"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".

fortune11 said:
nothing but stupid . bush probably did it in response to an actual threat (and please don't sidetrack here by bringing up Iraq) , whereas current doofus in chief is going off the crazy " grand caravan " theories peddled by fox news . 

I know, the natural response would be - why would anyone object to this, it is only for safety of all Americans, right ?  border crossings are at an all time low and people who could actually use help from a boosted national guard are in Puerto rico , even now without full power . 

it is really fox news who is in charge of national security policy now , must be a comforting thought.  but hey who cares , as long we can "own the libs" we are all happy and content ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQ_2RxRGeE

I'm all for militarizing the border but that is really for another topic.  I injected this because it is another jab at Cali in this ongoing battle over authority.  these are all skirmishes feeding the bigger war.

morekaos said:
I'm all for militarizing the border but that is really for another topic.  I injected this because it is another jab at Cali in this ongoing battle over authority.  these are all skirmishes feeding the bigger war.

I don?t think this governor has the energy or motivation left to fight given he is retiring soon. He will probably leave it to someone like newsome to pick up any bigger fights .

I accompanied my daughter's class to Sacramento last week to learn about the state capital.  It was hard for us parents to suppress our cynical comments in front of the kids, but we mostly managed to do so, so they could have an untarnished view of our state's history and civics.  Along the way, we passed through Fresno and saw the Bullet Train to nowhere being built near the freeway.  I'm sure all of those union construction workers are loving the billion dollar give away, but our kids will be paying for that debacle for generations.

On a separate note, I heard from an acquaintance at church that he and his wife just got notice that their monthly rent will be increased by $800.  His wife is a stay at home mom, but she will now need to find work.  Even with a new job they will be forced to move, since her earning power isn't great and I imagine they will be forced into a smaller house in a less desirable area than where they currently live (a Great Schools 10 district).

California is in great shape if you are 0-10%'er like most of us on this board. 

The working class is being left behind and California has turned into a real nightmare for many people.  If you don't have the right education or excellent technical skills, you are basically screwed now.  The discouraging choice for even moderately well-educated people is to move out of state, endure a soul-crushing commute from the IE, or live in a desirable coastal area but fall further and further behind.

This is old but it has only gotten worse. Take the time to read about the ?other? California, it is still there...

Good-Bye California
How The 'Progressives' Ruined The State

By Victor Davis Hansen

I think I know the answer to this paradox. Missing entirely in the above description is the attitude of the host, which by any historical standard can only be termed "indifferent. " California does not care whether one broke the law to arrive here or continues to break it by staying. It asks nothing of the illegal immigrant - no proficiency in English, no acquaintance with American history and values, no proof of income, no record of education or skills. It does provide all the public assistance that it can afford (and more that it borrows for), and apparently waives enforcement of most of California 's burdensome regulations and civic statutes that increasingly have plagued productive citizens to the point of driving them out.

How odd that we overregulate those who are citizens and have capital to the point of banishing them from the state, but do not regulate those who are aliens and without capital to the point of encouraging millions more to follow in their footsteps. How odd - to paraphrase what Critias once said of ancient Sparta - that California is at once both the nation's most unfree and most free state, the most repressed and the wildest.

Hundreds of thousands sense all that and vote accordingly with their feet, both into and out of California - and the result is a sort of social, cultural, economic, and political time-bomb, whose ticks are getting louder.

http://rense.com/general92/goodd.htm

fortune11 said:
Going by this logic , someone who comes into contact with good ol white boys in executive suites ripping the common joe and the taxpayer (this is more common than you think btw) would conclude that crime rate among rich white men was worse than illegal immigrants ??

Been there. If its my bias its my bias but frankly more execs needvto be doing perp walks.

morekaos said:
This is old bit it has only gotten worse. Take the time to read about the ?other? California, it is still there...

Good-Bye California
How The 'Progressives' Ruined The State

By Victor Davis Hansen

I think I know the answer to this paradox. Missing entirely in the above description is the attitude of the host, which by any historical standard can only be termed "indifferent. " California does not care whether one broke the law to arrive here or continues to break it by staying. It asks nothing of the illegal immigrant - no proficiency in English, no acquaintance with American history and values, no proof of income, no record of education or skills. It does provide all the public assistance that it can afford (and more that it borrows for), and apparently waives enforcement of most of California 's burdensome regulations and civic statutes that increasingly have plagued productive citizens to the point of driving them out.

How odd that we overregulate those who are citizens and have capital to the point of banishing them from the state, but do not regulate those who are aliens and without capital to the point of encouraging millions more to follow in their footsteps. How odd - to paraphrase what Critias once said of ancient Sparta - that California is at once both the nation's most unfree and most free state, the most repressed and the wildest.

Hundreds of thousands sense all that and vote accordingly with their feet, both into and out of California - and the result is a sort of social, cultural, economic, and political time-bomb, whose ticks are getting louder.

http://rense.com/general92/goodd.htm
The most effective way to maintain the fiction that "undocumented" aliens are not criminals is to not prosecute them for crimes. LA has already decriminalized health violations for street vendors while legitimate restaurant owners will still be prosecuted for health code violations. Of course, endangering public health is a small price to pay to resist Trump.

And then there is this ...

In brief ?

-husband and wife drop their daughter off at school
-ICE agents mistake husband for someone else and pursue
-the couple crash their car and die
-ICE agents say they weren?t pursuing
-surveillance footage shows they lied
-ICE spokesman blames the crash on ?sanctuary policies?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ice-crash-20180409-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

And?

Officials for ICE have said that Garcia matched the description of the person whom agents sought to arrest. Delano police said that after initially stopping, the couple fled in their car and "recklessly" passed westbound traffic by crossing into an eastbound lane. The maneuver caused vehicles traveling east to move to avoid crashing, the police report said.
The driver, Santos Hilario Garcia, passed additional motorists on the north dirt shoulder, before crashing into a utility pole.
Garcia had been convicted in 2014 of driving under the influence and was voluntarily returned to Mexico three times between 2008 and 2017. Profecto had no prior encounters with ICE.
Three witnesses to the crash said the couple's car was not being followed or chased and that no police were present, according to the police report.

morekaos said:
And?

Officials for ICE have said that Garcia matched the description of the person whom agents sought to arrest. Delano police said that after initially stopping, the couple fled in their car and "recklessly" passed westbound traffic by crossing into an eastbound lane. The maneuver caused vehicles traveling east to move to avoid crashing, the police report said.
The driver, Santos Hilario Garcia, passed additional motorists on the north dirt shoulder, before crashing into a utility pole.
Garcia had been convicted in 2014 of driving under the influence and was voluntarily returned to Mexico three times between 2008 and 2017. Profecto had no prior encounters with ICE.
Three witnesses to the crash said the couple's car was not being followed or chased and that no police were present, according to the police report.

"Speeding car driving erratically puts other drivers in danger by ignoring road laws and kills themselves."

Once again, actually read the article before commenting. 

"But surveillance footage obtained by the Police Department showed that one of two cars driven by the deportation officers had its front and rear emergency lights activated and the second had its rear emergency lights activated. A time stamp showed the couple's car at 06:48:42 traveling at a faster rate of speed than other traffic. At 06:48:52, two cars that matched the deportation officers' vehicles followed with the lights activated, according to the report.

The statements provided by the deportation officers, "contradict with the surveillance review conducted," the department stated in its report. The Delano Police Department declined to comment further."

People hoarding guns to fancy themselves as patriotic militia against a supposedly tyrannical law enforcement have no problem allowing them to lie and cheat when the victims are black / brown and "other" than  your own tribe  - it is not much more complicated than that

So, they had their hazards on...how about not bolting? Even if they had the lights on 3 eyewitnesses say they were not even near the fleeing vehicle.

fortune11 said:
People hoarding guns to fancy themselves as patriotic militia against a supposedly tyrannical law enforcement have no problem allowing them to lie and cheat when the victims are black / brown and "other" than  your own tribe  - it is not much more complicated than that

What a sorry use of the race card.  If the police are attempting to pull you over, then stop and follow their commands.  Do you think whites that lead police on pursuits are somehow treated better?

Let's not pretend like this guy was a saint.  Prior convicted felon that was deported 3 times who put other motorists' lives at risk for his own selfish livelihood.

yes being a convicted felon (for whatever reason) means you lose all other rights I guess, esp. if you are poor .  no one knows all the circumstances but the broader point is ICE has been given license to act like goons and endangering people's lives.  The mistaken identity for which this couple paid w their lives probably wouldn't have happened if they were white. 

Let ICE safely detain people at jails, courthouses, and other government property so they don't have to go out into the community and risk someone recklessly trying to evade them.

Back