Countdown for in-person schooling

Send them to private school.

*Do I know how to read? Lol

But don?t forget to donate to Sally and skip a meal. She needs your help in Arizona.

eyephone said:
Send them to private school.

*Do I know how to read? Lol

But don?t forget to donate to Sally and skip a meal. She needs your help in Arizona.

I tried. My wife nixed it. Doesn?t want to move her around.

Did you talk about the curriculum? (More advance then public) * depending on the school

You have to sell the long term approach. Not just for 1 year.
Better: learning environment, peers, safer

Probably do not have to worry about a thing. Just write that check.

qwerty said:
I doubt most public schools will try to get a waiver.

It will be challenging for larger public schools to do all the protocols and guidelines for in person.  Even with a hybrid system and some in person opt outs, you're still looking at a couple hundred kids for each session.  Dismissal will be a nightmare. 

bones said:
qwerty said:
I doubt most public schools will try to get a waiver.

It will be challenging for larger public schools to do all the protocols and guidelines for in person.  Even with a hybrid system and some in person opt outs, you're still looking at a couple hundred kids for each session.  Dismissal will be a nightmare. 

The guidelines are the same as before for reopening after Labor Day and the criteria is subjective, ?limit?, ?minimize? etc.  If they were set to reopen on the 10th, I can?t imagine our county will say no.  Not saying it is a wise decision, just politically I don?t see the county rejecting waiver requests.

I would suspect the sticky wicket would be the teachers union bucking working when State criteria are not met. Not sure It matters or not anymore.

Understood but before today, getting off the watchlist forced the districts? hands. They more or less had to reopen. But now, they need to proactively apply for a waiver.  My point is that it?s a logistical nightmare for the school and parents - so not sure if districts want to even deal with it if they don?t HAVE to.

Just got TUSD announcement.  If we continue to trend positive TK-12 will open September 10th.

Apparently if you click the county on the State site, they report the measure as 5.6 cases/ 100k and 5% positivity.  So if we continue at this level next week, then we would drop to red status.

Now how to reconcile the State?s 5.6 / 100K with the Ochealth site showing 300+ a day?

nosuchreality said:
Just got TUSD announcement.  If we continue to trend positive TK-12 will open September 10th.

I was reading somewhere we get credit for our #s so we?re actually color red?  Either way, congrats QWERTY!

nosuchreality said:

I was coming to post this as well. I hope it sticks

bones said:
nosuchreality said:

I was reading somewhere we get credit for our #s so we?re actually color red?  Either way, congrats QWERTY!

**Case rate will be determined using confirmed (by PCR) cases, and will not include state and federal inmate cases. Case rates include an adjustment factor for counties that are testing above the state average. The incidence is adjusted downwards in a graduated fashion, with a maximum adjustment at twice the State average testing rate.

The numbers are still 7 day average with 7 day lag, which should be numbers from days 8-14 ago.  Our numbers were worse then.

nosuchreality said:
bones said:
nosuchreality said:

**Case rate will be determined using confirmed (by PCR) cases, and will not include state and federal inmate cases. Case rates include an adjustment factor for counties that are testing above the state average. The incidence is adjusted downwards in a graduated fashion, with a maximum adjustment at twice the State average testing rate.

The numbers are still 7 day average with 7 day lag, which should be numbers from days 8-14 ago.  Our numbers were worse then.

The whole thing is confusing.
https://twitter.com/ochealth/status/1299493955231309824?s=21

It makes sense given the numbers the State published for OC.  Click OC on the map. They marked it widespread, but our numbers listed are 5.6/100K and 5.0% positivity.  Which would be Red, which means we are the footnotes about switching to red on September 8th if the numbers stay below threshold. Which means when they publish on the 8th we go red and can open.

5.6/100K equates to about 180 cases a day.  They need to publish that testing credit. 

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:
bones said:
Newsom moved the goal post.
Countdown is off.
https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/

So daily new cases need to be below 222 a day for 14 days?  7/100k (3.176M pop). And a positivity rate 8% or under. 

Says TK-6 can get waiver.  Wonder if TUSD will apply?

I doubt most public schools will try to get a waiver. This is very disappointing. Fucking government is a joke.

The bigger the government get the less freedoms of choice we get. The same big government that gives freely, they too can take it away. I don?t want anything materials or monetary for free. Because that is the crutch that the government want you to have. Dependent on them.

For a second there I thought I was in Cuba, or are we on our way there. I am a libertarian, just leave me alone and I can take care of myself. Yes I will wear a mask. :)

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:

I think private school is the way to go for you. Especially because you have a daughter. Also, the connections/networking that she will make. I know of big time people on the board of private schools in LA. (Just saying, you got to stack the deck for your child)

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:

Well 9/10 didn?t stick.

Got the following email from TUSD:

On Friday, August 28, Governor Newsom held a press conference announcing a new monitoring system.  Following the announcement, the Orange County Health Care Agency confirmed if Orange County continues trending in a positive direction, TK-12 schools can reopen in-person instruction as of September 8.  However, over the weekend, the Tustin Unified School District received new information that put this in doubt.  The District continues to wait for clarification from the state. 

Due to this uncertainty, the opening date for the District?s in-person schooling on September 10 has been postponed and a new start date will be announced once we receive more information. 

Information changes daily, and TUSD thanks you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this evolving situation.  We remain committed to the health and safety of our students and staff.  You can help to ensure a safe return for in-person classes by practicing COVID-safe protocols over the Labor Day weekend.

Wouldn?t the practical thing to do is to still prepare for 9/10 so in the event you the clarification that things are fine you can actually open on 9/10? I mean it?s only 10 days away.

It sounds like they just put everything on hold

Kangen.Irvine said:
Many schools are uncertain as to how they will implement their board approved schedules. They look good on paper...

Yup. I?ve said this. It?s a logistical nightmare. Easy for the districts to keep doing the ?we?ll open as soon as we can? dance without actually ever opening. Especially now that DL is underway.

bones said:
Kangen.Irvine said:
Many schools are uncertain as to how they will implement their board approved schedules. They look good on paper...

Yup. I?ve said this. It?s a logistical nightmare. Easy for the districts to keep doing the ?we?ll open as soon as we can? dance without actually ever opening. Especially now that DL is underway.

The real nightmare is flu season once in person starts, in years pass, 1/4 the kids are coughing sniffing any given day Nov-Feb.

nosuchreality said:
bones said:
Kangen.Irvine said:

The real nightmare is flu season once in person starts, in years pass, 1/4 the kids are coughing sniffing any given day Nov-Feb.

We already got the reminder from the Montessori not to send kids in that are sick. Apparently they have had to send some kids home with cold symptoms or fevers. I can only imagine what it?s going to be like in the winter months 

Back