Cypress Village East Master Thread

As stated, the empty lot south of the park in CVE is officially Trellis Court extension.  The senior housing isn't technically a part of Cypress Village. From the disclosures, we don't share ameninites and their housing will be gated along with it being zoned for SVUSD.

Still no updates on the affordable housing complex that will be on the corner of Ridge Valley and Great Park Blvd.  I'm guessing they will wait until all homes are built out then start working on the affordable housing.

The smallest plan with the front courtyard is a novel idea and well received by the consumers. However it is the plan one thus a 3 bedroom house as not to compete with the next house. I heard the consumers really like this house and are willing to pay a lot more if this plan has a 4th bedroom. The 48 unit extension will have a 4th bedroom option at the loft where the current loft is too small to accommodate a bedroom and a closet.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
From what the sales told me, those 48 units are extension of Trellis court homes. Yesterday when I was there construction  guys were starting to clear the ground on that lot, so may be given the pace of sales at current trellis court CalPac may start building on that extension very soon.

yeah plan 1 looked nice to us. Just that the kitchen and living  room looked smallish. Plus when we were looking, plan 1 didn't offer the 4th bedroom option. We opted for plan 2 - seemed liked like a good option for the price and 4 bedrooms.

Latest prices for Trellis court.
Plan 4 is now almost 950K base.

Plan 3 from 895K

Plan 2 from 873K

Plan 1 from 886K

Interestingly plan 1 is now priced higher than plan 2 although plan 1 has smaller Sqt. I figure the layout of plan 1 with front patio is more appealing to buyers.

Man IP sure did a great job marketing CVE. Road my bike here yesterday to check it out. Pretty crappy location. How is Melo Roos so low at this location? IP method of sticking it to 5 Point?

rickr said:
Man IP sure did a great job marketing CVE. Road my bike here yesterday to check it out. Pretty crappy location. How is Melo Roos so low at this location? IP method of sticking it to 5 Point?

The neighborhood is developed by TIC and the home are built by CalPac, IP is not involved here. ;)

The real MR, the CFD, of $1700 here at CVE is actually exactly the same amount as the one in Stonegate, EW and main CV.  Only thing differ here is that CVE does not have that additional AD bond, which can range from $1,000 to $3000 in the other villages.

Not exactly sure why CVE don't have that AD bond like everyoneelse does but it sure make this neighborhood even more attractive.

rickr said:

why do you think the location is crappy?

Felt very remote. Especially the distance needed to traveler to get to CV Elem and Jeffrey Trail Middle school. Once everything is developed around it I guess it would feel different.

Distance to schools probably won't be much of an issue.  My guess is that IUSD will eventually rezone CVE to Beacon Park...it just makes too much sense.

I hope so too that school gets zoned to Beacon Park. Currently CV Elementary is full for 1st  grade so IUSD
is offering us Eastwood Elementary.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I hope so too that school gets zoned to Beacon Park. Currently CV Elementary is full for 1st  grade so IUSD
is offering us Eastwood Elementary.

1st grade is full this year or for next year (17-18)?  why don't you see if they'll give you BP?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Distance to the schools is true...kinda further away.

I test drove from CVE to both schools during a weekend. It was less than 5-6 minutes. Regarding rush hours, 8-9 minutes driving is Ok for me.

yeah, not so bad I guess the drive from CVE to the designated home school.  For now since  Eastwood elementary is what they are asking us to go, I have to factor in the drive from CVE to Eastwood village...and kinda not so thrilled that I buy  in a new village like CVE but have to drive to another new village for the school.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
full for 2017 school year. I requested beacon park, but IUSD has determined Eastwood school to be the one they will allot  by default.

CVE does not carry the MR AD bond tax as the Great Park neighborhood. That is one of the advantage and disadvantages of this neighborhood. Also when your kid reach high school, the drive will be even further as it have zoned for Irvine high on walnut and culver.

yeah, the drive to high school is bothersome.  We have 8 yrs before our kid gets to that stage, hoping that CVE gets zoned to Beacon park by then or we move up to a true SFR in another part of irvine :)

Back