Cypress Village Homes

AJW I Think you just killed you chance of attending any college.

ajw522 said:
[ author=irvinehomeowner link=topic=3636.msg54594#msg54594 date=1363809605]
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:
http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/Default.aspx

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

Wow... marketing the motorcourt as a feature... amazing.

LOL - couldn't help but laugh at this while reading the promo info on TIC and IP's websites.  Surprising what TIC has come to ? actually attempting to promote the motor court!  The fact that anyone would buy these homes like Magnolia at mid $800K+ is simply outrageous, but I'm sure every Irvine homeowner looking to sell is loving the prices right now!

"Enhance the arrival experience" ? give me a break.  Put the houes facing the road and you won't have any special "arrival experience" to enhance ? I'd say more customers would prefer that, despite IP's marketing slogan "You asked, we delivered".

Oh, and the dog wash is entertaining as well...wonder how much they'll charge to add that on (because we all need that dedicated room to wash our dogs...definitely can't wash them in the normal bathroom!).  But I'm not seeing how this "California Garage" is any different from a garage with additional storage space in the back...am I missing something?
[/quote]

You think that's rich... you should read their California Garage marketing blurb:

header.jpg

http://www2.irvinepacific.com/mk/get/CV002

One of the most innovative and exciting aspects of the 2013 Irvine Pacific? Collection is the new California Garage, featured at Mulberry. By reimagining the way homebuyers look at extra space, Irvine Pacific has delivered flexible garage designs inspired by how people live today. The California Garage transforms additional space into a variety of sought after options, from a dedicated home office or home gym, to a tween room for the teens or playhouse for toys, trains and more - there is something for everyone - even the family pet!

And one more:
http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/CaliforniaGarage.aspx

This garage is a game-changer.

Imagine the possibilities a garage can bring. Irvine Pacific has re-imagined the way people look at extra space and delivered flexible garage designs inspired by the lifestyles of today?s consumers. From tweens to work-at-home moms and even the family pet, the California Garage has the versatility to accommodate your lifestyle.

They must have been reading too many of my garage threads.

I don't keep up at all with the Irvine new homes. Someone explain to me where all of these vehicles are going to go. If not the garage, if not the non-existent driveway, and if not the curb due to cramped lots, then where??

Now is the city's chance to cash in on metered parking or parking spots in residential parking garages like in some cities where they cost an arm and a leg.

ajw522 said:
Oh, and the dog wash is entertaining as well...wonder how much they'll charge to add that on (because we all need that dedicated room to wash our dogs...definitely can't wash them in the normal bathroom!).

There is no price too high to be paid for a pet washroom, apparently. A Chinese woman has just purchased a $6.5M apartment in New York's One57 Tower for her 2 year old daughter to live in when she goes to college one day. The daughter's age is not a typo. She is currently a toddler. Among many other things like an indoor swimming pool, a concert hall, and unparalleled views of Carnegie Hall & Central Park, it has a pet washroom.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-buys-year-old-4million-New-York-flat.html

Edit: Converted sale price from pounds to USD.

@SoCal:

The Cali Garage room options don't replace your existing garage space, there is extra space at the rear of the garage so you can still park 2 cars in it and have your dogwash/gym/mancave/velodrome.

So you mean it's a 3 car tandem garage, where the tandem space can become a room?

zubs said:
So you mean it's a 3 car tandem garage, where the tandem space can become a room?
Yes... but the extra space is shorter than a car length so they can't technically call it a tandem... hence... The Kaleefonya Garage!

And unlike a 3-car tandem, in most of the Mulberry models, it's the same width as the garage... so it's really like an extra-long garage.

EDIT: Just checked... it's more like maybe 2/3 the width.

Relooking at those Mulberry plans, the entry into the house from the garage is a problem.

Did anyone from IP put 2 cars in that garage and test that entrance to see how easy it is to get in and out? There is a reason that most garage entry doors are at the very front if it's going to be a side entry... or a front entry altogether.

to complete the picture
1. Add 4CWG for ihs
2. for the poor people, add 2 car tandem garage with 2 options
    a. 1 door
    b. "through" like those floor plans in NWP.

irvinehomeowner said:
I was bored so I put this together for SoCal:

2hxrrcj.jpg

Feel free to use it as your wallpaper. :)

(I think the one on the bottom right is a "game changer"!)

IPAC's recent innovation history
1. California Court aka Motor Court
2. California Room aka covered patio, with reduced rear set back
3. Observatory aka California Room with walls, with reduced rear set back
4. California Garage aka garage with extra storage, with reduced rear set back

For 2~4 you get smaller yard space and charged a premium at the same time, simply brilliant.

I'm guessing those garages are like the ones in the newer Irvine townhomes, park two midsize cars in it and you can't open the car doors.  I think that garage is a game changer.  I mean, it's a garage, one with actual space available for some garage storage.  You know, tools, maybe holiday supplies.  A little workbench.  A major profit maker too because I'm guessing 9 out of 10 turn it into an office / hobby room and fork over major upgrade dollars.

Basically, the motorcourt is just a squared up cul-de-sac design.  It gets 8 homes wedged into the frontage of two homes and a driveway width.  Drops an extra road. I think it looks like they almost squeeze 8 of those smaller homes into an area the size of the pool they're showing.  Not sure how many homes are in that center group, but the two outside groups on the 'motorcourts' have 144 and 112 homes each, by my eyeball.

The motorcourt is an improvement over the drivewayless driveways of previous townhome complexes, and I'm guessing they've managed to get townhouse unit density while providing a SFR footprint.  $ ching to $$ cha-ching

Will the HOA prohibit extended parking on the driveway?  Each house has their own driveway off the motorcourt.  Instant guest parking, or instant annoyance of the motorcourt looking like the car packed streets of rental neighborhoods.

irvinehomeowner said:

LOL, I just realized looking at the floorplans, that view out the windows in the 'image' above, IS the backyard.  Flipping through their images, they have lots of windows for light and space, but they all appear to open on about six feet of depth to the wall?

Where does the grill go?

Heh... the latest email ad about Cypress Village says:

"Award-winning schools just steps from home."

The problem is, the schools haven't even opened yet. TIC is from the fuuuuuttuuuuuurrre!

Back