EV/Plug-in/Other vehicles

What type of alternative fuel car are you buying in the near future?

• All electric (EV) car, luxury over $50k like Tesla

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • EV car but lower priced less than $40k like Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Plug-in Hybrid (Chevy Volt, Kia Niro, Honda Clarity)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hydrogen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
morekaos said:
As far as my family and I need to. Additionally, the boat serves as a fallback position. It is mobile, shelter, warmth, water, food, energy and weapons.

yep, just like ev folks can go as far as they need to, as long as there's sunlight
sweet sweet renewable energy

AW said:
morekaos said:
As far as my family and I need to. Additionally, the boat serves as a fallback position. It is mobile, shelter, warmth, water, food, energy and weapons.

yep, just like ev folks can go as far as they need to, as long as there's sunlight

What if evacuation is at night?  ;D ;D >:D

For you muscle/sports car people... Dodge's EV Charger, the Banshee, concept has gearing (so if feels like it's switching gears) and even an eExhaust so you can hear rev sounds:
https://electrek.co/2022/08/17/dodge-shows-banshee-electric-charger-concept-an-ev-with-exhaust/

CN022_013DGd4u1jm0akce60kemasju087hub-e1660789858709.jpg

morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:

What if the evacuations are limited to size of vehicles and payload where you can't tow your 375 gallons?

sun will come up, this is talk irvine, not talk alaska during winter, then that's a little different

AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:

What if the evacuations are limited to size of vehicles and payload where you can't tow your 375 gallons?

When have they ever done that? Think a 1990 ford bronco would be well within any limit.

morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:

When have they ever done that? Think a 1990 ford bronco would be well within any limit.

when has the sun not come up?
most people with ev charge their car while at home so it's usually full enough to go where ever within their limits as well

portable solar is for topping off, not for charging the entire bank within a day, otherwise everyone will have one

i'd think you'd need more luck than ev owners tbh  ;D >:D :'(

http://www.fordproblems.com/models/bronco/generations/4/

irvinehomeowner said:
ChargePoint (CHPT) exceeds Q2 expectations, forecasts 100% YOY Q3 growth as EVs gain momentum
https://electrek.co/2022/08/30/chargepoint-exceeds-q2-expectations-forecasts-100-growth/

There's electrons in them hills!

Unicorns and rainbows? Fortunately, in the real world I?ll stick to good old fossil fuels. CHPT, down 24% year to date (with such a bright future )?Exxon mobile (xom)?, Up 57% year to date with a 5.5% cash dividend?.I like my trade a lot better. Any electrons in those hills are located in a lithium mine in China. ;D ;D >:D

My job is to be the right side of reality and the scoreboard is in dollars. Take a look at Wall Street darling BLNK. I shorted that last year made a bundle for my people. That is the right side of reality. Hopes and dreams rarely turn into dollars and cents. Just look at bed bath and beyond today.

Unicorns and rainbows

10 Facts Electric Vehicle Advocates Don't Want You to Know

1. EVs are powered by fossil fuels. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), fossil fuel-based power plants ? coal, oil, or natural gas ? create about 60% of the nation?s electrical grid, while nuclear power accounts for nearly 20%.
2. The batteries of EVs rely on cobalt. An estimated 70% of the global supply of cobalt emanates from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a country with deplorable working conditions, especially for children.
3. A study released earlier this year by an environmental group showed that nearly one-third of San Francisco?s electric charging stations were non-functioning. The population of San Francisco represents roughly two percent of California.
4. Supporters of the California law admit there will be a 40% increase in demand for electricity, adding further strain to the grid and requiring increased costs for power and infrastructure.
5. According to one researcher, the strain of adding an EV is similar to adding ?1 or 2 air conditioners? to your home, except an EV requires power year-round.
6. Today, 20 million American families, or one in six, have fallen behind on their electric bills, the highest amount ever.
7. Utility companies will need to add $5,800 in upgrades for every new EV for the next eight years in order to compensate for the demand for power. All customers will shoulder this cost.
8. The average price for an electric vehicle is currently $66,000, up more than 13% in just the last year, costing an average of $18,000 more than the average combustible engine. Meanwhile, the median household income is $67,521. For African American families, the average is $45,870, and for Hispanic households, $55,321.
9. A 2022 study found that the majority of EV charging occurs at home, leaving those who live in multi-family dwellings (apartments) at a real disadvantage for charging.
10. The same study also noted that many drivers charge their EVs overnight when solar power is less available on the grid.https://pjmedia.com/culture/marktap...icle-advocates-dont-want-you-to-know-n1625157

I'm sure there were lists like:

10 Facts Internet Advocates Don't Want You To Know
10 Facts Smartphone Users Don't Want You To Know
10 Facts About Electricity Thomas Edison Doesn't Want You To Know

Any emerging technology is going to have obstacles... but you look for solutions and don't focus on the problems and just stagnate.

Movement is life... you should remember that.

Stick in the mud.

Would love to see ?em. But instead of attacking a list Why don?t you try refuting anyone of those points. You can?t.  However for this situation I?ve got a simple  solution. Drill baby drill!

What do I need to refute? I have a response for every one of those items but talking to you (who has a limited understanding of technology) is futile so why waste my time?

And ss I said... of course there are issues... but as we move forward, they will go away.

Take my last list example... we did not have any infrastructure for electricity so I'm sure there were people who said it was unicorns and rainbows because how is everyone going to get it?

Or just like you were doubting Tesla... and now their cars are the among the best selling in the world.

Build it and they will come.

Stick in the mud.

Yeah?that?s what they said about the new paradigm of investing in daytrading in the late 90s, real estate investing in the early 2000s, (remember nouveau riche?), about the pot industry in the mid-2000?s, and cryptocurrency as of late? The majority of people involved blew themselves to shreds chasing those unicorns and rainbows. I?ll stick to old-school stick in the mud anytime.

And by the way Tesla is down 21% year to date?great investment! The idealist crowd always gets pummeled by the realists eventually. Gravity is a funny thing.

Don?t drive cause my ac is on full but it?s fun to drive my bronco with the top off when it?s warm like this? ;D ;D >:D

California goes haywire! Electric car owners are told NOT to charge their vehicles because of heatwave - just days after announcing 2035 ban on gas cars

Californians are being advised not to charge their electric cars between 4 and 9pm from Wednesday to Tuesday due to the excessive heatwave
They are also being advised to set their thermostats at 78 degrees or higher, avoid using large appliances, and turn off unnecessary lights
The move comes just weeks after the state passed a future ban on gas-powered cars by 2035
Officials have not said how they plan to deal with an overwhelmed power grid in the future as more electric vehicles hit the roads and charging ports
'It?s too soon to tell what the impacts of the 2035 ban will be,' Anna Gonzalez, of CA ISO, told DailyMail.com
California and the rest of the West is expected to deal with excessive temperature and prolonged heat as Labor Day weekend rolls through 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ge-electric-cars-just-weeks-ban-gas-cars.html

Back