Din Tai Fun coming to SCP!

Rain Forest Cafe has/had a membership program that made it a bit more affordable.  The sights and sounds never really bothered me, but I once took a friend and he deemed that Rain Forest Cafe was the most annoying restaurant ever.  The same person who made that claim is all about ambiance and he loves the sounds of excitement from customers at restaurants. I guess he just doesn't like animals, haha.

Never ate at Rainforest.. figured it was subpar burgers, chicken nuggets, pizza crap they serve for tourists....harsh reviews..
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rainforest-cafe-costa-mesa

We usually end up at Marche Modern for their excellent $20 lunch prix fixe meal... kid loves the pommes frites there and so do I...Chef does favor chorizo in a lot of dishes which I don't care for (I hate paprika)..

Mike D'Antoni would ship me to Houston.

To be honest, by the time I get down to the offensive side, they are running back... so why bother?

BTW... Homie is in the 2k club!!

So it won't be in the Rainforest location... having two entrances for a sit down restaurant can be a logistical nightmare... hope they do this well...this will also mean the Nordstrom parking garage will be packed full.. :(

ps9 said:
So it won't be in the Rainforest location... having two entrances for a sit down restaurant can be a logistical nightmare... hope they do this well...this will also mean the Nordstrom parking garage will be packed full.. :(

Just valet :)

FREDDIE said:
ps9 said:

Just valet :)

I got to save that $6 for my next home purchase :)  Besides....you pull up to the valet, jump out, throw em the keys, and then get in line for the 45 minute wait at Din Tai Fung?  Might as well drop somebody off first to sign in at the restaurant and go squat for a parking spot, a la SF parking style.

I usually just took the muni when I was in SF.  Miss being in SF and the Bay Area.
  :'(

Never waiting for 45 minutes again for mediocre XLB..

Looks like it's opening in August instead of spring.

http://www.southcoastplaza.com/store-directory/din-tai-fung?f=interests&fv=Restaurants%20%26%20Specialty%20Foods

Now that I know DTF will be closer to home, I don't get cravings for it anymore.  Also heard the truffle dumplings offered at the Glendale location were disappointing.

JOES_zps24e881d6.jpg

Back