Economy and Climate Change

Shovel ready quality US jobs…this green transition is turning out exactly as they told us it would…Bravo…well played comrades!!🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆😆

Green Energy Industry Admits It Needs Cheap Chinese Goods To Survive

Industry leaders in panic as Congress pushes to impose tariffs on Chinese solar panels

China controls more than 80 percent of the world's solar panel production, a figure that hasn't waned as Biden spends hundreds of billions of dollars on green energy subsidies intended to give the United States the ability to "compete with China." Instead, U.S. solar companies have been flooded with increased demand and have turned to China to satisfy it. A reimposition of Chinese solar tariffs would cost U.S. developers at least $1 billion in retroactive fees, prompting solar executives and trade groups to publicly stress their need to maintain a free flow of cheap Chinese goods.
The Solar Energy Industries Association, for example, admitted in a Friday statement that the United States "cannot produce enough solar panels and cells to meet demand." The American Council on Renewable Energy similarly said Chinese tariffs "would have a devastating impact on U.S. solar deployment." Solar energy contractor George Hershman, meanwhile, said tariffs would prompt him to lay off "thousands of people," given the hundreds of millions of dollars in projects that his company, SOLV Energy, has fulfilled using Chinese goods. "I don't know why anyone would support this," Hershman told the Washington Post.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/green-energy-industry-admits-it-needs-cheap-chinese-goods-to-survive/

The big question for me is what this means for solar users, those on NEM, NEM 2.0 and NEM 3.0 agreements. If this is the royal screwing it seems like on the surface, and if you're half way there already, at some point the math says you're better off just adding some panels and another powerwall or 2, and just saying adios to the utility. $90/month just to be connected to the grid...F that. That's more than half my bill 9 months out of the year. Looking further, this also has the potential to completely crush solar adoption.

The CA democrats don’t care about people above that income threshold. They are happy to charge you $90/month to connect to the grid so they can continue to cater to the lower income voting democrats that keep them in power. If this goes through, all of the remaining utilities will follow.

When you put Greta Thunberg’s in charge of the economy in search of unicorns and rainbows you destroy it….🤦🏽‍♂️

Biden says power plants have to reduce pollution by 90% or shut down: EPA announces strict guidelines for green agenda that has already sparked backlash from Republicans and Democrat Joe Manchin

· The Biden administration is proposing new limits on greenhouse gas emissions from coal and gas-fired power plants

· It's the most ambitious effort yet to roll back planet-warming pollution from the nation's second-largest contributor to climate change

· A rule to be unveiled Thursday by the Environmental Protection Agency could force power plants to capture smokestack emissions

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...g-power-plants-major-climate-effort-rcna83909

Even here in the land of DGAF, who actually flies if you can drive it in under 4.5 hours?
By the time you drive to the airport, park, do the security theatre, fly, then taxi to your destination, it isn't worth it (to me at least)

Even here in the land of DGAF, who actually flies if you can drive it in under 4.5 hours?
By the time you drive to the airport, park, do the security theatre, fly, then taxi to your destination, it isn't worth it (to me at least)
Isn’t that like driving to Riverside on a Friday night?

I'd fly to Vegas from SNA...drive is 3.5-5.5+hrs depending on traffic/accidents, when you drive, and how fast you drive.

That won’t stop the hypocritical elites from taking 17 minute jet jaunts…Rainbows and Unicorns…

A 17-minute flight? The super-rich who have ‘absolute disregard for the planet’

This article is more than 10 months old

Kylie Jenner is far from the only celebrity to make short hops using private jets despite mounting concerns over the climate crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...private-jet-flights-super-rich-climate-crisis

Eco-warrior hypocrite Bill Gates defends his use of private jets and claims he is 'not part of the problem' because he is one of the world's most productive carbon offsetters

· Bill Gates said his expenses to offset carbon emissions made his jet use okay

· Gates was speaking with the BBC, where he was asked if he was a hypocrite

· Despite sinking funds into climate change research, Gates uses a private jet

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ends-use-private-jets-claims-not-problem.html

John Kerry's family private jet emitted over 300 metric tons of carbon since Biden took office

Special presidential envoy for climate John Kerry arrived in Berlin, Germany on Tuesday for the Petersberg Climate Dialogue​

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jo...tted-300-metric-tons-carbon-biden-took-office

Leonardo DiCaprio's Carbon Footprint Is Much Higher Than He Thinks

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...s-much-higher-than-he-thinks/?sh=3ec80dc52bd5

I'd fly to Vegas from SNA...drive is 3.5-5.5+hrs depending on traffic/accidents, when you drive, and how fast you drive.
Driving to Vegas from OC now is a total crapshoot for traffic, both ways. Much much easier to fly.

No matter how dark it gets…keep pulling down the shades…

Biden's radical green energy policies strain our electric grids. Here's how bad it will get if they continue

Democrats’ climate hysteria is getting ahead of operational reality and Americans are paying the price​

Democrats’ Green New Deal (GND) policies have left America dependent upon unreliable energy sources that strain our electric grids, cause rolling blackouts across the country, and have increased energy costs by over 40%. Just this past December, more than 10 states experienced rolling blackouts as the demand for electricity exceeded our available supply. Time and again, environmentalists have overlooked the continued necessity of fossil fuels to power our world.

These GND proponents have failed to learn from Europe’s rush for renewables or acknowledge how many European Union countries have now returned to fossil fuels after their premature abandonment. Germany, as a prime example, now generates more than a third of its electricity from coal-fired power plants after their abandonment of natural gas and subsequent rising power demand from France.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bidens-radical-green-energy-policies-strain-electric-grids

No matter how dark it gets…keep pulling down the shades…

Biden's radical green energy policies strain our electric grids. Here's how bad it will get if they continue

Democrats’ climate hysteria is getting ahead of operational reality and Americans are paying the price​

Democrats’ Green New Deal (GND) policies have left America dependent upon unreliable energy sources that strain our electric grids, cause rolling blackouts across the country, and have increased energy costs by over 40%. Just this past December, more than 10 states experienced rolling blackouts as the demand for electricity exceeded our available supply. Time and again, environmentalists have overlooked the continued necessity of fossil fuels to power our world.

These GND proponents have failed to learn from Europe’s rush for renewables or acknowledge how many European Union countries have now returned to fossil fuels after their premature abandonment. Germany, as a prime example, now generates more than a third of its electricity from coal-fired power plants after their abandonment of natural gas and subsequent rising power demand from France.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bidens-radical-green-energy-policies-strain-electric-grids

This summer I predict will be bad across the state. Better buy your Powerwall now, or Generac if you can get it permitted where you live (they're loud).

Yep, renewable energy is the answer.

MK can thank me for helping him out since I have EV and solar, less strain on the grid, you’re welcome!

It's been really gloomy lately and while I am enjoying the cool weather I know my my solar panels aren't saving me as much money as last year.

May, Jun & Jul are the best months for solar generation.

It's been really gloomy lately and while I am enjoying the cool weather I know my my solar panels aren't saving me as much money as last year.

May, Jun & Jul are the best months for solar generation.
We've wasted a large part of May and we're going to waste a chunk of June as well. Why couldn't we have sunny cool weather? :cry:

We've wasted a large part of May and we're going to waste a chunk of June as well. Why couldn't we have sunny cool weather? :cry:
I don’t know whether we’ve got a hole in the ozone layer up here but my solar gen has never been higher than this April/May. Even now at close to 6pm I’m pumping 3 kW.

Back