COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

irvinehomeowner said:
Just went. Got the garlic chicken, paella and some appetizers.

So much better than my own cooking.

:)

My wife?s favorite was the garlic chicken then it was replaced by the garlic chicken breast

Tried to order to-go yesterday at Pho Hanoi (Cypress Village Center), no answer on the phone so drove by and everything was closed up.

Might be another COVID victim but hope not.  This wasn't the best Vietnamese found but it was convenient and the prices were decent. 

aquabliss said:
Tried to order to-go yesterday at Pho Hanoi (Cypress Village Center), no answer on the phone so drove by and everything was closed up.

Might be another COVID victim but hope not.  This wasn't the best Vietnamese found but it was convenient and the prices were decent. 

I think Da Luau is still open... have you tried them out?

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

I think Da Luau is still open... have you tried them out?

Ya, food is good but everything there is so sweet and fattening :)

What is wrong with sweet and fattening?

Speaking of... just found out from NextDoor that Tastea in Crossroads opened back up today.

We prefer them to the other tea/boba shops because they use real fruit in their drinks/slushes... and they don't have that Omomo-line. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
What is wrong with sweet and fattening?

Speaking of... just found out from NextDoor that Tastea in Crossroads opened back up today.

We prefer them to the other tea/boba shops because they use real fruit in their drinks/slushes... and they don't have that Omomo-line. :)

That's great news.  I've been waiting for them to open back up!  Their advantage over other tea/boba shops is that you can full customize sweetness and ice levels. 

I have no idea why Jollibee is so popular... and their line-up protocol is so bad... worse than Omomo's.

Kids were craving fried chicken and heard there was more meat available at Seafood City but the line (at both) was ridiculous.

KFC on the other hand is rarely that crowded (but I guess they have a drive-thru).

Maybe morekaos was right... but I still like KFC more. :)

Since you do a lot of take out, have you ventured to Santa Ana's Popeyes, how are the lines there, there's no drivethru there, but I want my Popeyes fix.

irvinehomeowner said:
I have no idea why Jollibee is so popular... and their line-up protocol is so bad... worse than Omomo's.

Kids were craving fried chicken and heard there was more meat available at Seafood City but the line (at both) was ridiculous.

KFC on the other hand is rarely that crowded (but I guess they have a drive-thru).

Maybe morekaos was right... but I still like KFC more. :)

I tend to stay in Irvine.

It's not that good to drive farther out, not be able to eat the food there and bring it home where it's not hot, not crispy etc.

The last time I went to that Popeye's was during the chicken sandwich craze... and I hate to admit it... theirs is probably the best for $3.99.

Don?t ask me how I know 😀 but you can download the Popeyes app and mobile order for pickup. No line, no wait.

iacrenter said:
Don?t ask me how I know 😀 but you can download the Popeyes app and mobile order for pickup. No line, no wait.

Thanks, probably next week sometime...wife gets to pick what we eat this weekend, doubt it's going to be Popeyes.

iacrenter said:

Hmm. When I was there, you still had to wait in the line with everyone else to do a mobile order pickup. They wouldn't let anyone skip ahead... even Grub/Door/Uber people which I thought was weird. Maybe they fixed that.

Back