EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
morekaos said:
Yeah?that?s what they said about the new paradigm of investing in daytrading in the late 90s, real estate investing in the early 2000s, (remember nouveau riche?), about the pot industry in the mid-2000?s, and cryptocurrency as of late? The majority of people involved blew themselves to shreds chasing those unicorns and rainbows. I?ll stick to old-school stick in the mud anytime.

Really? Comparing investment trends to technology evolution isn't helping you. Just shows how little you know about technology trends. Again, you were probably anti-Internet and anti-smartphones too.

morekaos said:
And by the way Tesla is down 21% year to date?great investment! The idealist crowd always gets pummeled by the realists eventually. Gravity is a funny thing.

What is TSLA compared to when you called for their doom? Yeah... context is king.

And just so you know, many EV owners use TOU pricing and charge after 9pm when the grid is less taxed (because that's when sweet electricity is cheapest)... or they Powerwalled their extra energy during peak solar times and use that. Push more people to use solar and that could help the grid.

It's okay... one day you might learn something useful.

Until then... enjoy the mud.

lol @ purple font, I'd take a modern day EV over a 30 year old vehicle

http://www.fordproblems.com/models/bronco/generations/4/

Cherry picking data, let's see TSLA according to google finance $275 today, back in July 2010 it was adjusted at $1.28
Ford is $15.24 today and 2010 adjusted, around $8

So instead of living with a yacht in long beach, you could've had a mega yacht and private jet living in Newport!

I despise Newport Beach, wouldn?t live there if you gave me a house, I?d sell it and move somewhere else. As far as TSLA is concerned, I have never said I was long or short the stock, I trade through it and have many times. It?s fools like you guys that keep me in business and on yachts. ;D ;D >:D

Fools and their ideological money are invariably ?..

Spike in U.K. energy prices push cost of running EVs above gas-powered cars

With British electricity prices climbing and gasoline at roughly $7.40 per gallon, the owner of a $40,000 electric Kia Niro would spend more than $100 more to travel 400 miles than the owner of a $26,000 gas-powered Kia Sportage, according to an analysis by the Royal Automobile Club, the British equivalent of the AAA.

A $71,000 Jaguar I-PACE would cost nearly $115 more to go 400 miles than its gas-powered equivalent, the $52,000 Jaguar F-PACE.
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/31/electric-shock-spike-uk-energy-prices-push-cost-ru/

morekaos said:
I despise Newport Beach, wouldn?t live there if you gave me a house, I?d sell it and move somewhere else. As far as TSLA is concerned, I have never said I was long or short the stock, I trade through it and have many times. It?s fools like you guys that keep me in business and on yachts. ;D ;D >:D

This is what some "fool" said about Tesla:

morekaos said:
Mark my words..that company will COLLAPSE.

TSLA was about $10/share in August 2013.

Where is it now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYQNtF11eg

morekaos said:

Tsk, tsk,... calling names now are we?

AW said:
morekaos said:

Tsk, tsk,... calling names now are we?

Oh?I?m sorry?I meant ESG ?investors??that just slipped out?my apologies.

At some point California/Newsom will also just provide vouchers for low income people to own Teslas for free right? Kind of like the cell phone program?

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

This is what some "fool" said about Tesla:

morekaos said:
Mark my words..that company will COLLAPSE.
TSLA was about $10/share in August 2013.

Where is it now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYQNtF11eg

Like I said, I don?t currently hold a long or short position on that stock but have many times in the past and always made money. But I traded through MCI, SUNW, and LU many times and they are not around anymore. Give it some time.

AW said:

Cherry picking data, let's see TSLA according to google finance $275 today, back in July 2010 it was adjusted at $1.28

So instead of living with a yacht in long beach, you could've had a mega yacht and private jet living in Newport!

Never had a problem with that 30-year-old truck, paid $3800 for it, restored it myself, now they?re routinely asking almost $20,000.  It?ll be on the road long after your Tesla battery fries. Could care less about cherry picking prices on Ford stock, I don?t own that either.  they?re blowing their own foot off with this EV pivot. Most car companies are garbage with the exception of Ferrari (RACE) and that is because that is not a car company. Bought that in the mid $30?s and still own it today.

morekaos said:
AW said:

Never had a problem with that 30-year-old truck, paid $3800 for it, restored it myself, now they?re routinely asking almost $20,000.  It?ll be on the road long after your Tesla battery fries. Could care less about cherry picking prices on Ford stock, I don?t own that either.  they?re blowing their own foot off with this EV pivot. Most car companies are garbage with the exception of Ferrari (RACE) and that is because that is not a car company. Bought that in the mid $30?s and still own it today.

paid 3800, restored it, and asking for 20k, that's pretty good, except for the unknown restoration cost...
https://gearandcylinder.com/the-cost-to-restore-an-early-bronco-with-charts/

"So, what does it cost to restore an early Bronco? The cost to restore an early Bronco will range between $15,000 ? $30,000 if you plan on doing the restoration yourself. If you have someone else restore it for you, your early Bronco restoration will cost between $35,000 ? $50,000 if it?s in medium condition."

I mean if the goal is to plunk down money on a car used as investment to resell, it's different than comparing a commuter car that we're comparing it to an EV

So battery will last about half million miles, yeah, most people by then would get a new car, and not carrying on an oldie and live in the pasthttps://www.slashgear.com/898619/heres-how-long-a-tesla-model-3-battery-will-actually-last/

RACE when it was mid $30's was feb 2016, closed at $195 now
TSLA in feb 2016 is $10, and closed at $275 now

The bronco was in great shape and i did not want to show it. It is an around town car and I?m into it for less than $8k total.  As for Race, price risk for that company is pretty close to 0 and i could care less. It?s a core position that I will
Probably never sell.

RACE will be the last ICE mfg standing - great stock and incredible timing on your part. They sell an engine sound that cannot be duplicated though they may be regulated into lower profitability. Tesla will eat the rest of them - too much of a head start with a truly visionary founder, one of the greatest American entrepreneurs ever. They?ve even locked up much of the raw materials on 10 yr contracts.

CA power grid is deficient of enough copper to carry the necessary coulombs - mandating personal solar + Powerwall investment. With 270 mid range in the M3 Perf (70 mph range) and the ubiquity of Tesla Superchargers between here and South OC we are off the grid and the pump and loving every minute of energy independence.

That?s all well and good for everybody who owns a home but what about the majority of people who don?t and rent? Where do they charge their $60,000.00 Tesla?

morekaos said:
Like I said, I don?t currently hold a long or short position on that stock but have many times in the past and always made money. But I traded through MCI, SUNW, and LU many times and they are not around anymore. Give it some time.

Typical double speak. You called for the collapse of Tesla in 2013... 9 years later and they are on the verge of having the top selling car in the world.

And you keep throwing that EVs are not affordable rhetoric around... EVs start at $26k now (Chevy Bolt) and have been less than $30k for years (Nissan Leaf) and this is without the Fed credit.

Stick and mud.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Typical double speak. You called for the collapse of Tesla in 2013... 9 years later and they are on the verge of having the top selling car in the world.

And you keep throwing that EVs are not affordable rhetoric around... EVs start at $26k now (Chevy Bolt) and have been less than $30k for years (Nissan Leaf) and this is without the Fed credit.
Stick and mud.

Not even close?and won?t be in our lifetimes?mostly gas guzzling trucks and SUV?s

Top 10 Best-Selling Cars, Trucks, and SUVs In The World 2022

10. HONDA CIVIC

9. TOYOTA HIGHLANDER

8. JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

7. NISSAN ROGUE

6. TOYOTA CAMRY

5. HONDA CR-V

4. TOYOTA RAV4

3. CHEVROLET SILVERADO

2. RAM PICKUP

1. FORD F-SERIES
https://top10archives.com/top-10-be... In,9 Toyota Highlander. ... 10 Honda Civic.

Well, according to forbes,
https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/best-selling-cars-suvs-and-pickups-of-2022-to-date/

snippets:

Significant Takeaways from the Top 20 List for the First Quarter of 2022:

Four In: Tesla Model Y; Tesla Model 3; Mazda CX-5; Honda CR-V.

That?s two electric vehicles from the same brand?almost certainly the first time two EVs were among the Top 20 Best Sellers in modern times. Plus, two compact crossover SUVs, the Mazda CX-5 and the Honda CR-V.

1. Ford F-Series, 140,701 sold, down 31.9%
2. Ram Pickup, 127,116 sold, down 15.7%
6. Tesla Model Y, 71,358 sold, up 86.8%
14. Tesla Model 3, 46,707 sold, up 122.6%
2021 Tesla Model 3

Sure trucks will be there, but some of those gas guzzling ones will slowly be replaced with the upcoming EV versions

Back