Cypress Village Homes

the mulberry plan 3 is probably my favorite since it gives you the loft option since you will already have 4 other bedrooms.  pretty neat options for the extra garage space.

Well with this setup no homes actually back Trabuco...I was looking at the completed Stonegate East and they did this a lot..since most of that village backs Sand Canyon.

Seems like a way to push the arterial street buffer zone thinner while still yielding the same amount of homes.

shadax said:
Well with this setup no homes actually back Trabuco...I was looking at the completed Stonegate East and they did this a lot..since most of that village backs Sand Canyon.

Seems like a way to push the arterial street buffer zone thinner while still yielding the same amount of homes.
In my setup, only 4 more homes side Trabuco (in theirs, there are 4 homes siding Trabuco in the corner streets). Some people don't mind siding a road if it gives them a cul-de-sac instead of a drive-by (like it currently is).

Maybe they want to make the streets a foot or two more narrow and turning around in a cul de sac would be noticeably difficult :)  I swear with these home designs and the dinky setback from the non-garage part of the house to the street...looking down the street is going to look like one long 30' wall on each side of the street :p

What do you think IP will build here? It's so close to the freeway, I can't imagine these selling well.

Attachments

• DeathByRoadNoise.png
    DeathByRoadNoise.png
    534.1 KB · Views: 481
The ones closest to the freeway will either be condos or apartments. It's a formula they have been using since Quail Hill... use the "riffraff" as a buffer.

I can say that because I am riffraff.

Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:
http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/Default.aspx

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

Wow... marketing the motorcourt as a feature... amazing.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

I think it will be interesting because Magnolia and Mulberry are similar in sqft and basic features and are priced similarly/sqft.  I guess if the "extra long driveways" were 25 feet long it would be a difference? I don't know if anything would make me want a motorcourt.  But I did a rough estimate and they're not getting that much, if any, additional units/acre for the motorcourt ones.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I measured it in Paint, haha.

irvinehomeowner said:

Same innovative IP floor plans but on a 4 home motor court. Wow, real out of the box thinking on TIC's part [/sarcasm].

irvinehomeowner said:
The ones closest to the freeway will either be condos or apartments. It's a formula they have been using since Quail Hill... use the "riffraff" as a buffer.

I can say that because I am riffraff.

I was surprised TIC placed the rental apartments on such valuable property adjacent to the community park (sites 2 & 3). Anything along the 5 will have terrible noise and pollution issues. Those locations would have been better for rental apartments.

PublicNoticeMapPA40CypressVillage_1.jpg

shadax said:
I think it will be interesting because Magnolia and Mulberry are similar in sqft and basic features and are priced similarly/sqft.  I guess if the "extra long driveways" were 25 feet long it would be a difference? I don't know if anything would make me want a motorcourt.  But I did a rough estimate and they're not getting that much, if any, additional units/acre for the motorcourt ones.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I measured it in Paint, haha.
I don't think they gain additional units, which is why pricing is similar... but they can get more footprint out of the homes in the 4-court cluster.

I think they are trying to sell Magnolia based on bigger interior square footage, whereas Mulberry is a more "traditional" SFR setup.

But I'm like you... why get the reduced privacy of a motorcourt set up... I didn't like it at Montecito (and they had driveways too) so I doubt I'll like it for Magnolia.

irvinehomeowner said:
shadax said:
I don't think they gain additional units, which is why pricing is similar... but they can get more footprint out of the homes in the 4-court cluster.

I think they are trying to sell Magnolia based on bigger interior square footage, whereas Mulberry is a more "traditional" SFR setup.

But I'm like you... why get the reduced privacy of a motorcourt set up... I didn't like it at Montecito (and they had driveways too) so I doubt I'll like it for Magnolia.

Yeah, looking at it I suppose in the 4-home cluster, half of them are Plan 3.  It's still very close though considering Mulberry Plan 1 can add on square footage (4th bedroom option) to make it larger than Magnolia Plan 1, and Mulberry Plan 2 is larger than Magnolia Plan 2.

I still see no reason, price/sqft being virtually equal, to choose the motorcourt. 

If you look at Irvinepacific.com it has a big marketing piece about the California Court.  I mean it's better than not having a driveway, but why would someone choose it over the SFR?

Garden Hills at PS has the same set up, a 4-house court.    It is terrible.  It is very interesting to find out who purchased this type house with over $1mm

Irvinecommuter said:
Stonegate is a bargain compared to those prices.

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

which part of stonegate?

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

because other people think it's too close to the landfill which I have yet to smell.  Or I guess they think there is enough waste and chemical stuff you'll get cancer or other health problems. 

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

which part of stonegate?

can you hear the traffic from trabuco? i would agree stonegate is quieter but if this part of Cypress Village is far enough from the 5 that i cant hear it, i would take that over stonegate.

Back