EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Comparing a community 25 miles inland and 35 feet above sea level to Fort Myers is ridiculous ;D :mad: >:D

AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:

CNN??talk about an unrealizable source! Try harder.

Let's see, CNN, people have heard of.  At least post stuff from Fox.

AmericanThinker?  Some of their articles:
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/organizations/american-thinker/
The one on Doritos, lol

Holy shit! Someone who uses Daily Fail as source complains about CNN as unreliable source.

Troll harder, moretroll.

we're not the ones posting random fear posts in large bold purple fonts
>:D 8) ;D ;) :) :p ::)

AW said:

Fear posts? I?m not posting fear posts, the market will correct all of the stuff. I?m posting about the stupidity of this trend, there?s a difference.

What is stupid in this thread? It was a poll and based on the numbers... quite a large percentage are choosing EV.

Don't cry because you're wrong.

The whole climate charade is based on fear, I have great faith in human beings because self interest and greed will swing things back the other way, it?s inevitable. Heck, Oregon is about to get a Republican governor. Who?d have thunk? ;D ;D >:D

See... this is where you make your "stupid" assumptions.

Going EV is not just about climate... they are more efficient, less noisy, more convenient and less maintenance.

You talk from the side of ignorance because you refuse to learn anything about the benefits of EVs, that's why stuff you say (on this and other topics) is worthless most of the time. You should stick with finance.

morekaos said:
AW said:

Fear posts? I?m not posting fear posts, the market will correct all of the stuff. I?m posting about the stupidity of this trend, there?s a difference.

This isn't the first time that you post fear of EV, being stuck and stranded in a hurricane, it's like deja vu, we've said it's not like your bronco will magically run with gas stations being out also on major outages

it's ok, some people fear change, but you'll get over it, step out of the bowling alley and see all the colorful rainbow (and unicorns)  >:D :-\ :-[ 8)

irvinehomeowner said:

Going EV is not just about climate... they are more efficient, less noisy, more convenient and less maintenance.

You talk from the side of ignorance because you refuse to learn anything about the benefits of EVs, that's why stuff you say (on this and other topics) is worthless most of the time. You should stick with finance.

If all that is true then why can?t they compete in the market without massive subsidies and mandates from the government?

morekaos said:
The whole climate charade is based on fear, I have great faith in human beings because self interest and greed will swing things back the other way, it?s inevitable. Heck, Oregon is about to get a Republican governor. Who?d have thunk? ;D ;D >:D

yep, like IHO said, it's more than just about climate, I like the convenience factor of it all, fully charge at home, don't need to wait and smell gas at the pump, no oil change, tune ups, etc, time saved = winning. 

It's funny how you turn everything political, it's like you're trying to sell sand at the beach... people here care more about real estate (and not in long beach)

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If all that is true then why can?t they compete in the market without massive subsidies and mandates from the government?

ah yes, let's rehash:

Trillions on fossil fuel subsidies:
https://e360.yale.edu/digest/fossil-fuels-received-5-9-trillion-in-subsidies-in-2020-report-finds
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesellsmoor/2019/06/15/united-states-spend-ten-times-more-on-fossil-fuel-subsidies-than-education/

Convenience? Most modern gas powered cars don?t really require servicing till you hit the 100k spot. Convenience is gassing up in 10 minutes as opposed to spending thousands for an in home charge station that takes hours to fill up. Costs are not crippling like replacing a $10k platter of batteries then figuring out how to dispose of the toxic mess, Or shelling out $60k just to buy in. Yah, EVs are awesome!

morekaos said:
Convenience? Most modern gas powered cars don?t really require servicing till you hit the 100k spot. Convenience is gassing up in 10 minutes as opposed to spending thousands for an in home charge station that takes hours to fill up. Costs are not crippling like replacing a $10k platter of batteries then figuring out how to dispose of the toxic mess, Or shelling out $60k just to buy in. Yah, EVs are awesome!

LOL. 
I wait about 0.  That?s convenience. 

AW said:
morekaos said:

LOL. 

So did you skip charging when the boy king told you not to?

I can?t eat a whole cow.

I can butcher it and put it in the freezer and over the coarse of a year eat a whole cow.

Even better, I band together with four other people, we each put a 1/4 cow in the freezer and enjoy our beef when we want and eat the other things when we want.

And every year we eat a whole cow.  And a pig, maybe two.  Small army of chickens.  And some fish.

Plus lots of veggies.

morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:
LOL. 

So did you skip charging when the boy king told you not to?

No, I have solar.  From the sun straight to the car.  No strain on the grid
:-[ >:D :-\

Back