"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".

Probably an illegal

man driving recklessly at high speeds was tracked down by officers and shot by Anaheim police.

An Anaheim police helicopter was tracking the driver, who was driving at speeds exceeding 100 mph on the 405 Freeway Tuesday night.

Before police could catch up to him, he crashed on the 405 Freeway at Jamboree Road in Irvine. About 20 minutes later, the suspect was located near the Von Karman Avenue overpass, investigators said, and that's when the shooting happened.

The suspect, identified as 24-year-old Kenneth John Yamashita-Magarro, was rushed to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
http://abc7.com/reckless-driving-suspect-crashes-shot-by-police-in-irvine/3271964/

Another illegal from one of those sh*thole countries

An 18-year-old exchange student from Taiwan was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly "threatening to shoot up" a Pennsylvania high school, local police said this morning.

According to the Upper Darby Police, the suspect, An Tso Sun, had a slew of items in his home including: a military-style ballistic vest; high-powered crossbow with scope and light; arrows; 29 rounds of 9mm ammunition; a strangling device; a "military" ski mask; and ear protectors for firing.

Authorities also found a school-issued iPad that allegedly showed Sun was searching weapons like AK-47s and AR-15s, said Michael Chitwood, superintendent of Upper Darby Police.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exchange-...hoot-high-174803336--abc-news-topstories.html

Actual hard data and facts ... not some b/s because you just "feel" it has to be true or because your crazy old uncle posted a brietbart link  on facebook

The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/30/upshot/crime-immigration-myth.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Immigrant population
+109% since 1980
in typical metro area

Violent crime rate
-23% since 1980

In a majority of areas, the number of immigrants increased at least 57 percent and as much as 183 percent, with the greatest increases occurring in the 1990s and early 2000s. Violent crime rates in most areas ranged between a 43 percent decline and a 6 percent rise, often trending downward by the 2000s. Places with a sharp rise in the immigrant population experienced increases in crime rates no more frequently than those with modest or no growth in immigration. On average, the immigrant population grew by 137 percent between 1980 and 2016, with average crime falling 12 percent over the same period.

Nobody has argued that immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate, so fortune11 is posting a strawman in order to muddy the waters.

Illegal aliens do commit crimes at a higher rate, which is why fortune11 and Irvinecommuter choose to live in Irvine and not Santa Ana.  To them, it is worth the risk to others if they can get all the benefits of cheap, illegal labor without any of the drawbacks.  This is limousine liberal thinking.

Liar Loan said:
Nobody has argued that immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate, so fortune11 is posting a strawman in order to muddy the waters.

Illegal aliens do commit crimes at a higher rate, which is why fortune11 and Irvinecommuter choose to live in Irvine and not Santa Ana.  To them, it is worth the risk to others if they can get all the benefits of cheap, illegal labor without any of the drawbacks.  This is limousine liberal thinking.

Man I wish I had a limousine

But since you are so sure about everything , do you have any data to support these rants ?

Liar Loan said:

/eyeroll

Wow...I mean how can I argue against that.

fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:

Man I wish I had a limousine

But since you are so sure about everything , do you have any data to support these rants ?

I worked at a trauma center and the members of the knife and gun clubs we kept sewing back up (on your dime and mine) so they could come visit us again spoke not a word of English and all lived in Santa Ana. Their families knew this......... No English, No English. Interpreter Por Favor!

No white boys for us.

And then I worked in a Birthing Center in Anaheim and we got all the baby mommas who spoke no English either. Many came in with no prenatal care and the doctors said they just got to the states just in time to have their babies......... again on your dime and mine.

I didn't need statistics to figure out who was paying for what and where these people were coming from.

Going by this logic , someone who comes into contact with good ol white boys in executive suites ripping the common joe and the taxpayer (this is more common than you think btw) would conclude that crime rate among rich white men was worse than illegal immigrants ??

See what happens when we let our personal baggage color our view of the world and reject hard facts and objectivity ?

Many people of color and immigrants (especially Asians ) fall prey to this line of thinking more than even whites sometimes. 

fortune11 said:
Going by this logic , someone who comes into contact with good ol white boys in executive suites ripping the common joe and the taxpayer (this is more common than you think btw) would conclude that crime rate among rich white men was worse than illegal immigrants ??

See what happens when we let our personal baggage color our view of the world and reject hard facts and objectivity ?

Many people of color and immigrants (especially Asians ) fall prey to this line of thinking more than even whites sometimes.

I mean one in seven Asian immigrants in the United States is an illegal immigrant...
http://aapidata.com/blog/asian-undoc-1in7/
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...legal-immigration-doesnt-always-match-reality

Yes, yes who are we to deprive them of the American dream?

Illegal immigrant cop killer smirks at death sentence-- and victims? families grin back

Illegal immigrant Luis Bracamontes smiled again Tuesday as a California jury handed him a death sentence following his conviction in the 2014 killing of two sheriff's deputies, but this time, the deputies' families gave the cold-blooded killer a taste of his own medicine.

http://www.politixlive.com/illegal-immigrant-cop-killer-smirks-at-death-sentence-and-victims-families-grin-back/

[quote author=Ready2Downsize link=topic=16176.msg329110#msg329110

No white boys for us.

... again on your dime and mine.

[/quote

Any stereotyping has to be countered with outliers, so here it is.

When I went to a prestigious Public College orientation, one of the session had a choice  for the parents to attend- Attend a class with a professor or attend a workshop for need based financial assistance

All white parents went to the financial assistance sessions

All asian parents, most of them immigrants with accent, attended a class with a prof.

So may be .. yours and my dime actually nowadys include  immigrants money,  I know you didn't say otherwise but the implication from the first statment is crime by immigrants and money by whites.

One common theme you will find in many of these right wing posts is -- bitterness and anger -- and deep seated grudges that may have no basis in current reality or actual facts.

turn on Fox News after 4 pm and this anger factory is full time at work there.  tucker Carlson is still grumbling about Hilary Clinton emails a full 15 months after the election to keep his audience riled up and constantly foaming at the mouth.

There is common sense, facts-based middle ground -- which people can agree on --- and then there is this constant hectoring and demonizing of everyone who happens to not fall in the "picture perfect" category of what constitutes an ideal citizen of this country.

Welcome to the battle predominantly latino Escondido.  The war rages on.

Escondido, county may join federal lawsuit challenging state sanctuary laws

Two of the region?s more conservative government bodies ? the Escondido City Council and the county Board of Supervisors ? will decide soon whether to join a growing backlash against the state?s ?sanctuary? laws.

Escondido Mayor Sam Abed and Councilman John Masson have put an item on the April 4 agenda that would authorize the city?s filing of a legal brief in support of the federal government?s lawsuit challenging three state laws enacted last year.

?I expect it to pass,? Abed said Wednesday.

The San Diego County Board of Supervisors is expected to discuss the matter in closed session on April 17.

[url]http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/communities/north-county/sd-no-escondido-sanctuary-20180328-story.html
[/url]

A second front opens on the flank...

Trump administration moves on two fronts to challenge California environmental protections

The Trump administration openly threatened one of the cornerstones of California?s environmental protections Monday, saying that it may revoke the state?s ability under the Clean Air Act to impose stricter standards than the federal government sets for vehicle emissions.

The announcement came as the administration confirmed it is tearing up landmark fuel economy rules that formed a key part of the effort by the Obama administration and California officials to combat global warming ? and as the Justice Department sued to block a state law that limits the federal government?s ability to sell any of the 46 million acres it controls in California.

The double-barreled move marks a sharp assault on the state?s efforts to protect its environment as the Trump administration seeks to open more land in the West for mining, drilling and other interests.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/la-na-pol-epa-fuel-standards-20180402-story.html

So what do you think Moonbeam will do?  Obama and Bush did this before with little resistance. Will be an interesting skirmish to watch.

Trump Sending National Guard to Mexican Border

The Defense Department has in the past helped the Department of Homeland Security with border security measures, and George W. Bush and Barack Obama both deployed National Guard troops to the border during their presidencies to bolster security. Obama announced in May 2010 that as many as 1,200 national guard troops would help patrol fenced areas of the border, in addition to extra customs and border agents.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-04/trump-to-deploy-national-guard-units-to-protect-southern-border

nothing but stupid . bush probably did it in response to an actual threat (and please don't sidetrack here by bringing up Iraq) , whereas current doofus in chief is going off the crazy " grand caravan " theories peddled by fox news . 

I know, the natural response would be - why would anyone object to this, it is only for safety of all Americans, right ?  border crossings are at an all time low and people who could actually use help from a boosted national guard are in Puerto rico , even now without full power . 

it is really fox news who is in charge of national security policy now , must be a comforting thought.  but hey who cares , as long we can "own the libs" we are all happy and content ...

Back