused market. I would have done the same thing if this was a community I needed to ensure it would sell out.

My .02c

Yousr said:
Danimal said:
Yousr said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Thanks Danimal for the update. I think like Irvinehomeseeker said before, it?s good to take what the sales office says with a grain of salt. They make it seem like there was lots of interest in the house when it shouldn?t have made it to Redfin in the first place. Interestingly, my wife shared with me a couple of days ago an IP email directly marketing this Fresco single story home to their list of subscribers. I haven?t seen this happen before?ever.

I got that email too.

Our home is scheduled for final walk thru next month.
Since IP doesnt allow pre drywall inspection, final inspection is the only thing I can do.  Does anyone have a recommendation on 3rd party inspector? How much do i expect to pay for 3k sqft home?

TIA

Danimal said:
Since IP doesnt allow pre drywall inspection, final inspection is the only thing I can do.  Does anyone have a recommendation on 3rd party inspector? How much do i expect to pay for 3k sqft home?

TIA

Steve from Built-Rite is the person have used In the last 2 new home builds. Charges about 450-500$.

IP normally does a pretty job with their builds. Inspection from Steve didn't find anything major...mostly cosmetic. IP has a 30 day walk thru and they take care of things pretty well. The 3rd party Inspection is mostly peace of mind...but after spending close to 2M for a Fresco home, 500$ for peace of mind is not a bad deal  :)

Will also be using Steve once were ready for the walk through.

IP seems to be really good with their schedule. I know people with IP homes who signed around same time as me and after that are already closing or about to close.

Im still a couple months away in August

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:

TIA

Steve from Built-Rite is the person have used In the last 2 new home builds. Charges about 450-500$.

IP normally does a pretty job with their builds. Inspection from Steve didn't find anything major...mostly cosmetic. IP has a 30 day walk thru and they take care of things pretty well. The 3rd party Inspection is mostly peace of mind...but after spending close to 2M for a Fresco home, 500$ for peace of mind is not a bad deal  :)

Danimal said:

TIA

Just wondering if they are offering you a pre-orientation walk through in addition to a final walk through on the day of closing or only the final one. I am asking because their customer care rep. told me that for future phases they are going to do only the final walk through as they don?t have enough resources. They will address all your issues after closing regardless.

Yousr said:
Danimal said:

TIA

Just wondering if they are offering you a pre-orientation walk through in addition to a final walk through on the day of closing or only the final one. I am asking because their customer care rep. told me that for future phases they are going to do only the final walk through as they don?t have enough resources. They will address all your issues after closing regardless.

They only offer one final walk through. My walk through for Bluffs 2 is 5/25 (original closing date) and closing date is 5/27.

CalBears96 said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:

TIA

They only offer one final walk through. My walk through for Bluffs 2 is 5/25 (original closing date) and closing date is 5/27.

I see. They used to provide 2 walk throughs 1 week apart which was kinda nice, you know, to knock down any major issues before you actually can start moving in. Generally, you want to pay very close attention to the house for the first few weeks. I think their quality of finish and sign-off standards have been very lax due to the pandemic. However, they will stand by everything that needs to be remedied is my experience.

Yousr said:
CalBears96 said:
Yousr said:
Danimal said:

TIA

I see. They used to provide 2 walk throughs 1 week apart which was kinda nice, you know, to knock down any major issues before you actually can start moving in. Generally, you want to pay very close attention to the house for the first few weeks. I think their quality of finish and sign-off standards have been very lax due to the pandemic. However, they will stand by everything that needs to be remedied is my experience.

My final walk through is on the 05/26. Closing on 06/02 and meet up with construction manager.  My guess is on 06/02 they will go over what they are able fix/adjust from first final walk through and things they will try address post escrow.

I was able to reserve Steve from Bilt-Rite for inspection on final walk through day just for a piece of mind.

Back