Cypress Village Homes

Then you say it's just s sales gimmick...instead of trying to make the disinfecting of a pool using chlorine sound like a chemistry experiment.  Call me names or whatever...but i'm not the one getting angry.

JasonTheArtist said:
broda said:
JasonTheArtist said:
shadax said:
If so then people are killing their skin with water softeners because it's just putting salt in the water supply! I actually had a water softener when I lived in Yorba Linda and my skin always felt great!

Thats different. Water softeners use actual salt, while salt water pools use a broken down version of salt. In fact, after the salt has been broken down, it creates hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite. So a salt water pool is not chlorine free at all.

I've swam in salt water pools now for the last 3-4 years.  Does my skin feel better?  Hell if I know.  Is it less chlorinated than non salt water pools?  Definitely.  I don't come out smelling like choline. 

Hypocholorous acid and your sodium hypocholorite is the natural occurance when adding chlorine to water.  In fact it's the whole point of adding chlorine to water.  It's disinfecting...so what is your point about salt water pools?  It's the same reaction to adding chlorine to not salt water pools.  How do i know this?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to google it.

My whole point is that saying a pool is salt water is a sales gimmick. Maybe if you wouldn't have left a rotting tampon up your ass, you could have realized that before you left a rude a$$ comment.

side tracking from this pool discussion; I am surprised no one mentioned 10 ft first floor ceiling height - 1 extra foot will make the home feel more spacious - I gotta give TIC some credit for this change

The Motor Court Company said:
side tracking from this pool discussion; I am surprised no one mentioned 10 ft first floor ceiling height - 1 extra foot will make the home feel more spacious - I gotta give TIC some credit for this change

There is no more space on their postage stamp lots to build, except up. And we all know TIC will charge you extra for that...call it the "California Ceiling"  ;)

iacrenter said:
The Motor Court Company said:

There is no more space on their postage stamps lots to build except up. And we all know TIC will charge you extra for that...call it the "California Ceiling"  ;)
I wonder how long it'll be before we see 3 story motorcourt homes popping up...

Kind of like Columbus Square?  If they could build Brownstone housing, that'd be pretty unique and cool to have in Irvine.  And it fits the model of shoving as many houses as you can in a small space.

broda said:
Kind of like Columbus Square?  If they could build Brownstone housing, that'd be pretty unique and cool to have in Irvine.  And it fits the model of shoving as many houses as you can in a small space.

Brownstones?... or Borg cubes. Why not. It's been done.

"Hong Kong is home to a population of seven million crammed into an area of just 424 square miles."

Article here: Can you believe these are actually apartments? The stunning images of Hong Kong ?living cubicles?

article-2306842-19377F79000005DC-441_964x1110.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
Columbus Square is also on a former airbase. :)

eventually people wont care about this. hell, people dont care about it now. Augusta and the other WL townhome development sold out relatively fast - waivers and all. 

Just cause you wont buy there doesnt mean a bunch of others wont.  People buy homes that are right next to the freeway. People on these boards cant wait for the homes at the great park to be built and that was an even worse location, it was a SUPERFUND site. 

just build it and they will come.

qwerty said:
eventually people wont care about this. hell, people dont care about it now.
You will when you grow that FOURTH leg. :)
Augusta and the other WL townhome development sold out relatively fast - waivers and all. 
At the right price, anything sells fast.
Just cause you wont buy there doesnt mean a bunch of others wont.
You're right... I was just responding to test's post.
People on these boards cant wait for the homes at the great park to be built and that was an even worse location, it was a SUPERFUND site. 
True... I wouldn't buy there either... but I would buy in Cypress Village over Columbus or the Great Park.
just build it and price it right and they will come.
Fixed that a little.

I think your dogs are indoor dogs right? How are you landscaping your backyard? All hardscape? I am a bit paranoid about those disclosures... esp because our former dog used to eat/chew the grass in our backyard so I wouldn't know if it was safe for him back there. Believe me, I was close to pulling the trigger at Augusta... but the wife said no.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think your dogs are indoor dogs right? How are you landscaping your backyard? All hardscape? I am a bit paranoid about those disclosures... esp because our former dog used to eat/chew the grass in our backyard so I wouldn't know if it was safe for him back there. Believe me, I was close to pulling the trigger at Augusta... but the wife said no.

my dogs are indoor dogs. our backyard, i mean sideyard is all pavers with a good size patch of grass in the middle so they can go potty.  no plant, no trees or anything else. just grass in the middle and pavers all around.  mine have yet to try to eat the grass in the backyard.  they are never in the backyard unsupervised anyway.  when i walk them one of them occassionaly gets in a bite of grass.  keep in mind that although we had to sigh the disclosures, it was clear that the plume is at least 6 feet underground and it is not everywhere in the community. that is why they dont want you planting things with deep roots. grass doesnt have deep roots so im not too concerned but trust me, i pull the dog as soon as i see her making a run to get a bite of grass cause you never know!

regarding the price being right and anything will sell. i agree. however, i dont think augusta would have been priced higher even if it was not on toxic land. i think the price just reflected that it was in tustin with a bad school district.  so it sounds like you are ok with exposing your family to exhaust 24/7?  :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Believe me, I was close to pulling the trigger at Augusta... but the wife said no.

I can tell you're regretting it.  Too bad you let your wife wear the pants in the house.

qwerty said:
so it sounds like you are ok with exposing your family to exhaust 24/7?  :)
That's going to be the case anywhere in a city. :)

I hate the noise more... do you hear the train over there? That's the other thing I didn't like that much about CS and CG... heck... I could hear the train in WPII and QH.

SoCal said:
broda said:

Brownstones?... or Borg cubes. Why not. It's been done.

"Hong Kong is home to a population of seven million crammed into an area of just 424 square miles."

Article here: Can you believe these are actually apartments? The stunning images of Hong Kong ?living cubicles?

article-2306842-19377F79000005DC-441_964x1110.jpg

I think my Verdugo is kicking in..lol

IHO - before they started construction on edinger for the TR overpass there was no train noise since both Harvard and red hill are both quiet zones. Once the construction is done on edinger the trains will stop blowing the whistle. I can only hear it when I'm outside walking the dogs.  Inside the house I can't hear the train. I can't feel it either since we are far enough from edinger

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Believe me, I was close to pulling the trigger at Augusta... but the wife said no.

I can tell you're regretting it.  Too bad you let your wife wear the pants in the house.
Test, haven't you heard of that old saying....happy wife, happy life?  I think that's what IHO and most other husbands live by. 

In that picture of the Hong Kong apartments, why are there no red towels? I see only blue ones... paging IHS... what do blue towels mean? The other gender?

Back