Economy and Climate Change

We had a summer like they’re having, three summer ago? Remember the summer of the stalled high pressure were it was just way above average weeks on end.
That was in 2018. I was still living in Eastvale, and we had triple digits for more than 80 days that summer. My avocado tree finally gave me a couple of fruits and they burned to crisp. :cry:

I don't remember multiple days of triple digit heat in Orange County 3 years or in 2018.

And definitely not 80 days worth.

I would have moved to solar had that happened... but after this year's bills... definitely need to make the move.

You don’t remember last year? or 2020? Or 2017 Or tons of other times in the OC when we had similar summer heat wave weather?🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Temperature records set in Orange County over Labor Day weekend, heat wave continuing through Friday

SEPT. 6, 2022 5:09 PM PT

Meanwhile in coastal Orange County, Newport Beach recorded a high of 97 on Sunday — close, but not quite high enough to upend its previous record of 102 degrees set in 2017.

She noted a similar heat wave took place over Labor Day weekend in 2020.

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily...y-weekend-heat-wave-continuing-through-friday

I don't remember multiple days of triple digit heat in Orange County 3 years or in 2018.

And definitely not 80 days worth.

I would have moved to solar had that happened... but after this year's bills... definitely need to make the move.
Orange County did have multiple days of triple digits back in 2018, just not 80 days straight.

have not turned on the AC once this summer..I am begging my wife to turn it on at least once per year but she has too many potted plants around the AC unit and want me to move all of them..:oops:

What about some people saying they can now "create" weathers? I guess it is technically possible. Not sure how much they can alter the original weather though.

You don’t remember last year? or 2020? Or 2017 Or tons of other times in the OC when we had similar summer heat wave weather?
Were any of those multiple consecutive days of triple digit heat?

Although... before 2020, I was in-office... so maybe I didn't feel it.

They only say that to pay lip service, they really don’t care. And neither do I. Drill, baby drill! 🤷🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

Citation…

Study Finds Sun May Be Leading Cause of Global Warming

A new study by nearly two dozen scientists found that rising global temperatures may be caused by the sun, rather than carbon dioxide.

According to The Australian, a paper by 23 solar physics and climate science experts from 14 different countries, the 16 most prominent datasets of solar output show solar energy is more of a cause for global warming than carbon dioxide.

https://humanevents.com/2021/08/26/study-finds-sun-may-be-leading-cause-of-global-warming/

Last edited:
So since morekaos just throws any website out there:

• Overall, we rate Human Events Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks and writers who have failed numerous fact checks during their careers.

Granted, even mediabiasfactcheck.com might be biased, but I am focusing on the factual reporting aspect, morekaos has a track record of quoting unreliable sources.

Back