Fresco @ Eastwood Village

Irvinehomeseeker said:
marmott said:
Yousr said:
I don?t believe there is anything that can delay closing at this point. Any cosmetic issues that don?t prohibit the buyer from occupying the property and functioning normally while living in it will not qualify as sufficient reason for an escrow delay. All other unaddressed issues they will commit to fixing after closing.

You don?t think not meeting code is a good enough reason to delay closing? The missing sprinkler in the attic looks like a pretty big reason to delay for me?

What meets code or not gets to be a bit subjective. In my case, IP didn't agree with one of Steve's finding stating in this particular case Steve was referring to an outdated code...And IP is not going to delay closing for findings on Steve's report alone because per IP they have already got the home inspected by the city.

When I bought Petaluma new construction in 2018, the fit and finish was so much better than Fresco. I have stopped noticing small annoying things that should have been take care of at the time of construction...now too late.

My wife heard some horror stories from one of the buyers down the street in phase 10. Basically, most of their kitchen cabinet doors need to be replaced because of dents and paint drips, a broken floor tile that took all day to replace and created lots of dust to finally have the new one with the wrong grout color, and a mismatched counter tops for the kitchen and bathrooms. They will stand by their final product but talk about the headache and disappointment

Yousr said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
marmott said:
Yousr said:
I don?t believe there is anything that can delay closing at this point. Any cosmetic issues that don?t prohibit the buyer from occupying the property and functioning normally while living in it will not qualify as sufficient reason for an escrow delay. All other unaddressed issues they will commit to fixing after closing.

You don?t think not meeting code is a good enough reason to delay closing? The missing sprinkler in the attic looks like a pretty big reason to delay for me?

What meets code or not gets to be a bit subjective. In my case, IP didn't agree with one of Steve's finding stating in this particular case Steve was referring to an outdated code...And IP is not going to delay closing for findings on Steve's report alone because per IP they have already got the home inspected by the city.

When I bought Petaluma new construction in 2018, the fit and finish was so much better than Fresco. I have stopped noticing small annoying things that should have been take care of at the time of construction...now too late.

My wife heard some horror stories from one of the buyers down the street in phase 10. Basically, most of their kitchen cabinet doors need to be replaced because of dents and paint drips, a broken floor tile that took all day to replace and created lots of dust to finally have the new one with the wrong grout color, and a mismatched counter tops for the kitchen and bathrooms. They will stand by their final product but talk about the headache and disappointment
IP reps told me that phrase 8,9 & 10 were very challenging due to supply and labor shortage. Some buyers were angry that they didnt get the correct appliances or contractors did poor jobs or not enough building marterials.  Nice to know IP stands behind their product.

Danimal said:
Yousr said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
marmott said:
Yousr said:

IP reps told me that phrase 8,9 & 10 were very challenging due to supply and labor shortage. Some buyers were angry that they didnt get the correct appliances or contractors did poor jobs or not enough building marterials.  Nice to know IP stands behind their product.

huuur said:
Yousr said:
On a different note, the entry level plan 1 now is at $2M with conservatory included. High interest rates or not, these homes still sell at a rate of one/week and the price hikes keep chugging along with it.

Wow, do you have the latest pricing on plan 2 or 3?

I saw the single level plan 4 actually raised the price on redfin https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Reflection-92602/unit-123/home/179130204

Not unusual for the price increase. It's likely because they've reached another phase in construction and IP Sales Office selected upgrades - which they've added into the sale price.

huuur said:
Yousr said:
On a different note, the entry level plan 1 now is at $2M with conservatory included. High interest rates or not, these homes still sell at a rate of one/week and the price hikes keep chugging along with it.

I saw the single level plan 4 actually raised the price on redfin https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Reflection-92602/unit-123/home/179130204

Oh, I thought someone on this thread mentioned the sales office told him that the single story home had already been signed for. I wouldn?t be surprised if it?s still sitting on the market though

I have attached the latest price sheet here.

Attachments

• Photo.pdf
    599.5 KB · Views: 150
Yousr said:
huuur said:
Yousr said:

Oh, I thought someone on this thread mentioned the sales office told him that the single story home had already been signed for. I wouldn?t be surprised if it?s still sitting on the market though

I have attached the latest price sheet here.

The deal must've fell through on that single level one.

Are these on the premium lots? Pricing for model 2 and 3 b4 adding bonus room are nut.

Phase 13
plan 1, 2213 sqft = 1.647M (conservartory included)
plan 2, 2639 sqft = 1.763M ?conservartory included)
plan 3?3024 sqft = 1.934M ?Bonus room included + conservartory not an option)

Phase 14B
plan 1, 2213 sqft = 1.67M
plan 2, 2639 sqft = 1.87M ?conservartory included)
plan 3?2638 sqft = 1.948M

Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

Phase 15A:
Plan 1 (no conservatory): 1.851M
Plan 3 (no conservatory): 2.088M

Phase 15B:
Plan 2 (conservatory + 5th bedroom): 2.235M
Plan 3 (conservatory + bonus room): 2.426M (Large lot)

Phase 16:
Plan 1 (conservatory): 1.995M
Plan 2 (conservatory): 2.379M (Large lot)
Plan 3 (no conservatory): 2.231M

Looking at plan 3 (no conservatory), the price increased by another 140K since phase 15A? I thought the market is cooling down?

Phase 17:
Plan 1 (2389 sqft): 2.089M
Plan 2 (conservatory): 2.3M (not included in this release)
Plan 3 (3024 sqft): 2.363M

Phase 18:
Plan 1 (2389 sqft): 2.09M
Plan 2 (2639 sqft, with conservatory): 2.22M
Plan 3 (2638 sqft): 2.286M

Attachments

• FRESCO EW EXT SP w PHASES.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
huuur said:
Phase 14C
Plan2, 2944 sqft, 3951 sqft lot,  price = $2.113M (including conservetory + bonus room)
Plan3, 3024 sqft, 3951 sqft lot, price = $2.166M  (including bonus room, conservertory not an option)

Phase 15A:

Phase 15B:

Phase 16:

Looking at plan 3 (no conservatory), the price increased by another 140K since phase 15A? I thought the market is cooling down?

I think Model 3+ has bonus room included. If not, that is way too expensive. $2.23m + $120k(loft) = $2.35m 😤

Danimal said:
huuur said:
Phase 14C

Phase 15A:

Phase 15B:

Phase 16:

I think Model 3+ has bonus room included. If not, that is way too expensive. $2.23m + $120k(loft) = $2.35m 😤

I don't think so.  Plan 3 in phase 14C has bonus room and no conservatory and it's 3024 sq ft. This one is 2638 sq ft, so it should be no bonus room and no conservatory.

huuur said:
Phase 14C

Phase 15A:

Phase 15B:

Phase 16:

Yes, I was surprised too but seems like there are still some buyers out there who are not price sensitive (specially those with Bay Area price expectations). Even if they aren?t many, the limited inventory makes them enough to keep the prices going

Yousr said:
huuur said:
Phase 14C

Phase 15A:

Phase 15B:

Phase 16:

Yes, I was surprised too but seems like there are still some buyers out there who are not price sensitive (specially those with Bay Area price expectations). Even if they aren?t many, the limited inventory makes them enough to keep the prices going

This is just phrase 16 price sheet. I am not sure if any of the homes has been reserved yet. With a long pre approval list, IP must be confident they can sell these homes.

We managed to close escrow yesterday. It was an exhausted marathon. Everything happened on one day. Our lender Bofa didnt sent over the loan to FA until the night b4 COE. FA had to scramble getting loan docs ready in the morning then sent a notary person over our home for signatures in the afternoon. My wife is an accountant  with her keen eyes so she caught a typo in our Trust name on the Deed and few other places so we had to inform Bofa and FA to fix the docs. Dont know how my wife was able to catch the error under a mountain of paperworks. That took another 1 hr.

Two hour later, we managed to wire the down payment to FA. Then we hopped over to the new home to go over the issue list. IP pretty much fixed 80% of the issue and will have the rest addressed in next couple of days.

By 4:30, Deed was recorded by the county and we got the home keys. It?s been a long 10 month journey from start to finish. 8)

Danimal said:
We managed to close escrow yesterday. It was an exhausted marathon. Everything happened on one day. Our lender Bofa didnt sent over the loan to FA until the night b4 COE. FA had to scramble getting loan docs ready in the morning then sent a notary person over our home for signatures in the afternoon. My wife is an accountant  with her keen eyes so she caught a typo in our Trust name on the Deed and few other places so we had to inform Bofa and FA to fix the docs. Dont know how my wife was able to catch the error under a mountain of paperworks. That took another 1 hr.

Two hour later, we managed to wire the down payment to FA. Then we hopped over to the new home to go over the issue list. IP pretty much fixed 80% of the issue and will have the rest addressed in next couple of days.

By 4:30, Deed was recorded by the county and we got the home keys. It?s been a long 10 month journey from start to finish. 8)

Congrats!!!

Danimal said:

Congrats on the new house. Was curious about the interest rate situation now (only if you? feel comfortable sharing that info). Were you able to lock in a reasonable interest rate a while back, or did you wait till you?re closer to the closing date risking the potential higher rates

Does anyone know if homeowners are allowed to install Ring doorbells, or would that be considered modification of exterior and requires HOA approval?

OCPricedOut said:
Does anyone know if homeowners are allowed to install Ring doorbells, or would that be considered modification of exterior and requires HOA approval?

Requires HOA approval as do all exterior facing modifications.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCPricedOut said:

This has become the standard, minimum security feature for homes nowaday that HOA approval is not neccessary. It isn't the same as painting your housing pink and not formally request prior to getting the work done.

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCPricedOut said:

This has become the standard, minimum security feature for homes nowaday that HOA approval is not neccessary. It isn't the same as painting your housing pink and not formally request prior to getting the work done.

I asked IP customer service and he said that if Ring and security cameras are same/similar colors to the exterior walls, it should be ok.

Back