"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".

That's a lot of should woulda...of course they wouldn't have been mistaken for the guy ICE was looking for as he was not white either. They were looking for a latino individual not a white one, simple description.  Additionally, they would not have had to run if they were here legally to begin with...tons of presumptions there to twist it into a racial motive.  Anyway, getting back to the war at hand, another front has been opened...

President Trump Has Signed an Executive Order Pushing Work Requirements in Return for Welfare

In January, officials announced that states would be able to impose work requirements for Medicaid. And they?ve proposed tightening the existing requirement that able-bodied adults who want to receive SNAP benefits for more than three months at a time must work in some capacity.

http://time.com/5235889/trump-executive-order-welfare-work-requirements/

California performs poorly on food stamp program

The program?s State Activity Reports provide some additional insights based on state-level data. In fiscal year 2015, the most recent data available, California?s 4.4 million participants represented 9.7 percent of the national total ? and 11 percent of total payouts. Those benefits averaged $142 per month per person, or about $300 per household ? the third-highest state benefit in the nation.

California?s costs of administering the program are also inordinately high. State administrative costs were $68.92 per case per month, trailing only Wyoming ($81.37) among the states. That is 143 percent higher than the national average ? and 185 percent higher than the average of the other 49 states. Florida had the lowest administrative costs, at just $6.96 per case per month.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/27/california-performs-poorly-on-food-stamp-program/

fortune11 said:
yes being a convicted felon (for whatever reason) means you lose all other rights I guess, esp. if you are poor .  no one knows all the circumstances but the broader point is ICE has been given license to act like goons and endangering people's lives.  The mistaken identity for which this couple paid w their lives probably wouldn't have happened if they were white.

The couple died because of their own actions.  Thankfully, nobody else was killed as the result of their reckless actions. 

Nobody is happy that they died, but it's obvious their deaths are being used to push a political narrative, not a fact-based, truthful narrative.

Cops lie all the time when protecting their own hides.  That still doesn't make this an issue of race.  The two pursuing officers were also Hispanic, which ultimately is irrelevant, but maybe fortune11 imagines them to be racist white guys or something.

We're at 7 out of 34 OC cities by my count.  We need to rally the latest resistance in tent city folks to put this one on the next city council agenda.

morekaos said:
[size=12pt]You all know how much I love Kaos. Well we now have it, and right on our front door, thanks to Trump and Jeff Sessions we have the best seats in the house to witness Political high court drama.

Indeed you do love "Kaos."  Barack Obama gave Americans eight miserable years of it, during which time divisiveness increased from 46% to 86%, according to a Pew Research Poll.  This is the guy who promised "to bring Americans back together."  He did exactly the opposite, fomenting race and class warfare, welcoming tens of thousands of Muslims from third world crapholes, and approving bump stocks, one or more of which was used in the Las Vegas massacre of fifty-four people, and the injuries to hundreds more. 

Keep saying that to yourself! Maybe less GOP members won?t say they won?t seek re-election.

Let?s face it. Congress gets a decent salary (compared to the average American) and great benefits. You have to ask yourself why are they not re-running.

eyephone said:
Keep saying that to yourself! Maybe less GOP members won?t say they won?t seek re-election.

Let?s face it. Congress gets a decent salary (compared to the average American) and great benefits. You have to ask yourself why are they not re-running.

the real money is in "consulting" after retiring from public service. perhaps they want to ride that wave while the economy is good rather than potentially retire into a recession where their influence won't earn the same pretty penny.

Welcome to the field Costa Mesa...put it on the camp...those people have it!!

Costa Mesa becomes O.C.?s latest city to oppose California?s ?sanctuary state? law

In a contentious vote early Wednesday, the Costa Mesa City Council became Orange County's latest governing body to declare official opposition to Senate Bill 54, a California "sanctuary state" law that provides expanded protection for undocumented immigrants.

The 3-2 decision to adopt a resolution against SB 54 prompted cheers and chants of "USA! USA!" from opponents of the law who waited in City Hall until roughly 1 a.m. for the council's vote.
[url]http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-cm-sb54-20180502-story.html[/url]
https://youtu.be/SQRGuX_a5Fg

The rebellion quietly grows

Santa Clarita may join other cities in opposing California's 'sanctuary' law

The debate over California's immigration laws raged on in Santa Clarita on Tuesday evening as the City Council considered formally opposing the state's so-called sanctuary law and filing a brief in support of the Trump administration's lawsuit against the state.
Santa Clarita could become what is believed to be the first city in Los Angeles County to officially oppose SB 54, potentially joining a handful of municipalities elsewhere in Southern California that have challenged the law since Gov. Jerry Brown signed it in October.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-clarita-sanctuary-20180508-story.html

Kaos - Are you voting John Cox or Travis Allen in the upcoming primary?

I've heard Allen on the radio and really liked what he had to say.  He also has some experience in state government.

Cox has run for office in Illinois several times, but never held office.  He has some affiliations with different political organizations in California though.

I guess what I'm confused about is why John Cox is leading Travis Allen in the polls.  I know he injected about $3 million of his own money into the campaign, so maybe that has helped get his name out there.

They had a debate yesterday with all six candidates (Dems & Reps) running, so I'll have to try to watch that.

At first blush I am voting for Travis Allen but I am a bit concerned about getting a man into second position for the Primary race.  I would love to see a traditional Repub/Dem election at the top but I would puke at a Newsome/Villa Regosa choice so I am going to have to think about elect ability as a factor.

morekaos said:
At first blush I am voting for Travis Allen but I am a bit concerned about getting a man into second position for the Primary race.  I would love to see a traditional Repub/Dem election at the top but I would puke at a Newsome/Villa Regosa choice so I am going to have to think about elect ability as a factor.

I think a lot of Republicans feel the way you do, and it doesn't help that the polling hasn't been very consistent.  Some have showed Villar in second place and others in fourth place.  I'm inclined to vote for who I believe in and let the chips fall where they may.

The main advantage to having a Republican in the governor's race is not that he will necessarily win - I still expect him to lose - but that it will motivate Republicans to get out and vote which should really help with the gas tax repeal and other ballot initiatives.

Gavin Newsom a target in last California governor debate
Gavin Newsom, the lieutenant governor and former San Francisco mayor, entered Tuesday?s debate firmly in first place and absorbed blows from his rivals from both parties seeking the second of two slots on the general election ballot. He ignored the Democrats but engaged in several tense exchanges with the Republicans.

In the tensest of them all, Republican Assemblyman Travis Allen referenced an affair Newsom had with a San Francisco staffer who was married to his friend and adviser.

?If you can?t trust Gavin with his best friend?s wife how can you trust him with your state?? Allen said.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/09/gavin-newsom-a-target-in-last-california-governor-debate/

BOOM!

There is a "resistance" movement, but not the one they think of...

No Sanctuary! Rising Chorus of California Cities Bucks Gov. Brown

More American cities are now rising up in opposition to state sanctuary laws.

Hanford, California is the latest of nearly three dozen California jurisdictions ? including San Diego and Orange County ? that say they'll cooperate with  ICE agents pursuing illegal immigrants.
[url]http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/may/no-sanctuary-rising-chorus-of-california-cities-bucks-gov-brown[/url]

Southern California leaders opposed to sanctuary state law to meet with President Trump in DC

WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Southern California leaders opposed to California's sanctuary state law will meet with President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.

The roundtable discussion started around noon at the White House.

Leaders from Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties as well as about a dozen other local leaders attended the meeting.

The mayor of Los Alamitos also attended. The city's move to officially oppose the law sparked other cities to do the same.

http://abc7.com/politics/socal-leaders-opposed-to-sanctuary-law-to-meet-with-president/3481949/

morekaos said:
There is a "resistance" movement, but not the one they think of...

No Sanctuary! Rising Chorus of California Cities Bucks Gov. Brown

More American cities are now rising up in opposition to state sanctuary laws.

Hanford, California is the latest of nearly three dozen California jurisdictions ? including San Diego and Orange County ? that say they'll cooperate with  ICE agents pursuing illegal immigrants.
[url]http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/may/no-sanctuary-rising-chorus-of-california-cities-bucks-gov-brown[/url]

Southern California leaders opposed to sanctuary state law to meet with President Trump in DC

WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Southern California leaders opposed to California's sanctuary state law will meet with President Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday.

The roundtable discussion started around noon at the White House.

Leaders from Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties as well as about a dozen other local leaders attended the meeting.

The mayor of Los Alamitos also attended. The city's move to officially oppose the law sparked other cities to do the same.

http://abc7.com/politics/socal-leaders-opposed-to-sanctuary-law-to-meet-with-president/3481949/

Too bad we got royally screwed big time with the tax bill.
(If you rent it doesn?t matter, I guess)

Back