COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

Soylent Green Is People said:
Andreis Irvine is back open for dine in. 2607 Main St.

They have always had a charitable giving side to their business model so a restaurant worth supporting IMHO.

My .02c

Used to have a client in that building and ate there many times. Great food.

Peppino's in Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Foothill Ranch are supposedly closed for good and filing bankruptcy after over 30 years in business.

The Aliso Viejo location, which is owned by a different family (although similar menu) is remaining open.

Sad... really liked that place. They had other locations in Woodbury and Tustin but those didn't do well.

irvinehomeowner said:
Peppino's in Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and Foothill Ranch are supposedly closed for good and filing bankruptcy after over 30 years in business.

The Aliso Viejo location, which is owned by a different family (although similar menu) is remaining open.

Sad... really liked that place. They had other locations in Woodbury and Tustin but those didn't do well.
I really hope with those really long and established restaurants, the people closing didn't lose their retirement nest eggs, etc, since often times business owners have so much sunk into their businesses, and this was more of a matter of, at the end of the day, they are ready to retire, maybe don't have kids or family who want to take over the business, selling was an option, but maybe not a huge desire, and so with all of this, they viewed it more as a time to slow down and retire. 

Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I really hope with those really long and established restaurants, the people closing didn't lose their retirement nest eggs, etc, since often times business owners have so much sunk into their businesses, and this was more of a matter of, at the end of the day, they are ready to retire, maybe don't have kids or family who want to take over the business, selling was an option, but maybe not a huge desire, and so with all of this, they viewed it more as a time to slow down and retire.

Sad to hear. Before COVID-19 they had already ended lunch service near my office.

irvinehomeowner said:

Oh that's really sad news to hear. I loved going to eat there for my heavy knock me out for 5 hours Italian fix.

Cares said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Oh that's really sad news to hear. I loved going to eat there for my heavy knock me out for 5 hours Italian fix.

I was at Foothill Ranch food court and I saw a husband and wife reading the sign on the Peppinos door and they almost started crying.  I think some people were hardcore regulars there.  They had patio seating and live music on Fridays and would often hear groups singing out loud while eating.  Another victim of COVID.

aquabliss said:
Cares said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was at Foothill Ranch food court and I saw a husband and wife reading the sign on the Peppinos door and they almost started crying.  I think some people were hardcore regulars there.  They had patio seating and live music on Fridays and would often hear groups singing out loud while eating.  Another victim of COVID.

Ha Are you serious?
I never go that way. Some people say Alton pkwy is a speed trap.

Javiers Newport Beach just closed after reopening. Per their Instagram, ?for deep cleaning and testing?. I saw somewhere else that 10 employees tested positive.

bones said:
Javiers Newport Beach just closed after reopening. Per their Instagram, ?for deep cleaning and testing?. I saw somewhere else that 10 employees tested positive.

Irvine Spectrum location is also closed but they are renovating.

Too much predictable and mediocre italian food in OC. My favorite for quality and value was always Villa Roma - formerly of Lake Forest but in Laguna Hills ever since El Toro rd was re-developed. They also have a full Argentine menu.

+1 on Villa Roma.

But I did like Peppino's. Others we frequent are Roma D' Italia in Tustin and a small family owned place in Lake Forest called Tutto Famiglia (<- highly recommended).

Farther south we like Mangia Bene.

In Irvine, North Italia is decent but really expensive (like Cucina Enoteca)... but I agree that Brio was meh.

List of restaurants currently closed due to COVID "outbreaks".

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusOC/comments/hai6dl/list_of_oc_restaurants_currently_closed_due_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

bones said:
List of restaurants currently closed due to COVID "outbreaks".

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusOC/comments/hai6dl/list_of_oc_restaurants_currently_closed_due_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Sunday, June 21:

- Northwood Pizza (Irvine)

Dang. We got take-out there about 3 weeks ago.

I guess we are okay since it's been over 14 days... unless we were asymptomatic. :)

Also, good thing we didn't go to Javier's or Boiling Crab... both places we were planning on celebrating a birthday at. :(

Chuck E Cheese closing locations but not all, filing Chapter 11 and trying to maintain itself.

Meanwhile, John's Incredible Pizza in Buena Park is reopening. Table service from their "Endless Menu" but unsure how they are going to do all those games with constant touches.

Back