Economy and Climate Change

Sorry put that in the wrong thread…Just one huge scam….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

CEO of bankrupt rechargeable bus company retains post as an esteemed advisor to the Biden regime​

By Olivia Murray
I’m no financial guru, but I would think that someone who steered a private company into bankruptcy, despite receiving billions of taxpayer dollars to prop it up, probably isn’t the most qualified advisor on economic, fiscal, and trade issues—but Joe Biden seems to disagree.
Gareth Joyce is the CEO of Proterra, a company that manufactured rechargeable buses thanks to more than $8 billion in seed money given to it by the federal government, and one that declared bankruptcy this summer. But apparently, Joyce still finds gainful employment on our dime, thanks to Biden’s apparent mission to hire the most incompetent, unfit, and clownish cabinet in American history. (Sam Brinton, Karine Jean-Pierre, Richard Levine, etc.)
Joyce sits on what is known as the ITA, or the International Trade Administration, and according to a Washington Examiner report out today on the matter:
Under the International Trade Administration, the group ‘advises the President of government policies and programs that affect U.S. trade performance; promotes export expansion; and provides a forum for discussing and resolving trade-related problems among the business, industrial, agricultural, labor, and government sectors.’
If someone received billions of dollars, and stillcan’t keep a company afloat, then clearly their idea is terrible, or they blow at running a business—or realistically, probably both. If I were permitted to keep the money I earned, and invest it in ventures of my choosing, I would never sink my hard earned money into a venture that manufactured and sold highly temperamental rechargeable buses. They don’t run in the “extreme cold” or the “extreme heat,” which manifests as out-of-commission vehicles for a majority of the time… because “extreme cold” and “extreme heat” are really just normal temperatures. Some studies show that the very small window of performance is between 59 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a measly 27 degree range.
Furthermore, Proterra’s demise specifically presents like Solyndra under Barack Obama—for more on this, read a blog I wrote on the issue a few weeks back here.
Yet, thanks to a criminal and unconstitutional tax code, and corrupt politicians, I have no say whatsoever in who my seized wealth subsidizes.This is the modus operandi of the Establishment though—Jackass and Elephant alike— running political popularity contests while we foot the bill.
Would you be surprised to learn that Proterra was once recognized by the World Economic Forum as a “Technology Pioneer”? I didn’t think so.
Our government has been hijacked by anti-American interests and foreign operatives keen to sabotage the economic prosperity of America first… which is exactly why Joyce still has a place in Biden’s regime.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._an_esteemed_advisor_to_the_biden_regime.html

Just can’t repeal the laws of profit and losses…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

Blue state delivers crippling blow to green energy development, jeopardizing Biden's climate goals

Green energy group says decision puts offshore wind projects 'in serious jeopardy'​

New York's state government rejected requests from a group of offshore wind energy developers who asked to renegotiate existing contracts amid rising prices and inflation.

The New York State Public Service Commission (NYSPSC), the state's main regulator that oversees electric, gas and water utilities, issued the decision late last week, saying it would "preserve the robust competitive bidding process that provides critically needed renewable energy resources to New York." The energy developers had requested billions of dollars in additional taxpayer funding for four proposed offshore wind projects and 86 onshore green energy projects.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bl...development-jeopardizing-bidens-climate-goals

Biden admin faces pressure to drop electric vehicle mandate regulations: 'This is alarming'

'These rules amount to a de facto ban' on gas cars, top energy industry group writes​

A new report published by the Manhattan Institute threw cold water on the purported climate and cost benefits of electric vehicles (EVs) widely touted by lawmakers and automakers.

Overall, the rapid electrification of the U.S. transportation sector would increase consumer costs, make the electric grid more vulnerable to blackouts, threaten national security and may not even lead to fewer greenhouse gas emissions, according to the paper titled "Electric Vehicles for Everyone? The Impossible Dream" and authored by Manhattan Institute senior fellow Mark Mills.

https://media4.manhattan-institute....ehicles-for-everyone-the-impossible-dream.pdf

The energy developers had requested billions of dollars in additional taxpayer funding

Good! Let the developers lose their $$, not saddle the taxpayers with their cost over-runs. Just another 'heads I win/tails you lose' FU from the crony capitalists.

The energy developers had requested billions of dollars in additional taxpayer funding

Good! Let the developers lose their $$, not saddle the taxpayers with their cost over-runs. Just another 'heads I win/tails you lose' FU from the crony capitalists.
morekaos is okay with taxpayer funding as long as the energy is from oil. :)

Always miss quoting…I’ve been very clear that I am not supportive of any subsidies for any industry…pull them all. These subsidies, like Solyndra annd EV subsidies are a total waste of our taxpayers money in a pointless pursuit of 🦄🌈.

You are always misquoting your own links so now you know how it feels.

And you are not being truthful... "drill baby drill" will always have subsidies.

…. and I’ve been very vocal, pull them all they will still thrive, and oil prices in energy prices will come down.

“When the Tide Goes Out, You Find Out Who is Swimming Naked”🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

Solar stocks tumble to 3-year low as Solaredge drops 25% on demand warning

Solar stocks tumbled on Friday after solar product manufacturer SolarEdge warned that demand in Europe has significantly weakened, furthering battering sentiment on the renewable energy sector amid a difficult year.

Just a big scam like Covid emergency distributions…more taxpayer money to steal…

Biden administration’s green energy program under fire over potential for fraud, abuse

House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash. led the letter

The Inflation Reduction Act included $27 billion for the EPA to dole out via competitive grants for clean energy investments in low-income communities by September 2024. Watchdogs and lawmakers say that deadline for the money to be spent by next year could lead to significant waste and abuse

Historically, when federal agencies spend large sums of money on a deadline, later watchdog investigations have revealed questionable use of those funds. Recent reviews of COVID-era relief funds, for example, showed that billions of dollars went to purposes later derided by lawmakers.

“The EPA has no experience administering such a funding vehicle, referring to it is as ‘a first-of-its-kind” program,’” the letter adds.

This concern is not simply partisan. EPA Inspector General Sean O’Donnell testified before the Committee’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations about this problem earlier this year, saying the IRA carries "more risk of fraud, waste, and abuse than the [Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act]...”

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_804a203e-6ea0-11ee-b9be-2710b1cfa244.html

Not so sure... according to this (too morekaosy to fact check) oil is getting $7 trillion (with a T) in subsidies:

Nice made up number pulled out of Greta Thurnbergs butt….🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

The vast majority of subsidies are implicit, as environmental costs are often not reflected in prices for fossil fuels, especially for coal and diesel.

Our analysis shows that consumers did not pay for over $5 trillion of environmental costs last year. This number would be almost double if damage to the climate was valued at levels found in a recent study published in the scientific journal Nature instead of our baseline assumption that global warming costs are equal to the emissions price needed to meet Paris Agreement temperature goals.

Bought and paid for…the Boy King will shill for masks or EV’s from China…whichever they are making today…Scams go round and round…🤦🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

Gavin Newsom Pimps Chinese Electric Car Company BYD, the Same Company He Awarded a $1B Mask Contract

.@GavinNewsom gets behind the wheel of @BYDCompany’s newest vehicle & checks out the self turning mode.

It’s a hybrid, that drives itself and can also float on water.

Price starts at $160,000. Available now in China. They hope to bring them to America soon. @FOXLA pic.twitter.com/aOKXzaGLcz

— Elex Michaelson (@Elex_Michaelson) October 24, 2023

Great! With a $3,200 down payment and a new car loan at, say, 6.34 percent, your payment will be only $3200 - and that's without California sales tax. Then we have registration fees, some of which vary by county and city in the state. If you live in Santa Monica, you can expect to pay $17,357 in registration fees on top of that purchase price. THEN, figure out what you're going to pay to charge it - when there aren't rolling blackouts.

If you're still excited about this vehicle, perhaps because you believe Gavin's law about outlawing gas-powered vehicles sometime in the near future in California will actually come to pass, you then have to hope that it won't stall out when going uphill. That's the problem BYD's electric buses have historically had, including fleets provided to various California agencies. From a May 2018 Los Angeles Times investigative report:

Newsom's a continued fan, though. Since their electric vehicle business needed a little retooling, during the COVID-19 pandemic BYD switched to manufacturing PPE and landed a massive $1.4 billion contract with the State of California in April 2020. That contract was controversial because it was a no-bid contract, then BYD failed to get NIOSH certification in time and failed to deliver the masks as scheduled. Newsom could have canceled the contract due to that, but he didn't... he just wired them more money, and waited - while his state was locked down.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/202...ompany-he-awarded-a-1b-mask-contract-n2165480

More self-inflicted collapse in the foolish pursuit of unicorns and rainbows…the scam runs headlong into reality…🤦🏽‍♂️😂🦄🌈

Siemens Energy shares slide 33% after company seeks support from German government

· Shares of Siemens Energy tumbled more than 33% on Thursday afternoon after the company sought guarantees from the German government.

· The wind power giant made headlines earlier this year, when it scrapped its profit forecast and warned that major setbacks at wind turbine subsidiary Siemens Gamesa could drag on for years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/26/sie...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

More self-inflicted collapse in the foolish pursuit of unicorns and rainbows…the scam runs headlong into reality…🤦🏽‍♂️😂🦄🌈

Siemens Energy shares slide 33% after company seeks support from German government

· Shares of Siemens Energy tumbled more than 33% on Thursday afternoon after the company sought guarantees from the German government.

· The wind power giant made headlines earlier this year, when it scrapped its profit forecast and warned that major setbacks at wind turbine subsidiary Siemens Gamesa could drag on for years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/26/siemens-energy-shares-slide-32percent-after-company-seeks-support-from-german-government-.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail
Even with massive subsidies green projects are mostly unprofitable. Look at the Hess deal - investing in 11 billion bbls in Guyana not renewables.

And the Green New Deal continues its morph into The Greed RAW Deal…at best misguided economic naiveté or flat out carnival barker scams…either way the collapse was inevitable…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

SolarEdge shares sink after company offers weak Q4 guidance

· SolarEdge’s stock plunged after reporting a miss on expected revenue for its coming fourth quarter.

· Earlier in October, the company warned Wall Street of its weak third quarter and soft fourth-quarter guidance.

· The solar sector is struggling amid weakened demand, weighed down by high interest rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/01/sol...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Back