Din Tai Fun coming to SCP!

Love Katzs. the best pastrami in the city but I have skyrocket cholesterol score. I can only eat that once a month and I have already met my quota. Langer is also very good at my old stomping ground where I grew up. I used to meet up with Huell Howser to eat there. I missed him. He donated his entire collection of books and documentaries to Chapman. At any given time there is a line that wrap around the block to Alvarado at Langer.

ps9 said:

I am not a Vegas fan. Everything is fake and ostentatious. I am a big fan of nostalgia and the newer places I don't find appealing. Philippe Original by LA Chinatown , the Pantry at 9th and Figueroa and Clifton Cafeteria on 7th are all great. All have stood the test of time and overcome challenges of chain restaurant culture.
Tarmacpro said:
It's not the best but have you guys been to this place?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/carnegie-las-vegas

They make some crazy stuff.

Big Wong has cantonese cuisine and street style food. I actually ate there last week. Beef stew wonton noodle and sampan porridge.

ps9 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
JOES_zps24e881d6.jpg

You didn't go to Big Wongs?  I still remember going there when I was in 2nd grade.. Haven't tasted anything similar since.

Can't wait!  Hope they open early like the Arcadia stores.  There goes my secrect parking spots in the Nordstrom garage.

WTTCMN said:
Great - SCP will be even more crowded. Was there today briefly. Place was outta control. Only peaceful spot is the saks wing.

I've ways wondered how that saks does. Everytime I'm there there are not a lot of people in there.

WTTCMN said:
Great - SCP will be even more crowded. Was there today briefly. Place was outta control. Only peaceful spot is the saks wing.

That area was probably the only safe haven.. since it was next to Sears... now it's going to be a cluster of GONNNGGGGGGGGG.

SCP is the only mall I don't mind going to with the wife. Plenty of eye candy to keep me occupied or at least keep my mind off of the damage the wife is doing to the bank account.

qwerty said:
SCP is the only mall I don't mind going to with the wife. Plenty of eye candy to keep me occupied or at least keep my mind off of the damage the wife is doing to the bank account.

LOL

jmoney74 said:
I hope they do reservations.

I hope so too, but unlikely with the crazy crowds they get.  The Arcadia stores are walk in only so probably not going to change the format.  At least you have more things to do with the hour wait, the misses will have forever and uniqlo right across the way, sears and foot licker for me.

Speaking of wait times, I would pay good money if somebody can put my name down for me before I get there.  $10-15 is the range I would be comfortable with on a busy Friday or weekend night.  Wonder if this 'stand-in' service can be profitable?

WTTCMN said:
ps9 said:
Speaking of wait times, I would pay good money if somebody can put my name down for me before I get there.  $10-15 is the range I would be comfortable with on a busy Friday or weekend night.  Wonder if this 'stand-in' service can be profitable?

Might be good for the gypsies.  Instead of begging for money in stinky tofu joints, stand-in for rich-lazy-too busy to wait asian peeps that want soupy dumplings.

Gah - if they don't do reservations, chances are I won't be eating here anytime soon.  Too hard to wait with young kids.

You can use TaskRabbit.com and find a personal assistant to stand line line for you. They are kind of pricey. Lowest rate ~$15/hr + 20% fee. You might get a better deal by negotiating with Mexicans standing by Home Depot.

Back