Cypress Village Homes

broda said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Stonegate is a bargain compared to those prices.

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

because other people think it's too close to the landfill which I have yet to smell.  Or I guess they think there is enough waste and chemical stuff you'll get cancer or other health problems. 

Woodbury > Stonegate > Cypress Village

At least the Cypress homes offer better value and design than Branches. Still hopeful about The Great Park homes later this year.

I think with the buffer from the park and whatever they are building south of it, freeway noise won't be an issue for the Triple M Hoods.

I also prefer being closer to the freeway... just not right next to it (oh the irony).

I've read the Great Park homes are going to offer something "different".  To be perfectly honest I'd rather just have a 5,000 sqft lot, not many amenities past greenbelts and passive parks, and low or no mello/low hoa.

broda said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Stonegate is a bargain compared to those prices.

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

because other people think it's too close to the landfill which I have yet to smell.  Or I guess they think there is enough waste and chemical stuff you'll get cancer or other health problems.

It's pretty far from the landfill and it's much better than the freeway.

Being next to the middle school is also interesting. 

Minus
Stonegate -> Landfill, lack of amenities and the floor plans are rinse and repeat as there is only 1 home builder
Woodbury -> low income housing, schools with significant Hispanic population and poor API scores
Cypress Village -> even more low income housing, more apartments and adjacent to a busy free way.

Plus
Stonegate -> furtheres away from freeway, access to Irvine's top schools
Woodbury -> amenities second to Woodbridge, variety in home types, Woodbury Town Center
Cypress Village -> freeway access, California Court, California Garage and Super California Room

"Woodbury -> low income housing, schools with significant Hispanic population and poor API scores"

Diversity isn't a negative IMO. Less likely to raise spoiled entitled kids who can't survive in the real world. Woodbury FTW.

The Motor Court Company said:
Minus
Stonegate -> Landfill, lack of amenities and the floor plans are rinse and repeat as there is only 1 home builder
Woodbury -> low income housing, schools with significant Hispanic population and poor API scores
Cypress Village -> even more low income housing, more apartments and adjacent to a busy free way.

Plus
Woodbury -> amenities second to Woodbridge, variety in home types, Woodbury Town Center
Cypress Village -> freeway access, California Court, California Garage and Super California Room

Stonegate:  Lack of amenities?  It has nice parks and no shopping center traffic.  It's just a different layout than Woodbury.

Woodbury:  The biggest con is that it feeds into Irvine High.  I have plenty of friend in Woodbury and the elementary is dominated by Asians and Indians.  Also, it's elementary school...the social interactions are infinitely more important than API scores. 

Cypress Village:  Not within walking distance of an elementary school and near a freeway.  I have no idea what the High School it feeds into.  The California garage designs are interesting. 

Irvinecommuter said:
The Motor Court Company said:
Minus

Plus

Stonegate:  Lack of amenities?  It has nice parks and no shopping center traffic.  It's just a different layout than Woodbury.

What Stonegate lacks in amenities is a Commons. That includes a private recreation center for hosting parties, a resort style pool, and a nice water play area for kids. Not a deal breaker for most, but even at final buildout Woodbury will still have superior amenities versus Stonegate for the same master HOA price.

Cypress Village will have its own Elementary in Fall of 2014... and the middle school is in walking distance (which I think more kids actually "walk" to).

As for High School, it's probably going to either be Irvine High or High School #5 (in Heritage Fields near the Great Park).

Not so sure why Irvine High is a con, as ALL of Irvine's high schools finish in the top percentiles in Cali and the US. And with the influx of families from Woodbury, there will be a new generation of "motivated" students attending Irvine High in the next decade or two.

shadax said:
I've read the Great Park homes are going to offer something "different".  To be perfectly honest I'd rather just have a 5,000 sqft lot, not many amenities past greenbelts and passive parks, and low or no mello/low hoa.

Say, I know where you can get a lot over 5,000 sqft with only $70 in HOA dues which includes pool, spa, clubhouse, and parks equipped with tennis and basketball courts, baseball field, etc.  :)  :D

irvinehomeowner said:
Cypress Village will have its own Elementary in Fall of 2014... and the middle school is in walking distance (which I think more kids actually "walk" to).

As for High School, it's probably going to either be Irvine High or High School #5 (in Heritage Fields near the Great Park).

Not so sure why Irvine High is a con, as ALL of Irvine's high schools finish in the top percentiles in Cali and the US. And with the influx of families from Woodbury, there will be a new generation of "motivated" students attending Irvine High in the next decade or two.

Everything is relative but I know that we liked Stonegate because it feeds into Northwood.  API says that Uni and Northwood are a step above Irvine and Woodbridge.

SoCal said:
shadax said:

Say, I know where you can get a lot over 5,000 sqft with only $70 in HOA dues which includes pool, spa, clubhouse, and parks equipped with tennis and basketball courts, baseball field, etc.  :)  :D

If there isn't a 99 Ranch market within a few miles then..... not interested... ::)

SoCal said:
shadax said:

The Great Park formerly being a military base is a real turnoff.  The disclosures at Columbus Square/Grove are scary.

The place I'm referring to is off the base and away from the Columbus area.  :)

With Irvine being as widespread as it is, the distance to a 99 Ranch is about the same as if you were driving from any far-flung part of Irvine but less than Shady Canyon.

$1,600/yr. M.R. (for me but less for the smaller homes) set to expire in 6 years with no plans to issue additional bonds.
banana.gif

Or as Homer would say :
dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif

SoCal said:
The place I'm referring to is off the base and away from the Columbus area.  :)

With Irvine being as widespread as it is, the distance to a 99 Ranch is about the same as if you were driving from any far-flung part of Irvine but less than Shady Canyon.

$1,600/yr. M.R. (for me but less for the smaller homes) set to expire in 6 years with no plans to issue additional bonds.
banana.gif

Or as Homer would say :
dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif

ok, where is this?

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:
http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/Default.aspx

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

Wow... marketing the motorcourt as a feature... amazing.

LOL - couldn't help but laugh at this while reading the promo info on TIC and IP's websites.  Surprising what TIC has come to ? actually attempting to promote the motor court!  The fact that anyone would buy these homes like Magnolia at mid $800K+ is simply outrageous, but I'm sure every Irvine homeowner looking to sell is loving the prices right now!

"Enhance the arrival experience" ? give me a break.  Put the houes facing the road and you won't have any special "arrival experience" to enhance ? I'd say more customers would prefer that, despite IP's marketing slogan "You asked, we delivered".

Oh, and the dog wash is entertaining as well...wonder how much they'll charge to add that on (because we all need that dedicated room to wash our dogs...definitely can't wash them in the normal bathroom!).  But I'm not seeing how this "California Garage" is any different from a garage with additional storage space in the back...am I missing something?

ajw522 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:
http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/Default.aspx

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

Wow... marketing the motorcourt as a feature... amazing.

LOL - couldn't help but laugh at this while reading the promo info on TIC and IP's websites.  Surprising what TIC has come to ? actually attempting to promote the motor court!  The fact that anyone would buy these homes like Magnolia at mid $800K+ is simply outrageous, but I'm sure every Irvine homeowner looking to sell is loving the prices right now!

"Enhance the arrival experience" ? give me a break.  Put the houes facing the road and you won't have any special "arrival experience" to enhance ? I'd say more customers would prefer that, despite IP's marketing slogan "You asked, we delivered".

Oh, and the dog wash is entertaining as well...wonder how much they'll charge to add that on (because we all need that dedicated room to wash our dogs...definitely can't wash them in the normal bathroom!).  But I'm not seeing how this "California Garage" is any different from a garage with additional storage space in the back...am I missing something?
I wonder how long before TIC gets a variance exception from their buddies at the City of Irvine to shrink the motorcourt that it's only wide enough to fit one car at a time.  Then they can charge a premium for the current wider motorcourt homes. 

Back