Few new listings coming soon...

You can say or write whatever you want. If I were you, I would have apologized for using the term "condwich" for being inaccurate and for a mocking tone, but if that's not you, then you are who you are which is fine also. Maybe I shouldn't care as much about others' homes.

well.. I pretty much bought a Condwich as USCTrojan can testify...  and can't really say I take any offense to it.

The thing is, at the current rate rent is increasing in Irvine.. buying a condo now will probably be cheaper than renting in just one to two years.

Even if it's not ideal , it's better than getting screwed by rent in a year or two.

It honestly feels like the large rental companies are conspiring renters to keep renting <.<

Innosint said:
well.. I pretty much bought a Condwich as USCTrojan can testify...  and can't really say I take any offense to it.

The thing is, at the current rate rent is increasing in Irvine.. buying a condo now will probably be cheaper than renting in just one to two years.

Even if it's not ideal , it's better than getting screwed by rent in a year or two.

It honestly feels like the large rental companies are conspiring renters to keep renting <.<

That?s what I keep on sayin.

Mety said:
You can say or write whatever you want. If I were you, I would have apologized for using the term "condwich" for being inaccurate and for a mocking tone, but if that's not you, then you are who you are which is fine also. Maybe I shouldn't care as much about others' homes.

So judgy today... did you not have enough milk for your cereal this morning?

Why don't you get on eyephone for mocking morekaos every other post?

Innosint said:

Good on you and thanks for not feeling offended. This is the internet and we should all have some perspective on having fun with things.

Everyone starts somewhere... my first home was almost a condwich in Irvine... but ended up with an SFR outside of Irvine. Once we had enough equity, we were able to afford a non-condwich home in Irvine and I hope one day that will happen for you too.

And your testimony is why people buy.... even if some think you should wait for a slowdown. Good luck with your new home and welcome to Irvine and TI!!!

Innosint said:

It's good to know you're not offended. Maybe I should just stop caring on certain things.

So you live in Delano plan1? How do you like it? Any pros and cons?

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

So judgy today... did you not have enough milk for your cereal this morning?

Why don't you get on eyephone for mocking morekaos every other post?

I don't really follow all the posts from political threads so I can't really give much inputs. Besides, it's a political stuff. There is no one absolutely 100% right or 100% wrong. It's all relative. However while you think eyephone is mocking morekaos, maybe others might not see it that way. Certainly morekaos himself didn't seem offended or bothered by any of eyephone's comments. Did I see it wrong?

Anyways, sounds like maybe I have offended you, IHO. Sorry for being judgy. I'll try not to say anything so judgy anymore. However I still do think a word Condwich is a bit misleading since that unit's living space isn't really sandwiched.

nah, that's too much for my finance, I got something much cheaper. In some sense, even more of a sandwich than Delano.

The way it looks, if a person already has a place to live without paying rent, waiting for slowdown is probably a good idea, assuming your job isn't going to be heavy impacted.

However, back as a student, I never seem a major rental company decreased their rent through the entire recession. If rent is already barely affordable with little extra saving now, it will only get more difficult when the slow down hit.

winterblues said:
Just saw the Delano listing on Redfin--looks great! USCTrojanCPA--can I ask what staging company you use? They do an amazing job!

I use 2 staging companies to stage my vacant listings...Premier Staging and 1st Stage Property Transformation.

I'll have the following 2 new listings in the next few weeks...

A Bella Palermo attached 2bed/2bath carriage unit condo with about 1,100sf of living space in Lake Forest. The HOA is only $200/mo and no Mello Roos. It will be listed for around $450,000.

A Rowe Plan 1 attached 3bed/2.5bath condo with about 1,500sf of living space in Baker Ranch. The HOA is only $342/mo and no Mello Roos. It will be listed for around $680,000.

I know inventory is tight on the lower end so I figured I'd let everyone know that I have the 2 following listings come up in the next few weeks...

3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, a loft, and 1,626sf 2-level detached condo in Cypress Village (Jade Court Plan 3) priced in the mid $800s

2 bedroom, 2 bath, and 1,200sf attached carriage unit condo in Stonegate East (Santa Rosa Plan 3) priced just a hair under $600k

If you would like to get more information about either property please PM or email me.

I have the following 2 listings that'll be coming up in early to mid-February:

Jasmine Plan 3 in Cypress Village (Irvine) - a highly upgraded 3bed/2.5bath with 2,052sf detached condo on a premium corner lot with only one neighbor and pricing will be around $1.1m

The Mendocino in Terraces at Baker Ranch (Lake Forest) - a highly upgraded 5bed/4bath with 2,547sf home on a premium lot with no homes behind and pricing will be in the low $1.3m

If you would like to get more information about either home please PM or email me.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Jasmine Plan 3 in Cypress Village (Irvine) - a highly upgraded 3bed/2.5bath with 2,052sf detached condo on a premium corner lot with only one neighbor and pricing will be around $1.1m

This isn't meant to troll because I believe you can price to sell but jesus $1.1m for detached condo with just 3br? Is it time to sell my primary residence now?

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

This isn't meant to troll because I believe you can price to sell but jesus $1.1m for detached condo with just 3br? Is it time to sell my primary residence now?

No worries, that's just where the market is right now.  Did you see that a Trellis Court Plan 1 recently sold for $1.02m?  The buyers of my 2 Plan 3s that paid $1m got a bargain.  haha  Plus the home that I'll be listing is just as nicely upgraded as my 99 Island Coral with even a slightly better lot location.  There no much out on the market so it'll get a lot of eyes on it.  I'll set it up as a "coming soon" listing on MLS sometime this week once the seller decides which day they want the listing to go active.

irvinehomeowner said:
Yes, because Irvine prices are in so much pain right now.

- LiarLoan

I wonder if he'll still claim that he sold his rental property at the peak when the IE is on fire just like almost every other market in the US due to a low supply of inventory. 

Although some of my buyers and some on TI think that we are in a bubble, that is not what I am seeing.  First off, loans are fully underwritten today unlike the bubble days of 2003-2007 when you could get a loan if you could breathe and sign loan docs.  Second, most of the buyers (even outside of Irvine) are putting significant down payments so there many be some who are stretching but most all are not.  Lastly, when I see homes getting 5, 10, 20, or more offers that tells me there are a lot of buyers out there looking so even when we do get more inventory those homes will get purchased quickly.  I'd love to see more inventory on the market because it's brutal right now trying to get my sub $1m buyers a home in or outside of Irvine.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

No worries, that's just where the market is right now.  Did you see that a Trellis Court Plan 1 recently sold for $1.02m?  The buyers of my 2 Plan 3s that paid $1m got a bargain.  haha  Plus the home that I'll be listing is just as nicely upgraded as my 99 Island Coral with even a slightly better lot location.  There no much out on the market so it'll get a lot of eyes on it.  I'll set it up as a "coming soon" listing on MLS sometime this week once the seller decides which day they want the listing to go active.

Which is valued more Trellis Court 3 or Jasmine 3?

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Which is valued more Trellis Court 3 or Jasmine 3?

Good question....given that a Trellis Court Plan 4 closed for $1.15m recently I think that the Trellis Court Plan 3 and Jasmine Plan 3 would trade around the same price of $1.1m +/- (with adjustments to premium lot locations and upgrades in the home). 

Back