Fresco @ Eastwood Village

TestingIrvine said:
Danimal said:
Does Eastwood HOA allow satellite disc?

Tia

I see some in Eastwood. I think it depends on your specific condo HOA if it?s a condo, not the Eastwood HOA

The ones you see are from SFR?
It?s for Fresco home.  There is no other HOA aside Eastwood one since it?s a SFR.

Are the new constructions homes in Fresco plan 1x, 2x and 3x appraising to the purchase price ? Or are the bank appraisals falling short.
Information on this would be helpful. TIA

SM said:
Are the new constructions homes in Fresco plan 1x, 2x and 3x appraising to the purchase price ? Or are the bank appraisals falling short.
Information on this would be helpful. TIA

Just had mine appraised by Bofa lender. It?s $10k over final purchase price. I think this kind of appraisal is procedural for loan paperwork but nothing more. The comps are 3 or 4 houses with recent sold prices at least $300k above my final purchase price.

If the same appraiser do later phrases with the same principals, estimated home values definitely will be less than purchase prices.

We just had out final walkthrough inspection with Kyle from IP. In general, he is very accommodating.  Great guy. Everything is great. We found few cosmetic things like crack stucco, paint chips, crack drywalls, water circulation switch not turn on? which Kyle said IP will fix.  We took our time, turned on every water faucet, flushed every toilet, check every light?The main thing is to listen to instructions on how to use devices in the home.

We also hired Steve. I am glad we did. He showed up on time. He was doing this thing outside w/o interrupting us.Steve found things that we missed like cabinet soft close, outlet not securely tight, holes through ceiling lights and many things. We ran the dishwasher and Steve found little leak. That?s right there is totally worth the money.  He checked the roof, attic, hard to get places.  He will send me the final report as soon as he has it.  We were very impressed with the things he found even we went through the same area earlier and missed. Amazing guy. He will definitely be my home inspector from now on.

To answer a member: IP allows buyer to come and  bring inspector on final walkthrough.  You just have to let construction manager know ahead of time. I had to book Steve in advance and luckily he was available.

We had our final walkthrough yesterday. Sales lady told us to expect 1-1.5 hours, but we ended up taking almost 2.5 hours.

My wife was very thorough with cosmetic checks, so there are lots of little things that need to be fixed.

Overall, my wife was very satisfied with how things turned out, especially with all the upgrades we chose. She was extremely nervous before the walkthrough, but everything, including the combination of the upgrades, was up to her expectations.

Our loan was approved and sent to escrow. We're expecting to sign the loan tomorrow. Very excited to finally get the keys.  ;D

huuur said:
Sounds exciting! Who is this Steve guy? Is he specializing on new home inspection?

Steve is the third party inspector from Bilt Rite.  His final report covers lots of things normal buyer like me would not find like chipped tile roof, missing fire sprinklers near furnace in the attic, missing thermal expansion tank?

I forward the punch list to IP construction manager. Hopefully they get them fixed before COE or I?ll delay it until they address the issues.

CalBears96 said:
We had our final walkthrough yesterday. Sales lady told us to expect 1-1.5 hours, but we ended up taking almost 2.5 hours.

My wife was very thorough with cosmetic checks, so there are lots of little things that need to be fixed.

Overall, my wife was very satisfied with how things turned out, especially with all the upgrades we chose. She was extremely nervous before the walkthrough, but everything, including the combination of the upgrades, was up to her expectations.

Our loan was approved and sent to escrow. We're expecting to sign the loan tomorrow. Very excited to finally get the keys.  ;D

Congratulations! I like the part of Eastwood where Fresco is a lot.

irviniteeee said:
CalBears96 said:

Thanks, but I bought Bluffs 2 at PS. Just replying in this thread because we were talking about walkthrough.  ;D

Question for Fresco owner, does your garage have a thermal expansion tank for tankless water heater?

Read online that tankless water heater with on demand hot water circulation should have one.

I just want to make sure that IP contractor didnt forget to install one for mine.

Thanks,

Danimal said:
huuur said:
Sounds exciting! Who is this Steve guy? Is he specializing on new home inspection?

Steve is the third party inspector from Bilt Rite.  His final report covers lots of things normal buyer like me would not find like chipped tile roof, missing fire sprinklers near furnace in the attic, missing thermal expansion tank?

I forward the punch list to IP construction manager. Hopefully they get them fixed before COE or I?ll delay it until they address the issues.

I don?t believe there is anything that can delay closing at this point. Any cosmetic issues that don?t prohibit the buyer from occupying the property and functioning normally while living in it will not qualify as sufficient reason for an escrow delay. All other unaddressed issues they will commit to fixing after closing.

On a different note, the entry level plan 1 now is at $2M with conservatory included. High interest rates or not, these homes still sell at a rate of one/week and the price hikes keep chugging along with it.

Yousr said:
I don?t believe there is anything that can delay closing at this point. Any cosmetic issues that don?t prohibit the buyer from occupying the property and functioning normally while living in it will not qualify as sufficient reason for an escrow delay. All other unaddressed issues they will commit to fixing after closing.

You don?t think not meeting code is a good enough reason to delay closing? The missing sprinkler in the attic looks like a pretty big reason to delay for me?

marmott said:
Yousr said:

You don?t think not meeting code is a good enough reason to delay closing? The missing sprinkler in the attic looks like a pretty big reason to delay for me?

What meets code or not gets to be a bit subjective. In my case, IP didn't agree with one of Steve's finding stating in this particular case Steve was referring to an outdated code...And IP is not going to delay closing for findings on Steve's report alone because per IP they have already got the home inspected by the city.

When I bought Petaluma new construction in 2018, the fit and finish was so much better than Fresco. I have stopped noticing small annoying things that should have been take care of at the time of construction...now too late.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
marmott said:
Yousr said:

What meets code or not gets to be a bit subjective. In my case, IP didn't agree with one of Steve's finding stating in this particular case Steve was referring to an outdated code...And IP is not going to delay closing for findings on Steve's report alone because per IP they have already got the home inspected by the city.

When I bought Petaluma new construction in 2018, the fit and finish was so much better than Fresco. I have stopped noticing small annoying things that should have been take care of at the time of construction...now too late.

I can live with cosmetic issue but not safety issue. Missing fire sprinkler is a problem. Now if IP rep said it?s an old code and they have done other thing to mitigate the risk then I am okay with it. The point is to force IP logging these issues and if something happens, they will be on the hook.

CalBears96 said:
irviniteeee said:
CalBears96 said:

Thanks, but I bought Bluffs 2 at PS. Just replying in this thread because we were talking about walkthrough.  ;D

Oh whoops  ;D. Well congrats either way!

Danimal said:
Question for Fresco owner, does your garage have a thermal expansion tank for tankless water heater?

Read online that tankless water heater with on demand hot water circulation should have one.

I just want to make sure that IP contractor didnt forget to install one for mine.

Thanks,

If you are referring to the missing thermal expansion tank and valve brought up by Steve in his inspection report, Kyle told
me they are not needed for our tankless water heater which is an open system as opposed to closed systems that need it. I checked online and found the following link confirming what he said:
https://homeinspectioninsider.com/tankless-water-heater-expansion-tank/

And yes for the fire-sprinklers he mentioned they used to be a requirement but not anymore. I love Steve but sometimes he?s outdated or extra conservative. With the exception of these two things, the rest of his report was o spot on

Back