EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
morekaos bad reading comprehension again... Tesla is not there yet but is on the *verge*... and I did say *CAR*. Also, you are using a February article?
https://electrek.co/2022/08/05/tesla-model-y-on-track-worlds-best-selling-car/

Tesla revealed that Model Y is on track to be the world?s highest-selling car by revenue this year, and it will likely be the best-selling vehicle by total volume next year.

It?s already the world?s best-selling electric car.

Can't get pricing right, can't get sales numbers right.

You do know how to use the Internet don't you?

Chasing unicorns and rainbows makes you dizzy doesn?t it. The real world operates in reality not some utopian dream. We?re currently suffering real pain from stupid and shortsighted bureaucratic decisions based on those dreams. And no electric car is going to change that

The ESG Bubble Is Bursting
Politicizing investment decisions was never a good idea?especially for public pensions.

The current market and political turmoil have now thrown cold water on two investment trends that never made much sense: cryptocurrency, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) funds. But while crypto?s future remains unclear, ESG is losing fans by the day. Even some who like the idea of investing in pet causes are expressing concerns that ESG doesn?t live up to its principles and is ?green-washing? corporations that do, in their estimation, bad things.
https://www.city-journal.org/esg-bubble-is-bursting

morekaos said:
That?s all well and good for everybody who owns a home but what about the majority of people who don?t and rent? Where do they charge their $60,000.00 Tesla?

So tired of this trite brain dead argument.  Do apartment have a gas station in them to fuel?

The food court near the apartments between me and freeway installed 16 Level 3 chargers.  Albertson two blocks from it installed another 8 Level 3 chargers and making room for 8 more.  The other little restaurant complex has added 4 more. The office building with some private college thing has 4 in the parking garage and 4 more paid Level 3 chargers in the  lot. 

There's already 3x the number of chargers as gas pumps between me and the freeway.  Not counting the free charger spots at employers, Target, etc.

Reality bites! ;D ;D >:D

California EV drivers mock warning not to charge up during heatwave after state announced 2035 ban on gas cars - as Gov. Gavin Newsom LIFTS emissions limits on fossil-fuel power plants to boost electricity supply.

California regulators faced backlash over warning to limit EV charging
EV drivers were warned not to charge cars between 4 and 9pm through Tuesday
It comes just days after the state passed a ban on gas cars starting in 2035
State electricity grid is being taxed to the limit by an extreme heatwave
Gov. Newsom temporarily lifted pollution controls on fossil-fuel power plants
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...drivers-mock-warning-not-charge-heatwave.html

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:
That?s all well and good for everybody who owns a home but what about the majority of people who don?t and rent? Where do they charge their $60,000.00 Tesla?

So tired of this trite brain dead argument.  Do apartment have a gas station in them to fuel?

The food court near the apartments between me and freeway installed 16 Level 3 chargers.  Albertson two blocks from it installed another 8 Level 3 chargers and making room for 8 more.  The other little restaurant complex has added 4 more. The office building with some private college thing has 4 in the parking garage and 4 more paid Level 3 chargers in the  lot. 

There's already 3x the number of chargers as gas pumps between me and the freeway.  Not counting the free charger spots at employers, Target, etc.

Does make you wonder why a person that claims to live in long beach with a yacht, and a 30 year old gas guzzler, posting fear in bold purple and large font in a message board of a city with alot of ev's, residences with solar, public charging spots. 

Maybe they fear change, fear of rainbow unicorns while congregating in a bowling alley (too lazy to queue pleasantville clip)...

I don?t fear it?it will never happen. It?s why Unicorns don?t and never will exist?and no legislation or wishing will conjure them into reality. it?s not real. I live in realsville not pleasantville. What is real is beer on the water?have a warm evening. ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
I don?t fear it?it will never happen. It?s why Unicorns don?t and never will exist?and no legislation or wishing will conjure them into reality. it?s not real. I live in realsville not pleasantville. What is real is beer on the water?have a warm evening. ;D ;D >:D

lol, that's why you keep on posting fear from your tabloid sites.

don't worry though, alot of people fear change (like maybe step into the realsville car dealership and see what has changed from your 30 year old vehicle)

Toyota late to the EV party like morekaos, not only building new battery factories in the US but converting ICE engine factories in Japan to battery ones:
https://electrek.co/2022/09/02/toyota-will-convert-japanese-engine-plants-to-build-batteries/

Japanese automaker Toyota continues to delve deeper into a Bizarro-mirrored universe in which it actually (sort of) behaves like an EV automaker. Following news earlier this week in which the EV laggards laid out an $5.6 billion investment plan to build batteries, Toyota is already making moves to convert two engine and powertrain plants near its Japanese headquarters to produce EV batteries instead.

Who is this Toyota brand, and what have they done with the hybrid-hugging, gas huffing automaker we?ve not so subtly been calling out the past six years?

It feels like just last week we were challenging claims by Toyota North America?s executive vice president that there isn?t enough EV demand in the US? oh, wait that was last week. Despite those comments in the US, Toyota HQ in Japan has pulled its head out of the sand in a push to further EV production? well, batteries at least.

Earlier this week, Toyota announced a $5.6 billion push to expand EV battery production in Japan and the US, which includes an additional $2.5 billion investment in its North Carolina plant.

The fresh funds follow Toyota?s initial $1.29 billion investment in US batteries announced last year, bringing the total amount funneled into the Liberty, North Carolina plant up to $3.8 billion. During the announcement, senior vice president, unit manufacturing and engineering at Toyota Motor North America Norm Bafunno said the following:

This plant will serve a central role in Toyota?s leadership toward a fully electrified future and will help us meet our goal of carbon neutrality in our vehicles and global operations by 2035.

US production of batteries is expected to begin in 2025 and the plant will of course also build hybrids (there?s the Toyota we know). Back in Japan, however, Toyota is being extra daring by announcing it will transition two engine and powertrain plants to build EV batteries instead.

Toyota had been saying that EV demand is not high enough for them to warrant electrifying their entire lineup (although other makers are doing that)... but they finally stopped listening to morekaos and now understand where we are heading.

Trump on EVs:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1566222102180528128

He's just like morekaos... misinformation and doesn't know the technology.
https://electrek.co/2022/09/05/donald-trump-nonsensical-rant-electric-cars/

While Trump says that he wasn?t pushing for electric vehicles during his term in office, he was perfectly willing to take credit when US automakers made large investments to build electric vehicles in the US.

Also, in 2020, Trump said, ?I?m all for electric cars,? and even added, ?I?ve given big incentives to electric cars,? taking credit for Obama-era EV incentives.

But it sounds like Trump is not ?all for electric cars? anymore after mocking the Biden administration for ?going all-electric.? His rant also included a lot of misinformation about EVs.

And as the article says,Trump claimed he was for EVs in his 2020 debate with Biden:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/29/trump-on-electric-cars-obama-era-ev-tax-credit/

President Donald Trump claimed support for electric cars during the presidential debate with former Vice President Joe Biden and appeared to take credit for the federal EV tax credit implemented during the Obama administration.

The first presidential debate of the 2020 election was held tonight, and while it?s not something that we would normally cover, there was a small item about our industry: electric vehicles.

When talking about climate change, President Trump refused to acknowledge the climate crisis and instead focused only on air and water quality.

However, he also briefly mentioned that he supports electric cars:

I?m all for electric cars.

Then Trump quickly claimed:

I?ve given big incentives to electric cars.

It?s unclear which EV incentives he is referring to since the only federal incentive is an IRS tax credit for plug-in and all-electric vehicles.

Now I know EVs are here to stay if both Trump and morekaos are against them. :)

Edit: Typos

Yes, coal powered cars are here to stay ;D ;D >:D

West Virginia coal miners help tourists push their dead electric car
The tourist's electric vehicle broke down a few miles from a vacation destination in West Virginia

Since the plastic underside of the vehicle prevented it from being towed, the miners decided to push it to the coal mine to charge up.
"So here are 5 coal miners pushing a battery car to the coal mine to charge up," wrote Smith, noting that you can see the coal stockpile and loadout in the background.

"This just shows you coal miners are good people and will go out of their way to help anyone friend or foe," Smith said. "I?m honestly glad they ended up here where they could get some help because they couldn?t get a tow truck and this is out in the middle of nowhere."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...l-miners-help-tourists-push-dead-electric-car

It is more a quality issue as this can happen to any vehicle. But the most green energy is human?bike to work should be encouraged (if the last mile is covered by a chauffeured ride in a black SUV, just make sure you do it in a more discrete location)

morekaos said:
Yes, coal powered cars are here to stay ;D ;D >:D

West Virginia coal miners help tourists push their dead electric car
The tourist's electric vehicle broke down a few miles from a vacation destination in West Virginia

Since the plastic underside of the vehicle prevented it from being towed, the miners decided to push it to the coal mine to charge up.
"So here are 5 coal miners pushing a battery car to the coal mine to charge up," wrote Smith, noting that you can see the coal stockpile and loadout in the background.

"This just shows you coal miners are good people and will go out of their way to help anyone friend or foe," Smith said. "I?m honestly glad they ended up here where they could get some help because they couldn?t get a tow truck and this is out in the middle of nowhere."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...l-miners-help-tourists-push-dead-electric-car

Lithium mining in Canada:
https://electrek.co/2022/09/06/snow-lake-lithium-electric-mine-power-5-million-evs-in-north-america/

Although it has only explored 1% of its 55,000 acre site in Canada, carbon-conscious mining company Snow Lake Lithium believes it can enable a massive domestic supply of the chemical element to EV automakers when it begins commercial mining. The company expects its all-electric mine to source enough lithium to power up to 500,000 EVs in North America each year, which could prove vital in the US as the automotive industry shifts its supply chains domestically in order to qualify for revised federal tax credits.

Snow Lake Resources Ltd. ($LTIM) is a publicly traded mining company looking to source precious battery materials differently. The company has already made a commitment to provide completely traceable, carbon-neutral, and zero harm lithium to the EV and battery market in North America by utilizing hydro-electric power and zero emission mining machinery.

There's batteries in them Canadian hills... ey.

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
The California Court Company said:
Anyone received the text alert that rolling blackout might be coming?

Yeah, I got a text saying that it may occur unless we reduce power usage.

Got the same text in Tustin Ranch.

Crank up the AC and charge that Tesla..force these morons to build more power plants instead of chasing Unicorns and Rainbows.

Shut down nuclear plants? Check.
Push solar and wind infrastructure that can?t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.
Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.
The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

But it does have much to do with ?California?s Potemkin Environmentalism:? No State Imports More Electricity Than California.

Even during the Schwarzenegger era, Max Schultz of City Journal, who coined the above phrase, noted that California?s ?celebrated green economy produces pollution elsewhere, ongoing power shortages, and business-crippling costs.? And California?s man-made energy woes have only gotten worse since.

Back