Cypress Village Homes

irvinehomeowner said:
Heh... the latest email ad about Cypress Village says:

"Award-winning schools just steps from home."

The problem is, the schools haven't even opened yet. TIC is from the fuuuuuttuuuuuurrre!
Come on IHO, all Irvine schools are award-winning by default (built or not).  ;)

qwerty said:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Cypress-Village/Amenities

these amenities kind of rival woodbury dont they? i thought cypress was supposed to be a ghetto hood?
Not quite... you can compare it to theirs:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Woodbury/Amenities

Depends on how they set it up... but from what I read, Cypress does not have something comparable to the Commons in Woodbury... no indoor facilities/clubhouse rooms for indoor events... no lagoon-like pool with sand entry... no water play area.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Cypress-Village/Amenities

these amenities kind of rival woodbury dont they? i thought cypress was supposed to be a ghetto hood?
Not quite... you can compare it to theirs:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Woodbury/Amenities

Depends on how they set it up... but from what I read, Cypress does not have something comparable to the Commons in Woodbury... no indoor facilities/clubhouse rooms for indoor events... no lagoon-like pool with sand entry... no water play area.

Yup seems like the small park idea at Stonegate.

Salt water pools are a gimmick. They are just as bad for you as chlorine, but without the smell. Have you ever gone swimming in a saltwater pool and later felt that your skin was extra soft? It's because the top layer of skin has been remove by the harsh mix of chemicals. The mixture is pretty comparable to borax.

Salt water pools are at most of the IAC apartment.  It's nothing new.  Anything built within the last 10 years have the salt water pools.

JasonTheArtist said:
Salt water pools are a gimmick. They are just as bad for you as chlorine, but without the smell. Have you ever gone swimming in a saltwater pool and later felt that your skin was extra soft? It's because the top layer of skin has been remove by the harsh mix of chemicals. The mixture is pretty comparable to borax.
Are you sure about this? I've read that saltwater is not as harsh as chlorine and easier to maintain.

If so then people are killing their skin with water softeners because it's just putting salt in the water supply! I actually had a water softener when I lived in Yorba Linda and my skin always felt great!

I like the saltwater because 1) no shutting down of the pool for cleaning & waiting like chlorine, 2) doesn't burn your eyes like chlorine, and 3) I can tell a huge difference with my hair (very, very fine strands but a ton of them) - it doesn't strip your hair like harsh chlorine or affect the color if you have light hair color.

I do wonder if it's as "clean" as a chlorinated pool i.e. if a kid pees in it (not that I ever think of a pool as sanitary but you know...) however, the other benefits are good with me.

shadax said:
If so then people are killing their skin with water softeners because it's just putting salt in the water supply! I actually had a water softener when I lived in Yorba Linda and my skin always felt great!

Thats different. Water softeners use actual salt, while salt water pools use a broken down version of salt. In fact, after the salt has been broken down, it creates hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite. So a salt water pool is not chlorine free at all.

I don't think the contention is that salt water is chlorine-free... the science is it chlorinates also... but it's supposed to be milder.

Water softeners use salt to regenerate; conditioned water has higher concentration of sodium ion in it, but it is not salt per se.

JasonTheArtist said:
shadax said:

Thats different. Water softeners use actual salt, while salt water pools use a broken down version of salt. In fact, after the salt has been broken down, it creates hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite. So a salt water pool is not chlorine free at all.

JasonTheArtist said:
shadax said:

I've swam in salt water pools now for the last 3-4 years.  Does my skin feel better?  Hell if I know.  Is it less chlorinated than non salt water pools?  Definitely.  I don't come out smelling like choline. 

Hypocholorous acid and your sodium hypocholorite is the natural occurance when adding chlorine to water.  In fact it's the whole point of adding chlorine to water.  It's disinfecting...so what is your point about salt water pools?  It's the same reaction to adding chlorine to not salt water pools.  How do i know this?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to google it.

broda said:
JasonTheArtist said:
shadax said:

I've swam in salt water pools now for the last 3-4 years.  Does my skin feel better?  Hell if I know.  Is it less chlorinated than non salt water pools?  Definitely.  I don't come out smelling like choline. 

Hypocholorous acid and your sodium hypocholorite is the natural occurance when adding chlorine to water.  In fact it's the whole point of adding chlorine to water.  It's disinfecting...so what is your point about salt water pools?  It's the same reaction to adding chlorine to not salt water pools.  How do i know this?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to google it.

My whole point is that saying a pool is salt water is a sales gimmick. Maybe if you wouldn't have left a rotting tampon up your ass, you could have realized that before you left a rude a$$ comment.

JasonTheArtist said:
broda said:
JasonTheArtist said:
shadax said:

My whole point is that saying a pool is salt water is a sales gimmick. Maybe if you wouldn't have left a rotting tampon up your ass, you could have realized that before you left a rude a$$ comment.

Sounds like I know who is leaving "rude a$$" comments.  That little gem belonged in a YouTube comments section.

I don't know how many homes are planned to be built in CV; but the plan only shows two pools, 1 jr. Olympic size and the other smaller. I think the apartment residents will not access to these pools but the pool to home ratio seems to be on the low side.

which community in Irvine has the highest PH (pool to home, coined here)  ratio? Woodbridge?

The Motor Court Company said:
which community in Irvine has the highest PH (pool to home, coined here)  ratio? Woodbridge?
Has to be.

I got out of one pool and tripped and fell into another.

That's the closest Irvine has gotten to a tidal wave of anything.

Back