COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Turkado is my go-to sandwich at Board & Brew.

The Turkey Deluxe looks interesting as does the Chicken Club.  Will have to try it the next time I'm getting gas at Costco.

B+B is usually a pretty busy place. Nice mix of food options, beer and wine, which keeps them viable in expensive to lease locations. The RSM B+B is close to two schools and from 12-1 it's a wait to get in. Smart owners dropping a store in that location.

If you haven't tried The Stand, yet it's another restaurant that would likely survive in an expensive to lease location. They've got very simple but high quality food options served quickly. I don't know how long the Alton location has been there, but I'm guessing it's as busy as B+B.

Can't really think of any other pre-existing chain restaurants that could make a real go at it given where lease rates are today. An ideas?

Last time I tried The Stand, I found I preferred The Cut more. I'll have to give it another shot. I have also never seen it as busy as Board and Brew, which already is supporting multiple locations.

The Costco gas station at Tustin ranch is empty. No lines. I thought it was going to cause all sorts of traffic spilling onto el Camino real.

Driven by multiple times and never a line

qwerty said:
The Costco gas station at Tustin ranch is empty. No lines. I thought it was going to cause all sorts of traffic spilling onto el Camino real.

Filled up our ICE there over the weekend. I think it's mostly a product of people not knowing it's open yet. If you enter and exit off Bryan - you don't even see the gas station there. Hopefully it stays the same but guessing it'll become more popular over the next few weeks.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
qwerty said:

Filled up our ICE there over the weekend. I think it's mostly a product of people not knowing it's open yet. If you enter and exit off Bryan - you don't even see the gas station there. Hopefully it stays the same but guessing it'll become more popular over the next few weeks.

I'll go fill up there tomorrow as I was up in LA showing homes today.  Thanks for the heads up.

Went to go get gas at the Tustin Ranch Costco this morning around 10am.  Man, they have 32 gas dispensers which is more than the other Costcos that I've gotten gas at.  There are only 8 cars there while I was getting gas, I could get used to this until my Taycan arrives.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Went to go get gas at the Tustin Ranch Costco this morning around 10am.  Man, they have 32 gas dispensers which is more than the other Costcos that I've gotten gas at.  There are only 8 cars there while I was getting gas, I could get used to this until my Taycan arrives.

This one has more pumps than the district. The last time I was at the district for my Costco run was Saturday and the line at the district was the shortest I had seen in a very long time. You could  actually turn into the blacktop are to get in line vs waiting on Park to turn into the gas station. So immediate dividends from day 1. Maybe I?ll be able to get has st Costco again. I actually drive by the Tustin ranch one more often than the district.

Went to TR Costco last night just before closing. No wait at self-checkout. No wait at gas. It was like bizarro land.

Btw I noticed the same at Costco in San Juan Capistrano a few months back. No waits, totally sparse. Not sure if this is normal. I also randomly went to Costco in Scotland pre-Covid and it was totally not crowded.

The California Court Company said:
Costco where I am I can literally walk in for tire rotation without waiting. Costcos in Irvine are still quite packed?
Looks like you live in a paradise and you don't want to share the name of that paradise  :)

if you are a foodie, especially Asian, Irvine is much better in terms of restaurant selections.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
The California Court Company said:
Costco where I am I can literally walk in for tire rotation without waiting. Costcos in Irvine are still quite packed?
Looks like you live in a paradise and you don't want to share the name of that paradise  :)

winterblues said:
La Sirena Grill in the Orchard Hills shopping center closed. I?m sad, really liked their fish tacos, enchiladas, and chips and guacamole. Covid really took a toll on their business and I noticed they never really recovered even after everything opened back up.

Owner wants to focus more on their Docent Brewing down in SJC.

No kidding. more than half pumps are empty even on a Friday evening

qwerty said:

Stopped by Tustin Ranch Costco today at 3pm to fill up gas. Barely any cars. Must be because of the long weekend, but it worked out well for me.  ;D

Back