COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

Cares said:
Hair salons got the green light to open in OC but I don't know which ones will open.

Got a haircut last Tuesday, first day they opened back up for their soft re-opening.  They didn't officially announce until late last week or early this week that they were open for business. 

Heard on the radio that LA is opening up too... Phase 3?

I think many local places are gearing up for dine-in starting June 1.

Maybe I'll head over to the Outlets at Orange (aka The Block) this weekend, it's outdoors... and I can use some Krispy Kremes. :)

I would go to the outlet in San Clemente but they seem to be anti-mask in South County.

That reminds me that on Monday I went to Balboa beach and saw crowds of people walking around w/o a mask.  I feel that it's a bit early to do normal things like that, but don't get me wrong, I'm glad all these people were out and about. 

Someone's gotta go first.

Krispy Kreme was insane the last time I went there. Drive-thru only or Mobile/Online order. Both lines were crazy. Waited 30 mins in line...might've been faster to do homemade donuts.

Had to head to Home Depot in Orange for a repair today.  Parking lot at 2PM was more crowded than your typical Saturday.  Katella looked like normal 2PM weekend traffic today too.  Not bad for a Wednesday.

nosuchreality said:
Had to head to Home Depot in Orange for a repair today.  Parking lot at 2PM was more crowded than your typical Saturday.  Katella looked like normal 2PM weekend traffic today too.  Not bad for a Wednesday.

I do not go to HD. Because the self service line they make you use the scanner gun to ring up the purchase. (on Jamboree)
The normal lines were closed when I went.

nosuchreality said:

So were these people not shopping before because they were scared to go out and risk their lives or because the shutdown was in effect?

Did the virus go away? That fear sure dissipated fast right IHO?

Another misinformation/propaganda post. People were going to Home Depot before. I went there like 10 times during the stay at home. They were always packaged. (Really long line to enter the store) Like entering a club!

I bet many stores and restaurants would like to have the crowd control/club line due to many people.

Home Depot and Lowes can get very crowded on weekends.  It's better to go during weekdays.  I recommend curbside pickup for Home Depot.

If you look at Home Depot, Lowes, and Miracle Gro stocks, they have all performed very well in the market.  Many people are working on home projects.  I personally spent over $500 on gardening and landscaping supplies over the past 2 months.

My previous gardener had used flammable mulch on yard areas right up against the house.  I replaced the wood mulch with new weed block landscape sheets and stone.  Granite chips are pricey, but if you use loose sand or very small pebbles the cats might use it as litter box.

momopi said:
Home Depot and Lowes can get very crowded on weekends.  It's better to go during weekdays.  I recommend curbside pickup for Home Depot.

If you look at Home Depot, Lowes, and Miracle Gro stocks, they have all performed very well in the market.  Many people are working on home projects.  I personally spent over $500 on gardening and landscaping supplies over the past 2 months.

My previous gardener had used flammable mulch on yard areas right up against the house.  I replaced with new weed block landscape sheets and stone.  Granite chips are more pricey, but if you use loose sand or very small pebbles the cats will likely use it as litter box.

@momo what is the best methods in removing tree stump? I had my gardener cut down a large tree in our backyard. He did not remove the stump / root, so now wifey said I am the gardener, I searched YouTube and some videos showed pour flammable liquid of some sort let it soak and light it on fire😊.

I better ask someone on here

Compressed-Village said:
@momo what is the best methods in removing tree stump? I had my gardener cut down a large tree in our backyard. He did not remove the stump / root, so now wifey said I am the gardener, I searched YouTube and some videos showed pour flammable liquid of some sort let it soak and light it on fire😊.

There are many tree stump remover products.  Most require you to drill holes and pour the stuff in.  They accelerate tree root decomposition.  You do not need to lite it on fire.

If the tree stump is low enough, some people will just bury it with dirt to accelerate decomposition.  However this may cause issues later as bugs nest in them or cause uneven ground.

Yep. Like Costco, Target, and grocery stores, home improvement stores are essential and thus crowded.

Has anyone been to Micro Center? A buddy told me the waiting line to get in could take an hour on weekends.

And because we flattened the curve, there are healthy workers to man them.

momopi said:
Compressed-Village said:

There are many tree stump remover products.  Most require you to drill holes and pour the stuff in.  They accelerate tree root decomposition.  You do not need to lite it on fire.

If the tree stump is low enough, some people will just bury it with dirt to accelerate decomposition.  However this may cause issues later as bugs nest in them or cause uneven ground.

Sometimes the inventory updated online at HD or it says check in store.

Zov?s? Irvine ?temporary? closure looks permanent. Glass windows are  blacked out and exposed electric wires hanging out of the ceiling.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Krispy Kreme was insane the last time I went there. Drive-thru only or Mobile/Online order. Both lines were crazy. Waited 30 mins in line...might've been faster to do homemade donuts.

I went to The Donut Man in Glendora on the way back from Buttonwillow on Saturday.  I kid you not, there are over 50 people waiting in line on Saturday at 4pm for a donut which is probably a 1+ hour wait.  I told my gf, F that I'm not waiting over an hour for a donut so we took off.

iacrenter said:
Zov?s? Irvine ?temporary? closure looks permanent. Glass windows are  blacked out and exposed electric wires hanging out of the ceiling.

I ordered food for pick up a few times from their Tustin location and picked it up from their bakery location. I did like the Zov's off Culver, too bad.

USCTrojanCPA said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:

I went to The Donut Man in Glendora on the way back from Buttonwillow on Saturday.  I kid you not, there are over 50 people waiting in line on Saturday at 4pm for a donut which is probably a 1+ hour wait.  I told my gf, F that I'm not waiting over an hour for a donut so we took off.

My wife went a few weeks back, maybe 3 weeks ago? It was a weekday (she was also stopping by from a nearby job site) and she said the line was like 3 people.

Andreis Irvine is back open for dine in. 2607 Main St.

They have always had a charitable giving side to their business model so a restaurant worth supporting IMHO.

My .02c

Back