Cypress Village East Master Thread

lnc said:
Is Cypress Village East zoned into SVUSD?

From the map, look like anything south of Trabuco in GP will be zoned to SVUSD.

South of Pinehurst will be zoned for SVUSD because they are building a Senior Living Community but all of 'Cypress Village East' will be zoned for IUSD, Cypress Village Elem, Jeffrey Trail Middle & Irvine HS. As seen, here:
https://iusd.org/enrollment/documents/IUSD_HighSchoolAttendance_2017-2018.pdf

Reviving this thread. Anyone end up buying here?  :)

Yeah, we ended up buying here. We went with plan three Trellis. I really enjoy living here so far. I'm looking forward to enjoying the spring and summer here.

I am curious as to when the retail center called Base Camp is going to start building. I walk a lot and the closet retail is WTC, not far but boy would I enjoy something closer especially if there is a Pharmacy or grocery store for picking up some items quickly.

Also does anyone know what's going in at the corner of Ridge Valley and Great Park within the CVE walls? It looks like they are done using space for the Lantana plans.

The Ducks and others broke ground on the new ice rink across the street! Looking forward to that as I have a couple little ones.

One thing I'm confused about for sure is that in this area (G
P) with all the new housing, where is the retail? Hopefully I get to enjoy the benefits of a Five Points retail center soon. If anyone has some details on this, please do share!

Awesome Fxguy! We ended up buying in CVE so we'll be neighbors! I asked about Base Camp, recently, while visiting some of the Parasol Park models.  It looks like they are going to curve Great Park Blvd and include some shopping/retail for the GP community.  The retailers will be facing the neighborhood so if you're on Great Park Blvd, you'll be facing the back of the retailers.  From the sounds of it, it's going to be pretty awesome and should be completed by 2018.

The corner of Ridge Valley and Great Park, inside CVE, will be affordable housing, unfortunately.  It was almost a deal-breaker for us but hope that whatever they put up will look pretty clean.  They didn't mention it until we were deep in the sales contract, signing the disclosures. You should have had to sign something about it.

They're also supposed to be building some retail on the corner of Sand Canyon and Great Park Blvd, next to Avella. We'll see what's going on there.  Overall, I think CVE is going to be awesome being so close to the Ice Rink, shopping and Great Park.  When Great Park is built out, it should be great! I'm also looking forward to it with my little ones!  :)

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's good retail for us! Also, nice to meet you neighbor! It looks like whatever is going in the corner has its own entrance cause there is a ramp going towards Great Park Blvd. Also, I'm sure they'll make it look nice. I don't think the affordable housing is that bad. I moved from the Northern Va area - Falls Church and at least over there the affordable housing was mainly setup for teachers and public servants. I know it can be hard to live in Irvine if you're a teacher. I'm not sure how these things work here.

Side note, when do you think Google Maps will have our streets and addresses showing in their databases? LOL

Prototype said:
Awesome Fxguy! We ended up buying a Plan 3 at Tristania so we'll be neighbors! I asked about Base Camp, recently, while visiting some of the Parasol Park models.  It looks like they are going to curve Great Park Blvd and include some shopping/retail for the GP community.  The retailers will be facing the neighborhood so if you're on Great Park Blvd, you'll be facing the back of the retailers.  From the sounds of it, it's going to be pretty awesome and should be completed by 2018.

The corner of Ridge Valley and Great Park, inside CVE, will be affordable housing, unfortunately.  It was almost a deal-breaker for us but hope that whatever they put up will look pretty clean.  They didn't mention it until we were deep in the sales contract, signing the disclosures. You should have had to sign something about it.

They're also supposed to be building some retail on the corner of Sand Canyon and Great Park Blvd, next to Avella. We'll see what's going on there.  Overall, I think CVE is going to be awesome being so close to the Ice Rink, shopping and Great Park.  When Great Park is built out, it should be great! I'm also looking forward to it with my little ones!  :)

Fxguy said:
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's good retail for us! Also, nice to meet you neighbor! It looks like whatever is going in the corner has its own entrance cause there is a ramp going towards Great Park Blvd. Also, I'm sure they'll make it look nice. I don't think the affordable housing is that bad. I moved from the Northern Va area - Falls Church and at least over there the affordable housing was mainly setup for teachers and public servants. I know it can be hard to live in Irvine if you're a teacher. I'm not sure how these things work here.

Side note, when do you think Google Maps will have our streets and addresses showing in their databases? LOL

Prototype said:
Awesome Fxguy! We ended up buying a Plan 3 at Tristania so we'll be neighbors! I asked about Base Camp, recently, while visiting some of the Parasol Park models.  It looks like they are going to curve Great Park Blvd and include some shopping/retail for the GP community.  The retailers will be facing the neighborhood so if you're on Great Park Blvd, you'll be facing the back of the retailers.  From the sounds of it, it's going to be pretty awesome and should be completed by 2018.

Shot you a PM. :)

Good to see some residents on TI from CVE!  My family bought a Plan 2 in Trellis Court, and we love it so far.  CalPacific has been amazing with their service post-closing, and we can't wait until everything gets built out soon.

Fxguy said:

Prototype said:

Congratulations on your new place! We'll be neighbors soon! Agreed on CalPac, they've been absolutely amazing.  Even the design center experience was awesome!!! I'm really happy that we chose them as a builder.

id_rather_be_racing said:
Good to see some residents on TI from CVE!  My family bought a Plan 2 in Trellis Court, and we love it so far.  CalPacific has been amazing with their service post-closing, and we can't wait until everything gets built out soon.

Provide a brief explanation how California Pacific Homes is amazing.

Prototype said:
Congratulations on your new place! We'll be neighbors soon! Agreed on CalPac, they've been absolutely amazing.  Even the design center experience was awesome!!! I'm really happy that we chose them as a builder.

Ok, since you asked for an explanation:

I am a Trellis Court home buyer and will say that the professionalism and service level of the staff of California Pacific Homes are unparallel. It is important to let everyone know that this is my first home purchase.  Here are just some examples of my experience thus far (after I signed and gave my deposit).

They go out of their way to help the customer.
- I came upon a sale for a refrigerator that would have expired that same day but couldn?t go to the model home to take measurements to make sure that it would fit before buying.  I contacted the sales manager via email for help.  She not only acknowledged my message but also went out to the model home to take measurements and send them to me within the hour.

- I was ordering shutters for my home at a business in Lake Forest.  Because I don?t have a spouse or someone with expertise in home design, I emailed the California Pacific Homes Design Center.  As the sales person of the shutters business was asking me questions one by one, I send each one off to the CalPac Design Center and got a reply each time.  It was almost happening in real-time too.  Just amazing!

- I have visited the office many times to bounce off ideas for d?cor and matching colors as well as to ask questions about logistics and what to expect as I get closer to my move-in date.  And each time, the sales manager made time to sit down and answer my questions.  This even included me dropping by with over 10 samples of window treatments to go over.

I can honestly say that the staff goes out of their way to make sure that the customer is buying their dream home and that the entire experience reflects it.

By the way, I can?t wait to meet some of my new neighbors next month.  You guys here on Talk Irvine seem really cool!

Does CVE has that 1915 AD bond/tax?

Most of new neighborhood have the AD tax and the CFD (the Mello Roos) taxes.  I'm just curious since there's no disclosure of such AD tax in the builder's info sheet here in CVE. 

Thats good to hear your story. This is one of many good buyer experience I heard regarding Cal Pac Homes.

MrSeven said:
Ok, since you asked for an explanation:

I am a Trellis Court home buyer and will say that the professionalism and service level of the staff of California Pacific Homes are unparallel. It is important to let everyone know that this is my first home purchase.  Here are just some examples of my experience thus far (after I signed and gave my deposit).

They go out of their way to help the customer.
- I came upon a sale for a refrigerator that would have expired that same day but couldn?t go to the model home to take measurements to make sure that it would fit before buying.  I contacted the sales manager via email for help.  She not only acknowledged my message but also went out to the model home to take measurements and send them to me within the hour.

- I was ordering shutters for my home at a business in Lake Forest.  Because I don?t have a spouse or someone with expertise in home design, I emailed the California Pacific Homes Design Center.  As the sales person of the shutters business was asking me questions one by one, I send each one off to the CalPac Design Center and got a reply each time.  It was almost happening in real-time too.  Just amazing!

- I have visited the office many times to bounce off ideas for d?cor and matching colors as well as to ask questions about logistics and what to expect as I get closer to my move-in date.  And each time, the sales manager made time to sit down and answer my questions.  This even included me dropping by with over 10 samples of window treatments to go over.

I can honestly say that the staff goes out of their way to make sure that the customer is buying their dream home and that the entire experience reflects it.

By the way, I can?t wait to meet some of my new neighbors next month.  You guys here on Talk Irvine seem really cool!

From what I've read on this forum, the level of service post-close is where the builders differentiate themselves.  Our Customer Service rep Buddy has been the most responsive and fastest-working guy I've ever met.  Him and his team have been very helpful with the small and big stuff here and there, and Karen and Valerie at the sales office are super friendly.  I regularly stop by the office to pick up each phase's pricing sheet, which they provide without hesitation.  It's nice to see the homes are pretty much selling out quickly.  I think the low MR ($1700/yr for Trellis Court, no annual increases) really helps sell the homes here.

I figure the service response time will slow down when all the other phases start moving in, but so far so good.

This was also my first home purchase, and they made the process super easy for me.

eyephone said:
Provide a brief explanation how California Pacific Homes is amazing.

Prototype said:

Buddy, Karen and Valerie are incredibly wonderful people and have set the bar extremely high for customer service and satisfaction.  So glad I bought in Trellis Court!

Travata, a 243 units of senior housing units (condos) is coming to CVE.

Located south of Trellis Court and north of Marine Way. 

Attachments

• CVE senior housing location.jpg
    CVE senior housing location.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,528
Irvinehomeseeker said:
lnc said:
243 units of senior housing units (condos) is coming to CVE.

Located south of Trellis Court and north of Marine Way.

Is this good or bad for CVE or you are just sharing news?

Just sharing what I stumbled on.  Was trying to find out about the future development in the remaining empty lot iof CVE  and found this.

There's another filing regarding to 48 condo units on the corner of Agustine and Barrington (in lot 4, west of Trellis Court) but can't find any details. 

From what the sales told me, those 48 units are extension of Trellis court homes. Yesterday when I was there construction  guys were starting to clear the ground on that lot, so may be given the pace of sales at current trellis court CalPac may start building on that extension very soon.

You are correct.  Those homes represent the extension of Trellis Court.  Also, those homes south of the community for seniors will be built by California Atlantic Homes.  Unlike Trellis Court, those homes are zoned for Saddleback Unified School District.

Good info guys.

So more Trellus Court at CVE, nice.  It's has been selling extremely well, sold 3/4 of the original planned units in less than 10 months.  CalPac are also going to build more Trellis Court at northern end of PS but I think the location here at CVE are much more convenient. 

Back