COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

I was wrong. Zov's Irvine reopened with large amount of outdoor seating. All that exposed wiring was renovation work. I hope they got a big rent discount from TIC.

iacrenter said:
Zov?s? Irvine ?temporary? closure looks permanent. Glass windows are  blacked out and exposed electric wires hanging out of the ceiling.

irvinehomeowner said:

I remember loving going there as a kid, video games, computer parts, TVs, etc.  But to be honest I haven't been there in about 5+ years, last time I remember going was for their 25% itune GCs when they went on sale, didn't even browse, grabbed and left.  All the businesses selling things online didn't help and their website wasn't smooth, they didn't really have great prices either compared to say Microcenter.  The one time I bought something on their website never shipped and was cancelled and I never used them again.

akkord said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I remember loving going there as a kid, video games, computer parts, TVs, etc.  But to be honest I haven't been there in about 5+ years, last time I remember going was for their 25% itune GCs when they went on sale, didn't even browse, grabbed and left.  All the businesses selling things online didn't help and their website wasn't smooth, they didn't really have great prices either compared to say Microcenter.  The one time I bought something on their website never shipped and was cancelled and I never used them again.

Micro center no comment.
Go to Yelp and read their reviews.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Glad I got a chest freezer from Fry's for a deep discount at the beginning of the year

I bar a chest freezer also. (But not from frys)
So much extra freezer space.

eyephone said:
akkord said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Micro center no comment.
Go to Yelp and read their reviews.

I've personally never had an issue with Microcenter, and I'm sure a lot of PC enthusiasts like having a Microcenter in the OC area, especially those who want the new video cards and AMD CPUs.  My dad has been using them for years as have I.  I've never had a DOA part though, maybe their return/exchange service sucks, but I can't comment on that.

Micro Center is a local treasure to me. I also don't view them as actively trying to screw you in the way I thought about Fry's. Then again, I'm really biased because I've been going to the Tustin Micro Center since the 90s. They let me return a videogame, which was unheard of, and won my eternal loyalty as a teenager.

This was the most recent thread I could find regarding MicroCenter.

Has anyone been since they remodeled?

So much better... it's like Frys and Best Buy had a baby.

La Sirena Grill in the Orchard Hills shopping center closed. I?m sad, really liked their fish tacos, enchiladas, and chips and guacamole. Covid really took a toll on their business and I noticed they never really recovered even after everything opened back up.

winterblues said:
La Sirena Grill in the Orchard Hills shopping center closed. I?m sad, really liked their fish tacos, enchiladas, and chips and guacamole. Covid really took a toll on their business and I noticed they never really recovered even after everything opened back up.

First CVS, now La Sirena Grill.  How long do you think Pizza stays in that location?  That place is always empty.

winterblues said:
Damn it - I loved this place.  There fish burrito was bomb and there salsa's were awesome.  Same people always working there too.  Wish I would have known I would have went for one last burrito and tipped extra well. 

paydawg said:
winterblues said:

First CVS, now La Sirena Grill.  How long do you think Pizza stays in that location?  That place is always empty.
Pizza Hut also sucks.  But with Orchard Hills built out a lot more you would think the center would start to draw more, but its still pretty quiet in general. 

They?ll probably put a gym in the CVS then some postal annex in La Sirena.  Hope I?m wrong though and we get some good restaurants

Drove by the Tustin ranch Costco yesterday and the gas station looks like it was pretty much ready to go. This morning I noticed the gas prices were listed on the Costco app - I?m assuming this opened today perhaps.

qwerty said:
Drove by the Tustin ranch Costco yesterday and the gas station looks like it was pretty much ready to go. This morning I noticed the gas prices were listed on the Costco app - I?m assuming this opened today perhaps.

Hope the lines aren't as long as the District one.

Most Irvine commercial properties have such a high cost that only a major chain restaurant can survive at an OH like location.  High volume sandwich places might (Board and Brew comes to mind) but everyone else is priced out.

Back